1235»

Replies

• Mocha02
    Options
    aahmmm not touching this one!!!

Why? Wassah mattah???
  • Mocha02
    Options
    I use Visalus sweet cream soy protein (90 calories) when replacing a meal. I also use Myofusion whey protein after my workouts....

90 Calories sounds more like it! Im trying to cut now so the lower calories the better...thanks!
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    GNC AMP. One to two scoops depending on the workout for that day.
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    My SO has a "Cookies and Cream" protein shake he uses. I'll have to go find out the brand name.

Despite it's name, it's pretty low in cals and sugar.
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I kinda like the Pure Protein ready-to-drink vanilla shakes. Some people don't care for them, but my taste buds have gotten used to the flavor. Their convenient, not too terribly expensive and have 23g of protein per serving.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    What are some of the best protein shakes to use, especially for calorie restricted diets? Which protein shakes do you use and how often? :drinker:

I have two protein shakes per day and often use plain protein in some of my food preparation. There are lots of protein powders. Some of it, much of it, is junk. Consumer Reports did an article about a year ago that showed how much heavy metal, including arsenic, most of it has in it.

If you're looking for quality and safety plus good taste, I suggest my favorite, Energy First. It's whey isolate, which is the very best whey and much easier on the stomach. It 's also from grass fed cows that are healthy and raised naturally. Of course, it has no antibiotics or junk and no sugar. It has stevia for sweetening. It' s very natural and they only have vanilla and chocolate. Both are rich and mix quickly. They're also expensive compared to most of the other brands.

Thank you for posting this! I just found the article online- scary!!

Where do you buy the Energy First? I found some BioChem which is 100% Whey protein and I'm thinking of trying that unless I can find the Energy First.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i use one scoop vega sport natural plant-based its 110 calories. all natural gluten free. and it says dairy and soy free. i use it half hour before my workout. just mix with water add soome fruit. it tast pretty good. i'm not a vegan but i like there protein shack and its healthy by far
  • tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I noticed that nobody responded earlier in the thread about Shakeology. Here is a link to the ingredients and science behind it. http://www.shakeology.com/the-science
    It doesn't use artificial ingredients or soy and includes more nutrition than any of these other hakes.