What MFP should ban

Options

Replies

• dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I don't like the firting or crush posts so I just don't read them. There are a lot of singles on MFP and to ban that would not be right. It is all in good fun.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No, I disagree. What is boring, discussed too much, controversial to you, etc. may be very important to someone else, especially if they are new here. Everyone needs to start somewhere. And as for the controversial ones, I think they should be discussed so people can learn. Lots of lurkers out there are learning from what is posted here. It's much easier to skip over a topic if you don't want to read it.

I agree 100% Just because one person has seen it a million times, doesn't mean everyone has.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything should be "banned..." Sure, you can use the search feature, but there may be some new opinions and research to add to the mix. Even if someone does start the same topic every single day...lol!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Ban "bumps". Man, those annoy me. Just because people are too lazy to bookmark a thread...

Bump...oh, sorry. LOL
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    People who are so freaking serious about a topic that is meant to be fun and playful... HINT, HINT
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Bumps.

^-^

:devil:
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am against censorship but I think I would forget that for a moment if mfp banned and removed the following ; Discussions about eating back calories, diet soda, fat people complaining about what other fat people do, people who post topics about complaining about people thinking they are fat when the weigh less than them (get over yourself yes 270 is a huge accomplishment for me but I am still fat ) and the Bacon debate ....Any others ?

I think that eating back calories is a good idea, but also bad. It is also a valid point to make that diet soda exists. I weigh a certain amount of weight and hate it when people weigh other numbers! I also feel like ranting about how people who think they're not happy with their weight at the moment need to see that weight is just numbers and further, I'm complaining.

Also, bacon.

Did that paragraph give your brain an aneurysm xayekim? Then now you know how we all feel about reading your post.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    No, I disagree. What is boring, discussed too much, controversial to you, etc. may be very important to someone else, especially if they are new here. Everyone needs to start somewhere. And as for the controversial ones, I think they should be discussed so people can learn. Lots of lurkers out there are learning from what is posted here. It's much easier to skip over a topic if you don't want to read it.

I agree with the above! That's what the Forums are all about. Don't get involved with a topic if it doesn't interest you. Simple as that.

Amen.
  • Don26
    Don26 Posts: 46
    Options
    QUOTE:

People come here looking for answers and advise. If you don't like the discussion, you are free not to join in...welcome to America.

You do realize that its not just a US site right? The www=world wide web

Yeah, I know and I knew there would be at least one anal-retentive person with the need to point that out, missing the point entirely.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Easiest solution to all Internet problems and all browsers come equipped with it. :smokin:

back-arrow2.png
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know and I knew there would be at least one anal-retentive person with the need to point that out, missing the point entirely.

So then word it differently.....Panda wasn't being anal retentive only observant
  • 4HealthyMe
    4HealthyMe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    People who are so freaking serious about a topic that is meant to be fun and playful... HINT, HINT

This topic was meant to fun and playful? Really? Maybe his pals know that the OP meant this as a joke or those who are on the forums often know it was.But just wondering how the general reading audience would know that. :huh:
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

People come here looking for answers and advise. If you don't like the discussion, you are free not to join in...welcome to America.

You do realize that its not just a US site right? The www=world wide web

**FACE PALM**

How is it anal-retentive to point out something you've obviously overlooked?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the original version of the movie "The girl with the dragon tattoo" is much better than the version now in the theaters. Rent the original.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    the original version of the movie "The girl with the dragon tattoo" is much better than the version now in the theaters. Rent the original.
    Yes it is and it has nomi in it and nomi is very hot and as she is skandinavian, the whole thing just rolls better ^^... on he other hand, there's MR Bond in the Hollywood version... ^^
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Some people come here for support, to vent, to ask questions, to get advice or opinions from others. Some people may rely heavily on this site for their success or to make them feel like they aren't alone in this battle. Yes there is a search option but not everyone is as experienced or knowledgeable on the fact that this exists. Some may not even understand how to use the option.

A LOT of things in life annoy me. For the most part I just keep going with my life and let it be. This is a forum and although it may be a pet peeve just pass the topics up that you can't imagine wanting to read. You have the right to express your opinion, while others have the right to ask questions or discuss what some of us feel are tired old subjects. I don't feel banning topics would be a good idea. Someone might get very valuable information that you already know.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    any discussion that includes the sentance
    MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT
    it DOESNT (for the record)
    a pound is a pound is a pound
    a pound of rocks weighs the same amount of feathers
    theres just a hell of alot more feathers lol
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    New posters! Utilize search.

Old posters! Utilize patience.

Seriously! New posters probably don't know how to use search. And the search function is pretty useless. It drives *me* nuts and I've been on here for over a year.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    New posters! Utilize search.

Old posters! Utilize patience.
    This ^

Everyone was new to this site at one time or another. I really don't understand why people get their panties in a wad when someone asks a question without first using the search button.
  • TRIMoses59
    TRIMoses59 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is a support system and we learn from each other!