BE HONEST! How does this look?

Options
ojell
ojell Posts: 749 Member
This is for a Christmas party with very classy 40something year olds. Is this classy enough?

Should I choose something else due to classiness or just cause my body's not quite right for this outfit yet? I can't help but think I look really wide in it, and I'm second guessing myself. Please be HONEST so I don't look foolish! LOL

If you think I should wear something else, post pics please. :)

Edited to add: You can't see in the pics, but the stockings are zebra patterned.

Thanks everyone! And do NOT worry about hurting my feelings because I truly value honesty! :)

111219_0013.jpg

111219_0010.jpg

111219_0009.jpg

Replies

• MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
  • REComplete
    Options
    Interesting
  • ojell
    Options

Ok. Thank you!!! Be right back with the pics!!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options

Ok. Thank you!!! Be right back with the pics!!
    can't wait to see your progress
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    honey i think you look just fine and it fits you just right.
  • ojell
    Options

Thanks girl, I just hate my thighs and arms. ugh! Everything else I can mask. You know? lol
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    You look great! You chose a great skirt. Your arms and thighs are fine. You should feel like you're rockin' that outfit 'cause you are.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    Options

Thanks girl, I just hate my thighs and arms. ugh! Everything else I can mask. You know? lol

i feel ya, but I have more problem areas since im 300+ lbs lol.
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how this is classy, this is just normal.
    A nice formal dress would look fabulous though.
    And the best part is that the shop assistants are there to help you choose what suits your shape the best
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    You look great,very feminine and sexy. :wink:
  • kellicarter11
    kellicarter11 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    No offense but this doesn't look classy as per say.....I mean you look great in it! Definitely.....But maybe just not the right outfit for the party you described....You can never go wrong with a little black dress, a killer heel, and for an extra kick grab some red lipstick.....No clue if your single but I bet you'd have guys staring at you all night :)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    It looks good, but if it's for a formal event, I would probably find something else. Especially when you mentioned that your tights are zebra...that's too casual. It's a cute outfit, but it doesn't look formal.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    Yeah. This isn't a classy outfit. It's something to wear at a club or bar.

The skirt is designed to be worn higher with a tucked in blouse or tee and maybe a belt so it looks a little weird to be worn so low. Especially with your figure (your long torso) it would look totally BANGING as a high waisted skirt for a party or date.

Go out and buy yourself a nice black dress that hits right above the knee and you'll be set! :)
  • ShadowSoldier23
    Options
    I don't understand how this is classy, this is just normal.
    A nice formal dress would look fabulous though.
    And the best part is that the shop assistants are there to help you choose what suits your shape the best

I think if the shirt was a dressy blouse it would make the whole ensemble more formal.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a great pick for a "classy" night out. It looks to me more like something to wear to the pub on Friday night, not to a more formal do.
    I also don't think the skirt is very flattering, I wouldn't be comfortable in something quite that tight. The top looks fine, but just not very dressy.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I'll suggest getting a statement necklace from Claire's or Forever 21 if you wanna go over the top a little.

examples
    02928881-03.jpg
    05756687-01.jpg
    05757224-02.jpg
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Shirt and skirt, ok...not classy though, But the shoes...may be I don't see well on the picture, but they look like close heels with a zipper of something. I would suggest regular heels.
  • You can totally rock it! Very chic.
  • tnturbomama
    Options
    I agree with the others. I would opt for something a little more formal.
    In my honest opinion, I don't think the outfit flatters your figure.

Good luck and have fun!!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You look great - but maybe not for a classy party. That's not to say it's the opposite lol but not quite right for what you described. Skirt is too tight and too red. I'm sure you'll find something that will look great!