BE HONEST! How does this look?

Options

Replies

• emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I would add accessories (pearls are always a great option, a belt and maybe a scarf or a cardigan) and wear a minimizer under the skirt. you have some puckering across the hips, which a minimizer should eliminate. If minimizer doesn't eliminate the puckering, then the skirt is too small and you should opt for a different option...
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a great pick for a "classy" night out. It looks to me more like something to wear to the pub on Friday night, not to a more formal do.
    I also don't think the skirt is very flattering, I wouldn't be comfortable in something quite that tight. The top looks fine, but just not very dressy.

I have to agree. When I wear something tight it shows all the remaining bulges. Something with a little more flow in the material but not bulky.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Great color combo, and nothing wrong with the way your arms look! I would wear a shaper with the outfit - I personally favor the full shapers that allow you to wear your own bra - so you don't have a uni-boob. Trust me, I don't wear anything form-fitting without one of those babies keeping my tummy and thighs in check! :)

12029845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Also forgot to mention, maybe you want to find a top that's not in a t-shirt shape - something more dressy :)
  • rhawkins26
    Options
    You want honesty? The skirt is too tight.... the top is cute. But the skirt clinging to every thing is not attractive. Sorry.
  • rhawkins26
    Options
    You want honesty? The skirt is too tight.... the top is cute. But the skirt clinging to every thing is not attractive. Sorry.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am on the "little black dress" train for classy. Drop the zebra print hose and go with sheer hose since it is a classy event. I have the thighs and hips so I go with clothes that don't cling to that area. I think it makes one look smaller where as the cling draws attention to that area. If you want some color, you can go with a colorful wrap such as a pashmina (sp?) because it is probably going to be chilly going in and out of the building. Personally, I like black shoes with a black dress. You can dress things up a little with some tasteful jewelry. Hope you have a great time.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Just to throw it into the mix ... I won't comment on the outfit or accessories or that, or suitability for the do you are going to, but just looking at the photos you look great. Curves in the right place there !
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Probably not the right outfit for the occasion.
  • SamBuck123
    Options
    i actulally have tthis almost exact outfit but i usually wear it to a club or house party or bar or something ya know? i do like it but maybe if it was a black pencil skirt and a colored top? paired with some jewelry it would look a little more classy for what your going to. I like the outfit def and your body is FINE for it but just not the ocassion
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: The two colors cut you in half, making you look shorter than you probably are. I'd suggest a top and skirt or dress in the same/similar color to elongate your shape.You have nice curves but don't need to wear your outfit so tight either.
    Let us know what you choose. You are gorgeous no matter what you wear!
  • bramicrub
    Options
    Do NOT wear that to a formal classy event. The outfit holds very little class as mentioned before about the zebra stuff. Go to a "formal wear" outfitter and, as mentioned before by someone, their job is to make you look good. Pay the extra bucks to look the part. And I hope people don't think I am being rude. Just being upfront and honest. The clothes, no matter who is wearing them, do not look classy.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    The men will love the skirt. I think you should go with another top. You look great but, I have to agree with other posters, the top is not for a more formal event. Change the top and you will be the hit of the party!
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options

must agree...the top is plain jane.... you have to find something better....
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I think I should probably clarify it's not a formal event. It's more casual...I just wanted to dress it up a bit. I'm guessing the women will be dressy-casual. I wish I knew what the other ladies are wearing! lol I was going more for getting the "right" attention from a guy I'm into, but just that his fam will be there and they are very classy women. I want to appeal to the older classier crowd (not come across as trashy), but still look hip since I'm young.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with you but the outfit doesn't work the way it is for a formal occasion. Maybe with a blazer. Honestly I think an different outfit for the occasion. I think a shimmery (fabric) single color dress "v" line and synched around the breasts, with lots of folds and paired with a shrug, and a statement piece or a fur shrug wrap (hot this season). Let me look around for some pics.
  • occupyme
    occupyme Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I concur with many others: this is not formal attire. A black dress with non-zebra hose and heels, add a string of pearls and you'll be set. You can buy a black dress and pearls anywhere from Target to Macys in addition to the really expensive shops.
  • occupyme
    occupyme Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just read your clarifying post about casual...the fellow's family....etc. You can never go wrong with a rather conservative but becoming black dress et al.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    FTR none of the negativity is offensive to me. LoL I value honesty. I'd rather you guys be honest then be all like "Oh, you look great!" though go out there looking a hot mess in front of these people. lol

Thing is...I don't typically wear dresses, so I'm not sure I'll feel right in anything. LOL But I have no sense of style. A couple of my friends picked this out for me. I really have no clue what to wear. I wanna look good to the older and the younger is what I was meaning by classy. Lol I just don't wanna look trashy. haha

I feel like I look too big in it. I'm just not sure what I CAN rock though. That's the prob, and I only have like 2 days to find something. I'm kinna freaking out a bit. I always dress safe and plain, and I just really wanted to dress out of the norm (in a great way of course) and really make my crush drool. ;)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Shirred-Detail-Dress.aspx?PfId=250267&DeptId=20375&ProductTypeId=1

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Pleated-Georgette-Dress.aspx?PfId=252851&DeptId=20375&ProductTypeId=1

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Matte-Chiffon-Faux-Wrap-Dress.aspx?PfId=261101&DeptId=20375&ProductTypeId=1

I'm really loving this blazer
    http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Pinstriped-Blazer.aspx?PfId=244959&DeptId=20681&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps

(ETA I have No idea what size you are :laugh: you look great. You can dress in a way that still shows those curvs and still look classy. Sometimes something a little less tight and pulled in at just the right place will show those lovely curvs in a more classy way. :)
    This whole outfit is great! (below) If you are not comfortable wearing a dress then don't. You will feel better about yourself in something you are comfortable in!
    http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Boucle-Jacket.aspx?PfId=248827&DeptId=20681&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps