What MFP should ban

Options

Replies

• feliciapeters
    Options
    and since i know this original post was likely meant as a joke we could also ban
    "how do i figure out calories burned for 30 day shred"
    (circuit training btw)
    lol
  • missalicia78
    Options
    Word.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    idk....
    for one, yeah some things get annoying but on the other hand, no one makes you read, its under fun chit chat n games, just avoid that section or just scroll over it.
    also, there are many similar sites out there, maybe you can one that suits you! ;)
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    any discussion that includes the sentance
    MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT
    it DOESNT (for the record)
    a pound is a pound is a pound
    a pound of rocks weighs the same amount of feathers
    theres just a hell of alot more feathers lol

AMEN!!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

AMEN!!!!

amen is not allowed. too religious and what not
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I disagree. It should stay as water. You need 8 glasses of water a day.

Why do people take this as gospel? I question whether there is any scientific basis to this nutritional equivalent of an old wive's tale.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    last thing i promise

Any poster who cant take a joke

we all know newbies need help, we all know theres nothing you shouldnt be able to ask, we all know that each person is on a personal weight loss journey
    we all KNOW this

but you must admit, some days theres seems to be 1000000 post on the exact same subject. make you wonder if anyone even looks at the feed of most recent posts on the side of the screen since someday they ALL seem to be on the exact same topic.

CHILL OUT PEOPLE
    because i dont care WHAT you say, we ALL get occassionally get annoyed with repetitive posting,,,,,,,,,some days more than others
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    last thing i promise

we all know newbies need help, we all know theres nothing you shouldnt be able to ask, we all know that each person is on a personal weight loss journey
    we all KNOW this

but you must admit, some days theres seems to be 1000000 post on the exact same subject. make you wonder if anyone even looks at the feed of most recent posts on the side of the screen since someday they ALL seem to be on the exact same topic.

CHILL OUT PEOPLE
    because i dont care WHAT you say, we ALL get occassionally get annoyed with repetitive posting,,,,,,,,,some days more than others
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options

OK it is more dense than fat, does that make you happy?

I would ban posts where people weigh or talk about thier bowel movements, but other than that I would not ban anything...
  • feliciapeters
    Options

OK it is more dense than fat, does that make you happy?

I would ban posts where people weigh or talk about thier bowel movements, but other than that I would not ban anything...
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    last thing i promise

we all KNOW this

CHILL OUT PEOPLE

Man, I hate when people post the same thing twice in succession....
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Heresy! Poop talk is what makes the world go 'round!
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I disagree. It should stay as water. You need 8 glasses of water a day.

Why do people take this as gospel? I question whether there is any scientific basis to this nutritional equivalent of an old wive's tale.

There is no solid data pointing to 8 glasses of water a day, it is just the ideal recommended. Of course keeping hydrated is a good thing, but then again too much water can be bad for the body (im talking like a massive amount of course). But as far as scientific data, there isn't any solid measures of how much should be consumed.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Heresy! Poop talk is what makes the world go 'round!

And poop can tell you everything about your body. lol. It's a topic a lot of people don't want to talk about but it's very important in the health of your body.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anything since last week. Could it be the dreaded plateau? Or am I building muscle?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    last thing i promise

we all KNOW this

CHILL OUT PEOPLE

Man, I hate when people post the same thing twice in succession....

Yeah or two times in a row too. :angry:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anything since last week. Could it be the dreaded plateau? Or am I building muscle?

depends on several factors. do you use the elliptical or the treadmill? which is better?
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    attachment.php?attachmentid=10341&d=1287528280&thumb=1

:laugh: :sad:
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    People that are Mad that they get deleted!!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree I am a complaining about complaining but I think I am more or less perturbed that it is usually the same people arguing about the same thing multiple times. I really like it when a veteran poster links a thread with the same question. That is so much more helpful than ...two or three keyboard warriors duking it out for net forum dominance.