Parents Please Wake Up

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I would have to say... me being fat is my problem... it has nothing to do with my parents. My mom did tell me to eat less because I'll grow up fat, and I didn't listen to her. I went out with my best friends, eating fried chicken, fast food, pizza all the time. So, it's more of my own fault being so rebellious.

Totally love your honesty--
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am constantly shocked at Wal Mart at how many children (under 5) I see drinking soda. This last week I saw a two year old drinking soda out of a baby bottle. This bothers for me than just the soda though. It's all about healthy choices, and moderation. Yes I give my kids candy and desserts. Yes I let my kids eat chips and pizza and fast food. But less than once a week. Soda though, they will not have soda until they are well over 5. There is no reason a child can't be healthy with 100% juice drinks, water, and milk.

so scary!!!

OMG a TWO year old being given soda? That's just so disgusting. Shame on the parents.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am constantly shocked at Wal Mart at how many children (under 5) I see drinking soda. This last week I saw a two year old drinking soda out of a baby bottle. This bothers for me than just the soda though. It's all about healthy choices, and moderation. Yes I give my kids candy and desserts. Yes I let my kids eat chips and pizza and fast food. But less than once a week. Soda though, they will not have soda until they are well over 5. There is no reason a child can't be healthy with 100% juice drinks, water, and milk.

so scary!!!

OMG a TWO year old being given soda? That's just so disgusting. Shame on the parents.

Oh Em Gee let's call CPS right now!!!! Why are they even allowed to breed? Not soda, no!

Honestly even 100% juice isn't much better, it's all sugar.
  • servilia
    Options

so scary!!!

Oh Em Gee let's call CPS right now!!!! Why are they even allowed to breed? Not soda, no!

Why the smart *kitten* response. funny girl

At least natural juice isn't full of chemical additives.
  • taramaureen
    Options

so scary!!!

I find it ridiculous that people want to critique other's parenting based on anticdotes.

I'm all about moderation. Even though I side eye parents who's 2 year old is carrying around a bottle of soda, it's meh, whatever if it's an occassional thing. Who are we to judge?
  • servilia
    Options

so scary!!!

I find it ridiculous that people want to critique other's parenting based on anticdotes.

I'm all about moderation. Even though I side eye parents who's 2 year old is carrying around a bottle of soda, it's meh, whatever if it's an occassional thing. Who are we to judge?

Moderation in soda for a 2 year old? Yeah whatever..
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

so scary!!!

I would like to say I wouldn't judge but going to a farm in the summer I saw a mum pouring diet coke into a babies mouth. The baby looked about the sane age as ny sin who was about 7 months at the time. It just made me cringe plus worry about the poor babies stomach as they suffer enough with gas from just drinking milk half the time
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Yes it is a problem.

18 pages of forum conversations on a forum being occupied by people trying to lose weight does nothing to fix said problem.
  • taramaureen
    Options

I'm not saying it's the brightest thing to do, I'm just saying it's not the worst thing in the world to do... not even close.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    So to summarize this thread -

Original Poster: BLARGH PARENTS THAT FEED THEIR KIDS CRAP ARE KILLING THEIR CHILDREN

Comments: YES I AGREE, I AM NOT JUDGING BUT I AM JUDGING

Comments Arguing: STOP JUDGING BLARGH !

Comments Arguing with Arguers: BLARGH BLARGH IM NOT JUDGING I AM JUST MAKING A point to make a point ! Because my typing is pretty ! Not that any thing discussed in this particular topic will help any body in any way...

Comments Arguing with Arguers arguing: Blargh !

Xayekim: Blarghing at the blargh!
  • Marla64
    Options

Original Poster: BLARGH PARENTS THAT FEED THEIR KIDS CRAP ARE KILLING THEIR CHILDREN

Comments Arguing with Arguers: BLARGH BLARGH IM NOT JUDGING I AM JUST MAKING A point to make a point ! Because my typing is pretty ! Not that any thing discussed in this particular topic will help any body in any way...

:laugh: :laugh:

worship.gif

Priceless.

Excellent summary.....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Very amusing! And BTW... BLARGH!!
  • Demwitted
    Options

You left out the parts about Medicaid, Communism, and blaming it all on working moms.
  • SCOUSERWENCH
    SCOUSERWENCH Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what some parents are thinking when they buy their kids fast food nearly every day and give them stuff like pizza, chips, candy, and coke on a regular basis. Those things should be "treats" that are had only every once in a while. So many families feed their children junk food every day, and that is making generation after generation of obese people. I was 250 lbs by the time I was in jr high and 300 lbs by the time I was in high school. When you're a kid you're not born knowing what a proper meal should look like or what a portion size should be, we only know what we are shown and taught by our parents. It all starts when we are kids. If we learn bad eating habits and are never taught right, it's something we have to struggle with and try to over come when we are adults, which makes it a thousand times more difficult.

I've been struggling for years to undo the damage that my upbringing has done to my body as well as my mind. I have a very long way to go and it's extremely hard, but I'm doing it. And it pisses me off to see parents out there doing the same thing to their kids that my parents did to me. And it makes me want to shake their parents and scream - WAKE UP! Can’t you see what you’re DOING? Because when I look in the mirror at the 340 lb woman staring back at me I'm looking at THEIR future. And that breaks my heart.

If you’re a parent I’m begging you, BEGGING you, to put your foot down and turn things around for your children. YOU are the one shaping your child’s body and mind. You have control over what goes in your shopping cart and what goes on your table. You’re the parent. Love them enough to make the right choices for them.

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this post, but I don't care. If just one parent reads this post and decides to make healthier choices for their family then it's worth it.

Have you got kids yourself? If not will you kindly think about and worry about your own health before asking parents to do what you thinks best.

If you have got kids, You should be worrying about your Own problems not other people's eating habits.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I had exactly the same problem as a kid.
    My mum would feed me healthy food, but she would give me MASSIVE portions that a gorwn person would struggle with,
    and she would yell at me if i didnt eat it all. Even if i was about to be sick..
    Still have a problem with portion control now thankx to her.
    I just eat and eat and eat past the point of being sick if the food is infront of me.
    Literally if the food never stopped, i would never stop.
    And i really hate her too for it, she didnt even give me a choice. I had to eat it or it was a smacked bum and straight to bed.
    Its like wtf..
  • tml224
    tml224 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We need to blame society. Bad food is cheap and to eat healthy, you have to pay more. 20 nuggets for 5 dollars at Mickey D's be healthy? There's no way that can be real meat in my opinion. I attribute my upbringing to my past eating habits as well. I grew up on pizza, fries, cheesesteaks, and everything else greasy. Everything we ate was processed and now I'm trying to undo 30 plus years of bad eating. My husband and I make sure that our daughter has a homecooked meal EVERY day so that we can control what goes in and out her food. Parents have to understand they are doing more harm than good! We have to break this vicious cycle.....
  • Marla64
    Options

You left out the parts about Medicaid, Communism, and blaming it all on working moms.

No, he didn't-- that was in the "BLARGH BLARGH IM NOT JUDGING I AM JUST MAKING A point to make a point ! Because my typing is pretty ! Not that any thing discussed in this particular topic will help any body in any way... part.

Pay attention-- :wink:
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    This thread is still going??

I thought we all agreed that we were flogging those horrible parents??

Blarghing at the blargh?(amazing work right here. Someone hurry get this guy a gold star :))
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    We need to blame society. Bad food is cheap and to eat healthy, you have to pay more. 20 nuggets for 5 dollars at Mickey D's be healthy? There's no way that can be real meat in my opinion. I attribute my upbringing to my past eating habits as well. I grew up on pizza, fries, cheesesteaks, and everything else greasy. Everything we ate was processed and now I'm trying to undo 30 plus years of bad eating. My husband and I make sure that our daughter has a homecooked meal EVERY day so that we can control what goes in and out her food. Parents have to understand they are doing more harm than good! We have to break this vicious cycle.....

Anyone who thinks eating at McD or any other fast food is cheaper than eating healthy food at home has obviously never really been so broke that they couldn't afford McD. For $5 you could by more than a lb of chicken at the grocery store and feed a whole family. You could even get a bag of frozen vegetables to serve with it. Is a family going to be full sharing nothing but 20 Mcnuggets?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    This thread is still going??

I thought we all agreed that we were flogging those horrible parents??

Blarghing at the blargh?(amazing work right here. Someone hurry get this guy a gold star :))

So it's not okay to criticize parents for feeding their kids crap to the point of obesity, but it is okay to trash a 130 lb woman for calling herself fat?