EGG--CELLENCE For Easter!! (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    HUge setback today, had a bad asthma attack, was rushed to hospital by ambulance. Now on steroid tablets and 4 hourly nebuliser as well as inhalers. Hoping i don't gain on steroids and i manage to get better and avoid hospital again. Was a scary day!

OMG!!!feel better soon...:flowerforyou:
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited! I would give an exercise challenge but i'm still out of commission.

I think, as women, we tend to take care of our families and leave ourselves for last. So my challenge this week is for you each to do something relaxing for yourself. Maybe a bubblebath, manicure, massage or just curling up for an hour with a good book... just a little something selfish for yourself. Report back and let us know what your indulgence was!

I started a new book, last night. :-)
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    HUge setback today, had a bad asthma attack, was rushed to hospital by ambulance. Now on steroid tablets and 4 hourly nebuliser as well as inhalers. Hoping i don't gain on steroids and i manage to get better and avoid hospital again. Was a scary day!

Wow... I hope you feel much better soon!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options

That sounds horrible! Steroids will make you hungry....be prepared with lots of healthy low cal snacks. I hope you get well soon!
  • Roni_M
    Options
    I'm so excited! I would give an exercise challenge but i'm still out of commission.

I think, as women, we tend to take care of our families and leave ourselves for last. So my challenge this week is for you each to do something relaxing for yourself. Maybe a bubblebath, manicure, massage or just curling up for an hour with a good book... just a little something selfish for yourself. Report back and let us know what your indulgence was!

I started a new book, last night. :-)

I'm planning a bubblebath, with my kindle, in a water proof case of course. Just have to wait until one night my hubby is home... I'm terrified i will get in and not be able to get back out! LOL
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Great job to everyone this week!! We are all still here & we are all still fighting!!

Roni - I LOVE your challange & I accept!! Now.. .. what to do, what to do..... ;o)

The woman with the terrible asthma attach - I'm so very sorry to hear you're not well! Feel better soon, K??!!!

Let's have a great week!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Sailingal: That was a real scary read, I hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
    Asthma attacks are serious business.
    Get well first and don't worry about the weight. :heart:
  • Roni_M
    Options

Thanks so much to all of you who have stuck with it, this far! 51 women have already left. :-( 46 of us are still here. :-) Between us, we have already lost 345.1 lbs!!!! That's not counting, at all, how much those 51 lost before they left. I think our group is doing FANTASTIC!!

345.1....That's pretty impressive! Awesome group loss!! Thanks for organizing such a great challenge =)
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Sailingal: That was a real scary read, I hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:

Thanks for that, and for all those positive comments from others. Doing much better today. Had a check up at the hospital, oxygen sats low but acceptable but been given orders to rest! Have a cub camp that i'm running this weekend. So taking it as easy as i can as a single parent and then will have to learn to delegate at the weekend.
    Thanks!
  • rainas25
    rainas25 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Impressed with how much we've lost and proud of those of us that are still sticking it out! Sailingal-hope you feel better soon! Kristin-thanks as always for taking the time to update the spreadsheet and keep everything organized!
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    I have to preface this by saying that I have NEVER had to use Excel, before I decided to use it for this challenge. Today, I finally realized that I've been STUPID. I have been figuring out all the losses/totals, etc. MYSELF. With a little extra work, initially, Excel would have done it all for me. :/ I've smartened up! The way the numbers show on the chart will look just a hint different next week. You'll understand what's going on, when you see it. :-) I've also decided that if a person doesn't weigh in, other than the first three boxes, their numbers won't be on the chart. So they won't be included in any of the winner categories for that week.

3 1/2 weeks left of this challenge! :-) Now that I've finally found an easier way to do it, I am most likely going to host one more challenge. :-) I hope to reach maintenance during that one...
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    I have to preface this by saying that I have NEVER had to use Excel, before I decided to use it for this challenge. Today, I finally realized that I've been STUPID. I have been figuring out all the losses/totals, etc. MYSELF. With a little extra work, initially, Excel would have done it all for me. :/ I've smartened up! The way the numbers show on the chart will look just a hint different next week. You'll understand what's going on, when you see it. :-) I've also decided that if a person doesn't weigh in, other than the first three boxes, their numbers won't be on the chart. So they won't be included in any of the winner categories for that week.

3 1/2 weeks left of this challenge! :-) Now that I've finally found an easier way to do it, I am most likely going to host one more challenge. :-) I hope to reach maintenance during that one...

P.S. I do need help with one more thing from you Excel experts...

i will for sure join that group!! so please keep me up dated...
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Sample1.jpg

Here is a sample of what our next challenge chart will look like. :smile:

It will start on April 9th and end on July 2nd. It will go for 12 weeks. I'll open it up to the public around March 26th. If you want to be a part of it, just let me know how many lbs you would like to lose during that 12 week period. Also, it just might need a different name. Any ideas? Fantastic on the 4th? Supremely Svelte? Something...
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    congrats to all the losers good job and to any one thats struggling like me.... lets hold hands and pull each other along!!! we can do it!!!
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    kcthatsme-I would like to take part in the next challenge. You can put me down for 12lbs.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Okay I desperately need help...I've been stuck in the 70s now and cannot seem to get beyond that...and I really love the 60s. I can feel comfortable in the 60s. haha..yes lil joke but really I need help. I've tried eating less, eating more, crosstraining, strenght training... Currently I have my calories set at 1420 I generally have an exercise calorie burn on 600-800 I run 3 times a week, cycle about 2 days a week, walk the dogs in the evening, and do p90x with weights or body resistance exercises about 3 times per week in the evenings. I don't really do spike days...I don't really want to go back down to 1200 cals, but will if I must to get something going. I have my activity level at sedentary because I have a desk job but when I'm not there I'm never really sitting down.....okay I think thats about it. Oh my macros I tried 40/30/30 and haven't hit them....I generally stay around 50/30/20 carbs/protein/fat
  • Roni_M
    Options
    Christenehetz -

You are doing an amazing workout schedule! I don't have much to offer by way of suggestion since i'm not nearly at your level of fitness. From some of the stuff i've read, maybe your body needs a rest. Have you tried taking a week off of the heavier workout stuff? I don't know if it will work or not but it sounds like you've tried a lot of different things already.

Kcthatsme -

I'm so in for the next challenge!! If you need help with the excel formulas let me know! All of the cells should be able to function so that all you have to enter is the weight. I'm more than happy to help since you do so much for us hosting these!!!

Sailingal -

So glad you are feeling a little bit better! Take it easy!
  • rainas25
    rainas25 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Kristen-Thanks so much for doing another challenge! I'm in! I'll go for 12 lbs. The new chart is adorable!

Christenehetz-I'm still relatively new to this, but I read the boards a lot. My only advice would be to make sure you're eating enough. You do a lot of exercise...do you eat your exercise calories? Most agree on the boards that you should eat at least half if not all of them. It also looks like from your ticker, that you are close to your goal...I've read on there that the closer you get, you should lower your weekly weight loss goal lower. Maybe try .5 for a while and see if it makes a difference. Are you measuring and taking pictures? The scale might not be moving, but maybe evaluate your progress in different ways. Not sure if any of this helps, but Good luck!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    take care and make sure you do delegate....others can do the "heavy" lifting so to speak...
    denise

Thanks for that, and for all those positive comments from others. Doing much better today. Had a check up at the hospital, oxygen sats low but acceptable but been given orders to rest! Have a cub camp that i'm running this weekend. So taking it as easy as i can as a single parent and then will have to learn to delegate at the weekend.
    Thanks!
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo in for the next challenge round! Thanks so much Kristen! Since it's a 12 week challenge, I'm going to shoot for shedding 30 lbs during the challenge period. Gotta raise my expectations, right? **smiles**