BE HONEST! How does this look?

Options

Replies

• branflake5
    Options
    I think your body looks great!! That being said I don't think the outfit is appropriate for the "classy" 40 somethings party you have described. This outfit definitely looks more club-ish, try something like

http://www.letobuy.com/black-strapless-short-cocktail-dress-for-lady-p-10479.html

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/inc-international-concepts-dress-cap-sleeve-scoop-neck-sequin-sheath?ID=619862&CategoryID=5449#fn=sp=1&spc=866&ruleId=65&slotId=17

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/xscape-ruched-satin-one-shoulder-sheath-dress/3252204?origin=category&resultback=7242

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/xscape-ruched-satin-one-shoulder-sheath-dress/3252204?origin=category&resultback=7242

I think all these dresses are very sexy and classy too, so you can show off you figure, look super hot and be absolutely stunning
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    When ever I go to a "classy event" I see women in a dress. Never in a skirt or pants. A nice black dress with high heels and your hair down.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i agree with the too tight crowd, and even though i am not a dress person (though i would like to be) i agree also with a dress. but...as i tend to think that a little black dress can be a bit boring, i think you should opt for something like this

8272.jpg

a wrap dress will flatter your figure perfectly! showing off those great curves you have, without being so tight that it looks like you are wearing a size or 2 too small. that kind of dress with some hot heels and some bling...screams classy but not boring. shows off some cleavage with the right bra to make your crush drool, but won't be too over the top so as to make the guys family wince.
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    Hey girl! Honestly, I think that your outfit choice would be rockin' for a night out with the girls at a pub, or out clubbing, but as far as a classy dinner for people generally 40 and over, I would think the tight red skirt and zebra textured tights isn't for that sort of venue. Also, that outfit doesn't look like it would be all that comfortable to wear for any really long period of time. I think when it comes to choosing a cute number to wear, and classy also applies to this rule too - COMFORT = CONFIDENCE. You want something that you feel comfortable to move around in, so you're sitting and moving naturally, not something you're self conscious or standing stiff in.

I don't know what age range you're in, but regardless of age, a dress with gathers or pleats in the right places can look sexy, classy and be comfy - something like a few of these dresses here:

Draping-1024x547.jpg

Hope my two cents helps! Good luck and have fun! :)

This is a nice simple look. you can never go wring with simple.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    You want honesty? The skirt is too tight.... the top is cute. But the skirt clinging to every thing is not attractive. Sorry.
    true. You may want to get something that is not so tight.
    you look amazing but more for a date not for a formal party with 40 years old people.
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Hey girl! Honestly, I think that your outfit choice would be rockin' for a night out with the girls at a pub, or out clubbing, but as far as a classy dinner for people generally 40 and over, I would think the tight red skirt and zebra textured tights isn't for that sort of venue. Also, that outfit doesn't look like it would be all that comfortable to wear for any really long period of time. I think when it comes to choosing a cute number to wear, and classy also applies to this rule too - COMFORT = CONFIDENCE. You want something that you feel comfortable to move around in, so you're sitting and moving naturally, not something you're self conscious or standing stiff in.

I don't know what age range you're in, but regardless of age, a dress with gathers or pleats in the right places can look sexy, classy and be comfy - something like a few of these dresses here:

Draping-1024x547.jpg

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE #1 and #3
    Those are beautiful, figure flattering and very stylish.
  • hardatwork45
    hardatwork45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    you look FABULOUS and you have curves in all the right places. I think you are getting business casual and dressy casual mixed up. If I were you and I had that body I would definitely go for a cocktail dress or the little black dress. Sometimes we have to work within our budget (not saying this is a problem for you but just in case) I would maybe switch up the top and add accessories and instead of the printed hosery I would go with just a basic color. Good luck to you and please post pics, you look FABULOUS!!!!!
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options

Draping-1024x547.jpg

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE #1 and #3
    Those are beautiful, figure flattering and very stylish.

Seconding this! #1 and #3 are absolutely beautiful and can be both casual and formal if you pair it with the correct accessories.

I think you look great, but if you were trying to get a guy's attention, I think wearing something similar to the above dresses would look stunning on your figure. You look great in what you have on but you would look even better in a wrap dress.
  • branflake5
    Options
    okay so you don't like dresses normally and you don't want to be over dressed but you do want to look hot so why not wear nice dress pants and a cute top like

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265646509858&c=Page&cid=1319078564708&pagename=vsdWrapper
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    i agree with the too tight crowd, and even though i am not a dress person (though i would like to be) i agree also with a dress. but...as i tend to think that a little black dress can be a bit boring, i think you should opt for something like this

8272.jpg

a wrap dress will flatter your figure perfectly! showing off those great curves you have, without being so tight that it looks like you are wearing a size or 2 too small. that kind of dress with some hot heels and some bling...screams classy but not boring. shows off some cleavage with the right bra to make your crush drool, but won't be too over the top so as to make the guys family wince.

Oooh, I don't think you could go wrong with this little red dress - it would show off all those gorgeous curves and the boy wouldn't be able to keep his eyes off you! Red is lovely and Christmassy too.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You asked for honesty, so... I think the tightness, colors, and animal print stockings all make it considerably less than "classy."

If I were you, I would wear something along the lines of a little black dress in a slightly larger size. (I'd also wear sheer or nude nylons and keep jewelry and makeup to a minimum.)

If you want to come across as hip and young, leave that to your personality. Modest clothing, on the other hand, will help earn you the respect of the other people at the event.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    You want honesty? The skirt is too tight.... the top is cute. But the skirt clinging to every thing is not attractive. Sorry.
    Have to agree here. From a male point of view too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Have to agree here. From a male point of view too.

Ditto.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Tight and uncomfortable.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I am in the boat where women over 40 should not show their knees anywhere other than the most casual of occasions. A calf length, fully lined pencil skirt made of quality material really elongates the body and smooths over any lumps and bumps.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    No offense but this doesn't look classy as per say.....I mean you look great in it! Definitely.....But maybe just not the right outfit for the party you described....You can never go wrong with a little black dress, a killer heel, and for an extra kick grab some red lipstick.....No clue if your single but I bet you'd have guys staring at you all night :)

This.

I adore the outfit on you!! Just don't think it's right for the scenario you mentioned.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I am in the boat where women over 40 should not show their knees anywhere other than the most casual of occasions. A calf length, fully lined pencil skirt made of quality material really elongates the body and smooths over any lumps and bumps.

Although I can't see her profile, I get the feeling that the OP is well under 40 (but going to a party which will be attended by 40 somethings).
    I do agree about something that skims over the bumps, not clings to and accentuates them.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing in it. But like others have said, if it's supposed to be a "classy" event (I'm assuming you mean semi-formal, at least) then I'd choose a different dress. Not as form-fitting, and a bit longer.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

Although I can't see her profile, I get the feeling that the OP is well under 40 (but going to a party which will be attended by 40 somethings).
    I do agree about something that skims over the bumps, not clings to and accentuates them.
    This is for a Christmas party with very classy 40something year olds

I was going on the OP