What do *you* put hummus on?

Options

Replies

• eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hummus wraps using a 100 calorie La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortilla with grilled veggies or with 4 oz. of sauteed boneless skinless chicken breast. So good. Much better than taking a big bowl of it and a loaf of pita bread and parking in front of the tv like I used to lol... I also once had a hummous and tabboule wrap in a restaurant which was amazing too.

I have been making hummous for 20 years (Middle Eastern ancestry here) but just yesterday wrote down the recipe and calculated the calories. 165 calories for a 1/4 cup. 1/4 cup goes a long way in the wrap though.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I love dipping carrot or celery sticks into hummus!

I also like toasting pitas a little and then breaking them up to use as "chips" for dipping.
  • melmist
    Options
    I love the greek olive hummus! I chop up more black olives and then I put it on pita chips or triscuits. I usually like to use it as a dip with raw veggies.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I put mine on Flatouts w/ lettuce and ham or turkey slices.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hummus + meat = win!

Hummus + kibbe = OMG

I would put hummus on hummus!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Mostly my finger every time I open the fridge!!! Hummus is the devil :laugh:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    A spoon if I'm feeling fancy, I eat hummus plain sometimes. :happy:

I LOVE Hummus on GF pretzels, rice cakes, any veggie, I LOVED it with veggie burgers
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    All the above, and on sandwiches instead of mayo.

You make hummus with a a can of drained chickpeas and a couple spoons of Tahini.. (tahini can be found in the Middle Eastern/Mediterranean section)

.. blend in (mini max food processor) till creamy adding a bit of water, olive oil, lemon juice,.. or whatever you want.. I even add a clove of garlic, and perhaps some red pepper flakes, whatever fits your fancy...
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Everything. I even make hummus omelettes.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Wowser! There are some serious hummus fanatics on MFP. Love it! :-P

Thank you all sooo much! You've given me such great ideas. Can't wait to try 'em!:happy:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    veggies veggies veggies! baby red/yellow peppers, celery, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber spears! and then pita chips, tortilla chips, or just a plain old hummus lollypop! a dollop on salad is good too.
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    omg I was craving hummus in my sleep last night...lol
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    its also great on a veggie burger and i have also had it to dip my left over cold chicken breast in. (my fave is the roasted red pepper)
    I dont love raw veggies, but i do like snap peas with hummus!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    What don't I put hummus on?

*wink*
  • reba971
    Options
    I slice up red, green, yellow and orange bell peppers and dip...love it! Sometimes baby carrots and triscuit crackers. It is good on pretty much any cracker, pretzel or chip that I have tried. Try bagel chips, maybe you will like it better. I use the roasted red pepper flavor and love it!
  • reba971
    Options
    Just FYI...it is super easy and cheap to make yourself too. I have a great recipe if you want it let me know!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Answer: EVERYTHING!

It's a great compliment to any food.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    why does MFP do this ---double post
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    My fave is red or yellow bell-peppers. Something about the sweet zing of peppers + hummus is just yum. Easily one of my favorite things to eat.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    OMG what don't I put hummus on is the question:

- Pita chips
    - Whole wheat pita
    - All sorts of veggies
    - As spread for sandwich instead of mayo
    - Rolled in turkey deli meat

Endless possibilities

EXACTLY!!!!