SO HOW MANY OF US GAIN WEIGHT OVER CHRISTMAS?

Options

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I don't know yet what the 'damage' was, but I was very happy with the control that I had when it came to dinner. HOWEVER, the frosted sugar cookies kicked my butt! Those are my downfall.

Once a year, I can do this!!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I know I definitely gained.. BUT.. I know that when I go on a "binge" for a week because of vacation or holidays.. the weight comes right back off when I get back on track.

I don't think it's FAT that we gain.. I think it's from not drinking enough water to flush water out therefore we will retain more water, more salt, more sugar, therefore when I get back on track it tends to come off within 2 weeks (the latest).

I don't worry about it!
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I haven't gained or lost in about a month. However, I have gained about 7lbs since my first wedding anniversary, which was November 5th.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Well, considering I gave up trying to lose weight a week or two ago and haven't worked out and snacked on all my baking and then pigged out at two of my three Christmas meals (with one or two more coming up) I'm proud to say I only gained 2 pounds. I have been extremely stressed out so I just decided I was going to give up until the new year to try to lose weight. So 2 pounds really isn't anything when comparing to how bad I've been the last two weeks.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

///I don't think it's FAT that we gain.. ///

I agree. That's probably another reason I'm not too worried about it. I know I haven't been drinking enough water and I've been eating a lot of "heavy" foods so I know once I start drinking water and eating lots of fruits and vegetables I should start feeling better and the weight should come off. Also considering it was only 2 pounds it shouldn't take long.
  • zumbabumba21
    Options
    I've gained back about 6lbs and I was really upset, but I know it'll come off as soon as I can make my own meals at uni again and start walking everywhere/zumba/swimming regularly. I've been doing 30DS so some of the weight might be muscle I dunno. My thighs have got pretty muscley after all.
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Happy to say I gained none, I have been losing slow these past 3 wks anyway, so I ate in moderation, and only indulged for 2 days during that time which also helped. I lost .6 last week, and .6 this week, which is much slower than I had been doing, but at least it was not a gain.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    4lb. Gutting, but sure some of its sodium and once we start behaving again it will drop off. I got back on the wagon yesterday. I decided im not letting it go on until new year and gaining even more... ive had my fun lol xxx
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I also lost...2 pounds...was very happy..but.i continued to log...the best i could....and exercised....also, when I do gain I log it in...i hate to see my ticker number get lower, but if I dont, then im just foolimg myself...stay strong people :bigsmile:
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was at 2 lb for healthy BMI when Christmas dinner came...I had a really great December until I gained 7lb in 24h:grumble: So I am back on control and will start my first MFP challenge in 2 days :drinker:

The point is not to give up...if I gained so much in 24h, let's see how much I can lose in 6 weeks! Let's consider that if I did not allow myself to eat everything I saw during this time, I would not be so motivated to continue at this point. Let's go for a run and get back to good habits. I forgot to mention that it actually discusted me from fat food...I do not effort to avoid junk, my stomach does not tolerate it anymore
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    So far in December I have lost 4.2 lbs. It wasn't really hard to stay on track. I enjoyed some extras but didn't go crazy over indulging.
  • Ratgirl35
    Ratgirl35 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I must admit, the holidays really did me in.. I didn't think I gained as much weight as I did but the scale told me 12 lbs. :noway: I'm thinking the gym's scale had some sort of malfunction and added more weight then normal but.. I guess I need to come back down to reality. It takes me about a month to lose that much weight. I guess a month of eating bad is a month of working my butt off. 5 steps forward and 3 steps back. :grumble: I wont do that again next year. :embarassed:

I might as well enjoy my last holiday weekend and kick back into full gear on Monday. Happy New Year to everyone! :smile:
  • Mission2Me
    Mission2Me Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    kinda sick about it but i lost two pounds the day before Christmas. two days ago i had gained five back ugh.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Do you all log your weight gain or wait til it comes off and then log when you go down a pound.

Raises hand and hangs head...yup...I am up...and yup, I logged it this AM. Sonofa........

I gained 10lbs! Yes I logged it and yes I am working towards getting rid of it again. Gutted!
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    Options
    i gain 1 pound :( but im back on track:heart:
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Not only was it Christmas, but we spent the week before Christmas in Mexico at an all inclusive resort.

However, I weighed myself and SOMEHOW I lost .4lbs!

I worked out while I was in Mexico and during the holidays, but still enjoyed myself and ate/drank what I wanted (to a point).

I found it quite easy to get back into my workout program because I got myself some amazing workout clothes which motivates me for sure.

I think we can all continue into the new year doing an amazing job, whether we gained or not over Christmas. It happens- that's life!
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I've gained back about 6lbs and I was really upset, but I know it'll come off as soon as I can make my own meals at uni again and start walking everywhere/zumba/swimming regularly. I've been doing 30DS so some of the weight might be muscle I dunno. My thighs have got pretty muscley after all.

I haven't gained but expected to have lost a bit since I've upped my exercise regimen. Jillian is kicking my butt every day :wink:
    But I actually didn't lose a single oz. But yes, I am pretty sure it has to do with gaining muscle. I can see and feel it....feels great :-)
    Right after Christmas I had put on 1lbs, but that was gone in no time. Drinking gallons of water really helps.:drinker:
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    My goal was to maintain through the holidays, so I was disappointed to step on the scale this morning and be up 6 pounds. The holidays are ALWAYS hard.

That sounds just likd me. Even the 6 lb gain is the same. I feel really disppointed in myself almost to the point of thinking 'why bother? I'm not really that fat, perhaps I should settle for being this weight,'
    But I know that will be the start of the slippery slope, and each time I go up I'll feel less like bothering with being fit, slim and healthy.
    So I've taken a lose 10lb challenge, had a low calorie breakfast, walked the dog and will try to take one day at a time through the month. I know I've got the will power of a teddy bear, but I'm going to call on all my family and friends for help! Here's to 2012.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I did and I'm okay with it. I'll take it off and I thoroughly enjoyed the holiday season.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Lost 4 lbs for December my goal was to looooosssseeeeee 5lbs. I failed, hahahaha.....