BL Blue Team WEEK 9

Replies

• sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Sweets for me is a major trigger food! I know that just a little will throw me off track because I just want more. So, I avoid them at all costs!! If I really must have something, I'll have a serving of special k & milk or a cup of coffee with some delicious vanilla creamer.
  • chrissy - this week I'm gonna really watch what I eat!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    getthin - I know you can do it....how'd yesterday go? :drinker:

I am going to PF Changs tonight with my cancer support group (the Young and the Breastless) - I have planned to eat 1/2 Sweet and Sour chicken and 1 cup of white rice...not the most nutritious but it fits in the day. I don't know their menu and not sure about the steamed dishes, if they actually taste good or not - we'll see. I'll see if I can find a menu online.

lcorrell-that was a tough weekend, stand up brush off, move forward.....look in the mirror and tell yourself that you can say NO and it's ok! Your friends aren't helping you by ordering for you....let them drink it next time-tell them thanks but no thanks. Sometimes our closest friends and family are the worst for us to be around. Maybe set boundaries before you go out-telling them you know what your getting and you are sticking to it. I know it is so hard! My hubby wanted to go out to eat for breakfast and i told him the only place I'd go is IHop - they have a spinach mushroom omlet with 7g fat, 330 calories - I love it. That way I know what I am eating. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Good morning!

My finger hurts... :cry: . I was working on my model car last night (instead of working out) and I sliced my finger open. Serves me right I guess. :laugh: My days have been relatively okay but I reeeeally need to start exercising again. When I do, my nutrition seems to fall right into place because I don't want to negate all that hard work. My goal is to get back to the 5am workouts because I hate working out when my bf's home and awake. I only get to see him for 5min in the morning because he showers and leaves, and if he manages to get home early, at like 6pm, he's passed out by 8. Poor guy! :laugh: So when I do it in the morning while he sleeps, I don't feel like I'm depriving myself of time spent with him. It's just a matter of getting up. My 5am alarm went of this morning and I turned it off. :blushing:

I'm really gonna try to do it when I get home today, because I think he's working late. Then I have to get cracking on my Macroeconomics homework (which I'm kinda doing at work right now :wink: ) and then I have class at 8. I LOVE online schooling. I can sit in my pjs for class. :laugh:

:heart: you guys!
  • RachVR6
    I want...

springsmile.gif
  • sanifrey
    I want...

springsmile.gif

Me too!! Me too!!
  • RachVR6
    Where are you blues? What are you up to today!? :bigsmile:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Im here waiting for my husband to come home. So we can workout before the kids get home. Take a shower and then some friends are going to come over. My personal goal this week is to workout and eat healthy food and not go over my calorie limit. :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    Hey Blue Team!

I took today as a REST. I just really needed it, I think. I've been so tired all day & I just couldn't get myself motivated. I may play around on the Wii Fit, but I'm making no promises! I'm really looking forward to watching the Biggest Loser tonight as well! It really helps to keep me focused!

j_g sounds like you have some great goals this week! :drinker:
  • RachVR6
    Today's not a good day! I was prancing around the house like an idiot, being goofy, and totally sprained my ankle. Now I have a huge egg sticking out the side of my foot and it hurts reeeeally bad!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :ohwell:

I've decided that I'm giving it til next Monday to heal and then I'm P90x'in. I neeeed to COMMIT!!!
  • chrissyh
    rach - you've got a finger sliced and now an ankle - do you need a bubble? :wink: No really hope you feel better!
  • RachVR6
    rach - you've got a finger sliced and now an ankle - do you need a bubble? :wink: No really hope you feel better!

:laugh: The bubble would be nice, but I think I just need some more common sense! :laugh:
  • sanifrey

:laugh: The bubble would be nice, but I think I just need some more common sense! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh, you poor thing!!:laugh:
  • RachVR6
    Ya know, Jillian's talk with that blonde chick last night really struck a chord with me. I've been realizing lately, that I too, seem to be doing this for love and attention from others, that I'm not giving myself. I realize that, but I have no idea how to change it and do this for me. That's the reason I can't seem to stick to it. I just keep giving up on myself before I even give myself a chance. It's almost as if I'm scared to lose that wall I put up between me and everyone else. I can use 'fat' as a reason why I don't socialize and get to know people, but I guess truely I'm afraid of not having that crutch and still not having friends. I pull myself away for fear of rejection. I guess I need to start learning to love myself so that others can love me too.....but I have no clue where to start! :cry:
  • chrissyh
    Rach - that's tough...

For me I love the attention I get from my progress BUT I love how I am making myself feel more! My improved energy from exercising, water and good food really is what keeps me going. I continue to remember back when I ate what I wanted, no exercise, sweet tea all day - I was nauseous, achey, no energy, NO stamina...

now I can keep up with my family when we are out and about - no need to sit because I can't breath, I have lots of energy feel great, and I really feel like my outlook is much more positive. I love what I am doing for myself!

Not sure if this helps...but I know you want it, and I know you can dig deep inside and do it for yourself! All the other is gravy on top of the taters....bad example....All the other is icing on the cake....there I go again...just playing you get the point!
  • RachVR6
    Rach - that's tough...

For me I love the attention I get from my progress BUT I love how I am making myself feel more! My improved energy from exercising, water and good food really is what keeps me going. I continue to remember back when I ate what I wanted, no exercise, sweet tea all day - I was nauseous, achey, no energy, NO stamina...

now I can keep up with my family when we are out and about - no need to sit because I can't breath, I have lots of energy feel great, and I really feel like my outlook is much more positive. I love what I am doing for myself!

Not sure if this helps...but I know you want it, and I know you can dig deep inside and do it for yourself! All the other is gravy on top of the taters....bad example....All the other is icing on the cake....there I go again...just playing you get the point!

:flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Rach, I know how you feel. I don't know why I'm as negative as I am. I do well for a day or 2 and then-PIGOUT on sugar crap. I just can't buy it, for the kids either. Last night was attrotious!!! It's PMS week and I'm up a lot, and I'm teary, and there's no control or willpower. What did Sugar Ray say POWER stood for? Something, WIN EVERY ROUND. I need something to keep me going with the clean eating. I know the rules, nutrition, and all. I just can't stick to it. I chow when I'm depressed, bored, and in the evening. I'm losing motivation in a big way....:cry::cry:
  • RachVR6
    Alright, how many weeks do we have left of this thing? I need to go out with a bang! :wink:
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    I didn't lose this week, but I didn't gain either. :tongue:
    But...
    I went to the doctor's yesterday and I have lost 15 pounds from my visit last year!! :smile:

I would have lost some this week but a snow storm is apparently an excuse to not excercise and eat comfort foods. :ohwell: I WILL do better next week.

My sister started this challenge at the same time and she has lost 13 pounds!! She is an inspiration.
  • RachVR6
    week9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.