What MFP should ban

Options

Replies

• dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Complainers. Especially those that complain about the goings-on at a free internet forum.

Yep!!!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Whats been up with the hook up/sex posts lately? I just ignore them and don't consider myself a prude, but there seems to be a time and a place and not sure this is it.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I would ban posts where people weigh or talk about thier bowel movements, but other than that I would not ban anything...
    Heresy! Poop talk is what makes the world go 'round!

And poop can tell you everything about your body. lol. It's a topic a lot of people don't want to talk about but it's very important in the health of your body.

Please don't friend me, LOL

But if you want to talk *kitten* ... P M me haha
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Complainers. Especially those that complain about the goings-on at a free internet forum.

Agree! I AVOID annoying negative feeds and focus on positive uplifting ones. :-) To each their own.
    Thank you!
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Ban "bumps". Man, those annoy me. Just because people are too lazy to bookmark a thread...

^this
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    People come here looking for answers and advise. If you don't like the discussion, you are free not to join in...welcome to America.

People who assume we are all in America........
  • fteale
    Options
    And definitely people who can't take a joke.

But that would leave about 20 of us, and that might get dull...........
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    It's a forum, I can only imagine how much work they would have if they tried to police content in such a way. I imagine they already have their hands full trying to keep things within the constructs of the rules that they already have.

I know I do my share to create work for them.

Besides no one forces you to read the threads.
  • krazyforyou
    Options
    It's a forum, I can only imagine how much work they would have if they tried to police content in such a way. I imagine they already have their hands full trying to keep things within the constructs of the rules that they already have.

I know I do my share to create work for them.

Besides no one forces you to read the threads.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    And definitely people who can't take a joke.

But that would leave about 20 of us, and that might get dull...........

I get people who trash my public food diary... at least two or three a week. I find it more amusing than insulting except when they start telling me I am lying and there is no way I eat what I eat and lose weight... or the YOUR NOT DRINKING WATER, or too much of this too much of that... Then I look at their page and I see that they skip meals or ate two big macs and a diet coke. Eh, who cares it is all funny to me !
  • krazyforyou
    Options
    Damn the double posts. So true, no one makes any one read a thread. So if you dont like it dont read it. So thats why Im leaving now.
  • fteale
    Options
    Threads that run to 10+ pages! I don't have the time nor the concentration span to sit through that!
  • caitmcwill
    Options
    TOM posts :indifferent:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    No, I disagree. What is boring, discussed too much, controversial to you, etc. may be very important to someone else, especially if they are new here. Everyone needs to start somewhere. And as for the controversial ones, I think they should be discussed so people can learn. Lots of lurkers out there are learning from what is posted here. It's much easier to skip over a topic if you don't want to read it.

I totally agree with this. Just because those of us that have been around awhile are well-versed in the answers to the questions, doesn't mean newbies are. We are bound to see a big increase in these types of questions in the next month as a lot of new people inevitably join the board. If I'm feeling crabby that day, I just don't open those threads. It's not up to me to be judgmental on what is right to ask. What's common sense to me might not be to others.

Agreed.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    People who are so freaking serious about a topic that is meant to be fun and playful... HINT, HINT

This topic was meant to fun and playful? Really? Maybe his pals know that the OP meant this as a joke or those who are on the forums often know it was.But just wondering how the general reading audience would know that. :huh:

My first clue was the fact that the thread appears under "CHIT CHAT, FUN, AND GAMES." You don't have to be his pal to see that.
  • Cold_Steel
    Options
    People who are so freaking serious about a topic that is meant to be fun and playful... HINT, HINT

This topic was meant to fun and playful? Really? Maybe his pals know that the OP meant this as a joke or those who are on the forums often know it was.But just wondering how the general reading audience would know that. :huh:

My first clue was the fact that the thread appears under "CHIT CHAT, FUN, AND GAMES." You don't have to be his pal to see that.

Ding ding ding ! We have a winner... people can be such a drag... All the comments made me even doubt the original intention of my post and I got all serious face.....
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I think they should ban threads about people trying to ban things
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Ding ding ding ! We have a winner... people can be such a drag... All the comments made me even doubt the original intention of my post and I got all serious face.....
    funny-dog-pictures-at-first-i-was-like-but-then-i-srsd.jpg
  • Cold_Steel
    Options
    I think they should ban threads about people trying to ban things

I agree those guys can be douches.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am shocked at all the 'no free speech' attitudes here....Wowza!