So who else is counting through the holiday?

Options

Replies

• jgoatgirl
    jgoatgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging and making good choices. I'm not going to tell myself "no" but I am going to tell myself "less".
  • jtmh2012
    jtmh2012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging, but I'm trying to be reasonable about what I eat. :)
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm logging! No way I'm allowing the holidays to spoil the work I've been putting into this journey!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm logging! I want to see how what/how much I eat will affect my short term fluctuations :) I'm a data geek

This is why I'm doing it. I have a big excel spreadsheet. I already have some missing data from September and it kind of drives me nuts. No more missing data!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I am logging! Went over last night, but hey, I still did so much better than I could have. For me logging is key. I need to stay accountable or I will start slipping into old eating habits.

:smile:
  • montiy
    montiy Posts: 32
    Options
    I tried to not log today but I couldn't help it...I'm addicted.

Same

^ This ^
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yep, i count every taste test, cause im a curious lil thang lolz merry christmas to all of you lovely ppl!!!
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm counting and doing exercise! If I allow myself to slip too badly, I will revert back to my old habits.
  • kstamos27
    Options
    I am! Some say it's the holidays and you should make an exception...not me! I log in every day..if I miss a day, I log in everything from the day before. I can't slip up now..I've come to far and this time of year is especially crucial. If I can get past the temptation of all these delicious holiday foods, then there's nothing I can't do. So far, I've done awesome. Turkey day was a breeze and Christmas is turning out to be great as well. I just don't need that junk anymore. It feels good to have that power and control over your body. :) Happy Holidays,everyone! :)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'll log as best I can, but I find it difficult when someone else does the cooking since I don't know what goes into the food. I'm going to my aunt and uncle's for Christmas dinner today, so my plan is more just to make healthier choices. I had a slice of cheesecake last night, thinking Christmas would be treat time, and then felt ill. Won't be doing that today!
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm logging!!
    I have to hold myself accountable or else I will fall back into old habits and eat 3,000 calories.
  • bigbugboo
    Options
    Not logging, not counting. I'm going to have what I want, when I want it, with no guilt or regret. Then, at midnight on boxing day, the feasting is over, and I'll go back on track. I know I will not undo all the hard work I have achieved so far, in 2 days. Allowing myself a blow out now and again stops me from falling off the wagon, with all it's associated guilt, condemnation and all!
  • keptiva
    Options
    I am!!! I'm allowing for holiday treats as part of my daily totals, so that I can eat the same things as everyone else. I just exercise portion control!! I lost 7 pounds last week!! Its not as hard as I thought it would be!! Today, Christmas day, will be a breeze!!
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping track but I'm letting myself indulge for the day :D
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I gave it my best guess... but it's really hard to know how close it is since I just picked stuff out of the database like "Macaroni and Cheese - Homemade"... "Corn bread stuffing - homemeade" "roasted turkey, meat only" etc. I didn't look at any labels of anything at my sister's house, just guessed when I got home. I just ate small amounts of everything to try everything so whatever I found in the database I gave myself "1 serving".

My guess put me at around 2100 calories.. which is over my limit but not by a whole lot (1870 per day). It may not even be remotely close, but I wasn't going to leave yesterday blank.

Now with leftovers today for lunch, and my traditional chinese dinner tonight (only place open) I might go over again today, but I'm also running 4 miles today so should be OK.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I log all year long and workout so I don't have to log during my Christmas Vacation. That's just me. It's my reward to myself.
    Merry Christmas Everyone.
  • lonelydove04
    Options
    Its better If I do log, that's waht 's going to keep me accountable. Even before I started logging I was OCD about counting, just never actually logged it. By doing this it helps me to actually see what Im eating and is really helpful
  • lonelydove04
    Options
    Logging then going OMG HOW MANY CALORIES????.

Not going to beat myself up though that would take all the fun out of the day. Just burn it all off in the New Year. I already have my excercise plan worked out to start 2012 :wink:
    the first part..LOL!!!! thats how alot of people are probably feeling
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I kinda long, burn don't get to angry with myself for not... I also raised my join from 2 lbs/wk to 1, to make it less stressful!
  • pthomp2268
    Options
    I'm not logging today but I've made appointments for Pilates and training for the rest of my time off. It's great to know I have enough control now so that if I indulge a little today, I know I I'll be totally back on mtrack tomorrow. I don't know that I've ever felt that degree of self assurance before - it feels great.