Best Protein Shakes

Options

Replies

• shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology. Only 150 calories and as far as the nutrition, it is the best one.

O, rly? please explain

If you are really interested in knowing all of the facts about it, please feel free to private messege me.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology. Only 150 calories and as far as the nutrition, it is the best one.

O, rly? please explain

If you are really interested in knowing all of the facts about it, please feel free to private messege me.

i'd prefer if you just posted in this thread. i'd love to hear why ShakeO is so nutritious and i'm sure others would as well
  • Mocha02
    Options

O, rly? please explain

i'd prefer if you just posted in this thread. i'd love to hear why ShakeO is so nutritious and i'm sure others would as well

Yea I want to know too...thats why I did the post!! lol
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

O, rly? please explain

you did say publicy that its the best one...is the reason a secret?
  • Mom2Asa
    Mom2Asa Posts: 109 Member
    Options

O, rly? please explain

Agreed because I cannot even pull up an ingredient list for Shakeology. The Zeal protien shakes that I drink gives you a COMPLETE run down on their website of all ingredients and the nutrition label as well.

http://www.tlg.zealforlife.biz/zeal_protein_shakes.asp?CO_LA=US_EN

That is what is in the ones I prefer to drink.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My usual protein powder is Garden of Life's Raw Protein Powder that I buy from Whole Foods.
    Link for more info: http://www.netrition.com/garden_of_life_raw_protein.html
    Protein: 18g per serving
    Calories: 80

Right now I'm using MLO Milk & Egg Protein Powder since Raw is 3 times more expensive than Raw, and offers a bit more protein per serving.
    Protein: 21g per serving
    Calories: 110
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options

O, rly? please explain

you did say publicy that its the best one...is the reason a secret?

She could be a coach and wanting to provide info about buying it from her directly or through her BeachBody coach account.. something like that. I'm pretty sure there's commission involved with these products.
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love the Jay Robb Whey Protein Shakes too. The stevia isn't bitter like some stevia sweeteners can be. It has about 110 calories per serving and 25 grams of protein and only 1 carb. They have a variety of flavors (I buy from LuckyVitamin.com because they seem to be cheapest there - and they seem to have a good variety). I've made smoothies and mixed it with milk but I've also mixed it with just plain old water and it still tastes creamy!! I highly recommend it!! =)

I don't know about "best" because I'm not an expert. But I do enjoy the taste of this protein shake also. I prefer the chocolate.

Shakeology I believe is MLM and their shakes are really expensive. I'm sure you can get a better protein shake out there for less money.

http://www.mealreplacementshakereviews.com/shakeology-review/

That site has a review of it and there is a big button on there that has the complete nutritional info if you need it to compare.

Hope this helps in your decision!
  • fitfoodeeee
    Options
    I drink Premier Protein (sold at Costco or Sam's club) or the pre-canned Pure Protein shakes (sold at Trader Joes or Target). I drink one everyday. I drink it directly after I workout, and on days that I don't workout I drink it as a snack at any point during the day.
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    I've used Inner Armour and Intek. Love them both. I use it frequently for making my own protein bars, cakes, etc. I also use Visalus because I get enough protein in my regular foods and it's low in calorie (90 calories), low sugar, low sodium, low carb and the protein make up makes for better absorption without the bloating some protein powders create.

How often do you use these shakes? Once a day? Twice?

At least once daily, and as often as 2x a day for my drink but I also make snacks/protein bars as snacks with the protein powder in it.

Yea sooo...feel free to share your recipes for those snacks/protein bars maam! I would be oh so grateful!! :flowerforyou:

Go to Tosca Reno's eat clean diet shake for ton's of protein recipes. I make pancakes, waffles, breads, cakes, everything you can imagine with protein! All of the best recipes came from that site! The kitchen table section...
  • Mocha02
    Options
    I love the Jay Robb Whey Protein Shakes too. The stevia isn't bitter like some stevia sweeteners can be. It has about 110 calories per serving and 25 grams of protein and only 1 carb. They have a variety of flavors (I buy from LuckyVitamin.com because they seem to be cheapest there - and they seem to have a good variety). I've made smoothies and mixed it with milk but I've also mixed it with just plain old water and it still tastes creamy!! I highly recommend it!! =)

I don't know about "best" because I'm not an expert. But I do enjoy the taste of this protein shake also. I prefer the chocolate.

Shakeology I believe is MLM and their shakes are really expensive. I'm sure you can get a better protein shake out there for less money.

http://www.mealreplacementshakereviews.com/shakeology-review/

That site has a review of it and there is a big button on there that has the complete nutritional info if you need it to compare.

Hope this helps in your decision!

Thanks a ton hun!! :flowerforyou:
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    FORGET protein shakes.. tonight I made protein ice cream :-) Found this recipe it was good!

http://sinorslim.com/desserts/keto-cookie-dough-ice-cream/
  • MichelleLRM
    Options
    I don't use a protein shake, I drink a visalus shake or products go and pro are for pre and post workout. I have not ever had a 6 pack and I am starting to show one after 9 weeks. If you are interested check out: MichelleRM.MyVi.net! Happy Holidays!
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Gaspari Myofusion Banana Perfection
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    I use Jillian Michaels Vanilla Whey Protein Shake.. At walmart for 10 dollars. I scoop is 100 calories and use it after my workouts. Love it. :)
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Here we go again.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    What are some of the best protein shakes to use, especially for calorie restricted diets? Which protein shakes do you use and how often? :drinker:

I have two protein shakes per day and often use plain protein in some of my food preparation. There are lots of protein powders. Some of it, much of it, is junk. Consumer Reports did an article about a year ago that showed how much heavy metal, including arsenic, most of it has in it.

If you're looking for quality and safety plus good taste, I suggest my favorite, Energy First. It's whey isolate, which is the very best whey and much easier on the stomach. It 's also from grass fed cows that are healthy and raised naturally. Of course, it has no antibiotics or junk and no sugar. It has stevia for sweetening. It' s very natural and they only have vanilla and chocolate. Both are rich and mix quickly. They're also expensive compared to most of the other brands.
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I use Visalus sweet cream soy protein (90 calories) when replacing a meal. I also use Myofusion whey protein after my workouts....
  • dcarreno
    Options
    aahmmm not touching this one!!!