SO HOW MANY OF US GAIN WEIGHT OVER CHRISTMAS?

Options

Replies

• SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I gained 3.5 lbs and as of this morning they are gone!
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    There was one event where I was sick for three days following a massive blood draw (they took one PINT),

I am absolutely not making fun of your medical issues, but cannot not respond: "A pint? That's very nearly an armful!" It's sort of a requirement. :smile:
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Had a gain of 2 lbs total from thanksgiving to new years day.
  • ambut
    ambut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was preparing to eat a lot of Christmas candy and either maintain or gain because I really love chocolate, but I guess that abstaining from most sweets for the last couple of months has made me crave it less. I think I'm used to not having it, and I'm habitually making better choices, so I'm not eating ten pieces of candy after every meal. I still LOVE candy and eat it sometimes, but it doesn't have the same pull on me as it used to...which I'm very happy about! I lost 5 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas, with no sign of delay-onset chubs. If you gained some...remember, you lost it before, and dangit you can lose it again! Drink lots of water and work hard, you can do it!
  • Malani2010
    Options
    I gained about 6 lbs between Christmas and New Years!!! Time to get back into action!!!
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I gained a big ol' 10lbs over the holidays. I'll have that gone by February, mark my words :wink:
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I put on 4 lbs over December and was shocked it wasn't more as I ate a lot and whatever I wanted, I did keep up the exercise throughout though. I won't log the gain, I will wait until I've lost more than the amount I lost before the gain - hoping I will be back to a net loss in a fortnights time.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much, I've been afraid to look, maybe 2-3lbs? Tomorrow I will get real with myself, get on the scale and log it in on here. I've gotten back on track rather quickly so I don't think it will be all that difficult to shed again. Not going to beat myself up over it either. My new jeans are still fitting fine, so all is good!! :wink:
  • vlwallace87
    vlwallace87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I felt like I ate so much over the holidays, but when I got on the scale I realized I hadn't gained any. I am so thankful!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Me! I did! Like you, I lost about 10 lbs leading up to Christmas. Now, I am not sure what the real damage is. I need to get past the water weight and regulate my body again. I am guessing 2 or 3 lbs though. Sigh!

Just wanted to say your avatar made me giggle!

Being antisocial and unemployed for the holidays really helps with avoiding the temptations. Except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve (and one completely inexcusable Five Guys burger I got someone to bring me as takeout), I haven't been around any holiday goodies, otherwise I probably never would have a lost a single pound to begin with.
  • UnderageSweetie
    Options
    I feel the same way lately I've been eating like a pig! But when I stepped on the scale (in which case my scale is the Wii fit plus) and I actually lost almost 10 pounds! I was in complete shock I almost started crying! Even though I didn't gain any weight I think I"m going to stop eating like a pig for a while!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I gain....I'm so sad...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way lately I've been eating like a pig! But when I stepped on the scale (in which case my scale is the Wii fit plus) and I actually lost almost 10 pounds! I was in complete shock I almost started crying! Even though I didn't gain any weight I think I"m going to stop eating like a pig for a while!

Maybe you shocked your body out of its routine.

I was "lucky" enough to have impacted wisdom teeth and surgery throughout the holiday season, so I actually lost weight as well but not by choice. :)
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Do you all log your weight gain or wait til it comes off and then log when you go down a pound.

I don't log the small daily fluctuations because I know that is probably water. But I do log when I go up a few pounds like I did over Christmas week at my daughter's house. That's because I am a visual person, and when I see that line go UP, it makes me mad and gives me the motivation to get it back down.

I have about a net gain of one pound since December 22, but went up and down several pounds!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

Maybe you shocked your body out of its routine.

I was "lucky" enough to have impacted wisdom teeth and surgery throughout the holiday season, so I actually lost weight as well but not by choice. :)

Definitely not a fun way to resist yummy foods. :noway:
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i gained 2 pounds but i dont think it was because of christmas. i didnt have any parties or anything to go to and on christmas day i ate the same serving i would normally eat. i think i gained since i had surgery on the 22nd and cant exercise now.
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I maintained! (So happy!) But to do that, I logged all my food and exercised every day (but I did eat some things I wanted to during the holidays, some cookies etc.)
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I usually maintain at least but, this time I gained 2 lbs :( No big deal though back t healthy eating as of today :)
  • broekjo
    broekjo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I "gained" a couple pounds, but it's likely just water. I'm sure it'll be gone before the end of the week after I'm back on my normal eating routine. I'm not at all concerned.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed but jeans are tighter on the waist so a few pounds at least. I'll do good for the next few weeks and weigh so not to get too discouraged!