What MFP should ban

Options
Cold_Steel
Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
I am against censorship but I think I would forget that for a moment if mfp banned and removed the following ; Discussions about eating back calories, diet soda, fat people complaining about what other fat people do, people who post topics about complaining about people thinking they are fat when the weigh less than them (get over yourself yes 270 is a huge accomplishment for me but I am still fat ) and the Bacon debate ....Any others ?

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    anything about HCG
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Change "Water intake" to "fluid intake".
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    anything about "my boyfriend calls me fat"
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    attachment.php?attachmentid=10341&d=1287528280&thumb=1
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    No, I disagree. What is boring, discussed too much, controversial to you, etc. may be very important to someone else, especially if they are new here. Everyone needs to start somewhere. And as for the controversial ones, I think they should be discussed so people can learn. Lots of lurkers out there are learning from what is posted here. It's much easier to skip over a topic if you don't want to read it.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories regardless of whether you weigh 120lbs or 200lbs! :noway:
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Change "Water intake" to "fluid intake".

Forget changing the wording just ban it!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    It's a forum, I can only imagine how much work they would have if they tried to police content in such a way. I imagine they already have their hands full trying to keep things within the constructs of the rules that they already have.

I know I do my share to create work for them.

Besides no one forces you to read the threads.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    New posters! Utilize search.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    This place would be so boring if this happened.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    No, I disagree. What is boring, discussed too much, controversial to you, etc. may be very important to someone else, especially if they are new here. Everyone needs to start somewhere. And as for the controversial ones, I think they should be discussed so people can learn. Lots of lurkers out there are learning from what is posted here. It's much easier to skip over a topic if you don't want to read it.

I totally agree with this. Just because those of us that have been around awhile are well-versed in the answers to the questions, doesn't mean newbies are. We are bound to see a big increase in these types of questions in the next month as a lot of new people inevitably join the board. If I'm feeling crabby that day, I just don't open those threads. It's not up to me to be judgmental on what is right to ask. What's common sense to me might not be to others.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    This is probably a sign that you need a new hobby.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    The neverending crush thread
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    New posters! Utilize search.

Old posters! Utilize patience.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options

LMFAO. Carl, this is hilarious!
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    What about the "who's your crush" and all the "flirting" posts.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Complainers. Especially those that complain about the goings-on at a free internet forum.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    People don't learn what's right if they don't start discussing what's wrong.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options

I agree with the above! That's what the Forums are all about. Don't get involved with a topic if it doesn't interest you. Simple as that.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    bahahahahahahahaha!!!