So who else is counting through the holiday?

Options

Replies

• wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm logging everything but just to see how bad it can get hehehe enjoying all my normal favs and not restricting unfortunately I go crazy for meat so end up feeling full for the whole day after my mountain breakfast, hope everyones enjoying every mouthful on their christmas plates xx
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am logging, which I always do, even on cheat/binge days... But I'm not beating myself up over it. I'll know I'll be over, but it's okay! It could be a LOT worse.
  • skyguy747
    skyguy747 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm logging so that I'm at least conscious of what's going in.

If you're looking for some great Holiday advice, I found this useful:
    http://www.fit2fat2fit.com/2011/12/healthy-holiday-tips-recipes/

Happy Ho Ho!
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am logging everything. Keeping myself accountable, and I have to admit, it is really keeping me from overeating and making wrong choices.
  • MonkeyLover1993XxX
    Options
    :smile: countig but my mum makeing the christmas dinner so im gess counting im under a thousand so even if it wrong im gunna lose hopefully any time to jump on the christmas present just dance 3 to burn the dinner off if i can
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    No way. AND I'm going hog wild. I don't care if I gain 10 pounds this weekend, because I know I'll go back to eating healthy and exercising on Monday.

I didn't lose all of the weight in a day; I won't gain it all back in a day either.
  • veggiegrrll
    Options
    Don't forget that it takes 3,500 excess calories to gain a pound! It helps to put it in perspective. Merry Christmas! :smile:
  • LakesLady
    LakesLady Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to me! Today I start logging and my New Year's resolution is to keep logging. I have type 2 diabetes and congestive heart failure and would love to live to celebrate Christmas next year too. Maybe logging will help me. My heart and diabetic meds create some weight gain so it's a real trick to lose weight and take those meds. I know the real trick is exercise, but with the heart failure, I can't do really strenuous exercise. Your posts are inspiring, so I hope to return every day to this site!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Yea, I still try to stay somewhat within my goals. May go over just a little bit but at least it's not enough for me to ruin anything.
  • yukimiyazawa
    yukimiyazawa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Not logging, not counting. I'm going to have what I want, when I want it, with no guilt or regret. Then, at midnight on boxing day, the feasting is over, and I'll go back on track. I know I will not undo all the hard work I have achieved so far, in 2 days. Allowing myself a blow out now and again stops me from falling off the wagon, with all it's associated guilt, condemnation and all!

This this this.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm counting but not really trying to control myself. It's an interesting experiment. I'm bulking anyway but, wow. It's a good thing I don't make fudge year round.

I could have said the same thing myself!!!!!! I ate too much fudge yesterday and in the week prior ingested too many of the ingredients while making it!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm counting but not really trying to control myself. It's an interesting experiment. I'm bulking anyway but, wow. It's a good thing I don't make fudge year round.

I could have said the same thing myself!!!!!! I ate too much fudge yesterday and in the week prior ingested too many of the ingredients while making it!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Logging, counting, planning and enjoying! Happy and safe Holidays everyone!
  • Echo17121
    Echo17121 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am not logging because it is my rest day and I like to take a mental break from here on those days. I feel like I get to obsessed with counting and today would require me being really obsessive about it and asking people what they put in what. I had a good breakfast, whole wheat pancakes with blueberries, a bit of eggs and bacon, and a slice of toast with blueberry jam. I am going to make my protein shake in a few to fill me up so I am less inclined to eat this afternoon. We only have company over for a few hours so I think I will be alright. Plus I am trying to break a plateau and I think I have been undereating anyway so this might be the push I need. Happy Holidays to everyone! Enjoy!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I just finished logging, and I'm not terribly far over. I am the one cooking so I"m burning off a lot of calories workin' the kitchen today.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I am, but instead of 1300, I'm giving myself grace. Gonna try and stay under 1500, but as long as I'm under the amount needed to maintain, I'm good. I've been really strict about sticking to 1300 net calories for the past few months, so i think giving myself some grace will actually be good for my body, especially since my weight loss has seemed to stall.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm logging but only at the urging of my MFP family. I pre-logged or tried various combinations over the past few days and there is no ham in my house without mass quantities of sodium. I'm coming to terms with that and hoping to not have a horrid sodium hangover tomorrow. Might have to sleep in though because I'm going to be up all night on trips to the bathroom. My water jug isn't going to know what hit it! Still under calories, just worried on the salty part!
  • thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am logging everything. It will help me from getting totally out of control. I am going to eat pretty much what I want, but just small amounts.

I'm doing the same, having extra treats, chocolate, Christmas dinner but being more controlled on the snacking. Have also done my bit of yoga today!
  • JarrodsDad
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all,

Breakfast went a bit high on the calories. We made the wife turkey bacon, quiche, scrambled eggs, small cinnamon raisinbuns and cranberry raisin buns. Coffee and a little margarine and for the buns completed the yum yum..

She loved it all, especially since I was supposed to go to work but got the day off and didn’t tell her. She had planned to get us up at 5 a.m. to open presents, make breakfast and see me off for the day. She got to sleep in instead..

I’m keeping conscious about what I eat today. I will be staying away from the sweets, and logging everything. Letting loose but staying focused.

Water will fill in when the chocolate cravings hit!!

Have a great holiday!!
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Logging and it isn't pretty but it's Christmas and I deserve one day off!!!