Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I would take your 145 in a heart beat.

You would take her 145, I would take your 162
    Lol
  • KemaVA
    KemaVA Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Someone at 5'3" "might" look chunky at 140 but someone 5'9" is gonna be skinny.

:grumble: :angry: :mad: :explode:

Yes, I'm that shorty thats chunky at 141. :sad: I'm 5'1.5. I was 162 last year when I started in January... lost 20 and then took the winter off :embarassed: Now i'm back to defeat the next 20+
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    for the love of God, muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. it takes up less space is all.

That's what "weighs more than" means in the comparative sense. Obviously one pound of muscle is going to weigh the same as one pound of fat. But given certain size parameters, 1 cu ft of muscle is heavier than 1 cu ft of fat.

Just like a pile of feathers weighs less than a pile of bowling balls, if the piles are of equal size.

I was just about to say that.

That photo of the 5lb fat and muscle is gross but pretty amazing too.
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for all the posts! I seriously needed to read these today! I have been stuck at 135-137 for nearly a month. But I can tell my body is changing, the scale is just not moving! I am 5'5 and wanted to get to 120-125... but I am learning to focus more on Body Fat % and inches and forget the da#n scale! :p Good luck to you all!

Here is a little motivation for the day!
    inspire.jpg
    fitness.jpg
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for all the posts! I seriously needed to read these today! I have been stuck at 135-137 for nearly a month. But I can tell my body is changing, the scale is just not moving! I am 5'5 and wanted to get to 120-125... but I am learning to focus more on Body Fat % and inches and forget the da#n scale! :p Good luck to you all!

I am RIGHT there with you!! 5'5, and currently 137. Want to get to 126. Just.can't.do.it. for some reason! Killing myself at the gym and getting crazy good muscles but still covered by the fat. *sigh*
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". The first 2 pics were of me around 145ish (and yes, I burned that awful swimsuit once I shrunk out of it....blech!)

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/DSC00204-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/DSC00278-1.jpg[/img]

This one is me in June 2011 (I'm the one in the sunglasses) about 127lbs

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/DSC01190.jpg[/img]

I had some more recent pics (in a bikini) at my current weight which is around 122ish....but I'm not finding them on my computer right now.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3 (and a half!) and weigh 151lb.

Despite all my efforts to shift lb's over the past 10 months, I have only lost a measly 6lb.

However, my clothes are all a lot looser on me, I have physically lost a lot of weight and am much more toned than before.

Which is what is important, not what the scales read. I might be at my tiniest ever, a UK size 8 - 10 and still weigh 150lb.

Sod the scales, as long as I am happy with what I see in the mirror, that's all that matters :drinker:
  • love99lemon
    love99lemon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    i guess its time to find me a husband to buy me some too!!! hahahaha :)

Girl me too! I'm already barely a B, and they seem to be the first things to go. Damn it! I wish I could afford to buy some new ones myself cause honestly, that'd be motivation enough if I knew I'd actually get them! I want boobs sooo bad! :(

care credit: no interest for a year. most plastic surgeons offices use this. we pay like 250 a month. B(o)(o)M!

LOVE IT! I'm IN! hehehe soon as I reach my goal that is.
  • persistent33
    Options
    bump
  • amandagolden
    amandagolden Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Someone at 5'3" "might" look chunky at 140 but someone 5'9" is gonna be skinny.

:grumble: :angry: :mad: :explode:

Yes, I'm that shorty thats chunky at 141. :sad: I'm 5'1.5. I was 162 last year when I started in January... lost 20 and then took the winter off :embarassed: Now i'm back to defeat the next 20+

:laugh:
    Can I just have your 141 then??? or even your 162????
  • daniivdean
    daniivdean Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump. I'm actually around 155 right now but am aiming for 130-125.
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The "before" picture was me when I started last year at 144lbs. The after is me at 126. I gained 2lbs back over the holidays then decided I really want to lose a bit more. I'm going for 115 with a body fat % of 25 or less. I'm at 127 now, body fat 29%.

PS - I turned 50 in September. If I can do it, you sure can.

20110821160705-1-2.jpg
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3.5"
    In the first picture I was about 140 (maybe 145). In the next I am at my goal weight of 120 and working on toning now

Fat-Copy.jpg

Bikini-1.jpg
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    me around 145 lbs ( i started out at 162lbs)

fatty4.jpg

and now at 128.5

arms7-1.jpg

BIC1-1-1.jpg

bikini-1.jpg

For me personally, I think you look way better at 145. You are thin and fit, and curvy in the right spots, without too much. Just my personal opinion, not trying to criticize or judge.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lucyk00
    Lucyk00 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I really needed to see this today. I've been getting frustrated that I'm not losing anymore, even though I'm doing weights. I *know* muscle weighs more, but it's still discouraging when the scale stops moving.
  • lele104
    lele104 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I started at 142-145 and am down to 136-138 (it fluctuates) but can't wait to keep trekking down to those 120's. It's so wonderful to see the support on here. If I get brave I'll post some pics too...

Good luck everyone!
  • elianexox
    elianexox Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!