Lose 5 Pounds a Month January 2012 Challenge

Options

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day yesterday. I felt stressed and would find myself in the kitchen eating. I would stop myself only to find myself back in there a few minutes later looking for a snack. Need to fix this bad habbit.

On a positive note I got a 4.4 mile walk in on the treadmill already this morning.

Hope everyone has a successful day. Remember to make it one day at a time.

Terri
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    On day 2 of my soon-to-be triumphant return!! :happy:

I have plans to go walking with a friend at lunch. I have packed a large salad for lunch, as well as a few healthy snacks to get me through the day. I'm drinking my water and my green tea. :drinker:

I have joined a new gym. You pay for a 3-month membership, and they weigh you when you join, then if you lose at least 10 pounds by the end of 3 months, then you get all your money back!! Yes, all of it, so the membership is actually free. I joined with a friend, since we are both motivated by money! Now that the money is spent, we need to work to get it back! :wink:

I am also joining another wellness challenge, called a 10-10-10. You pay $10 to join, and you need to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks. Then everyone who reaches the goal, splits the pot of money.

So, between this 5 lb a month challenge and all my other challenges, I will be kicking some serious butt.

Bring it.
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    On day 2 of my soon-to-be triumphant return!! :happy:

I have plans to go walking with a friend at lunch. I have packed a large salad for lunch, as well as a few healthy snacks to get me through the day. I'm drinking my water and my green tea. :drinker:

I have joined a new gym. You pay for a 3-month membership, and they weigh you when you join, then if you lose at least 10 pounds by the end of 3 months, then you get all your money back!! Yes, all of it, so the membership is actually free. I joined with a friend, since we are both motivated by money! Now that the money is spent, we need to work to get it back! :wink:

I am also joining another wellness challenge, called a 10-10-10. You pay $10 to join, and you need to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks. Then everyone who reaches the goal, splits the pot of money.

So, between this 5 lb a month challenge and all my other challenges, I will be kicking some serious butt.

Bring it.

Nice one :) Love the monetary incentive - sounds great! They have a biggest loser challenge at our gym and I was thinking of signing up for that - don't know what the prize is though - doubt it's all your membership back as it's pretty expensive (I'm a gym snob!!!!)

Glad you're back on track....I'm on day 4 of being back in healthy ways....feels good actually :) You can do it!!
  • emmaa86
    Options
    I'm in!

Weight on 1/1/2012 - 217lbs
  • debtfre12
    debtfre12 Posts: 203
    Options
    Completed all my goals except for one: ate 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter after 9p. Other than that, mission accomplished.

Today is Thursday, and my goals are:

1). Eat up to 1,400 calories
    2). Burn up to 1,000 calories
    3). Continue my 8k Training schedule
    4). Get to bed before midnight
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have reached my first 20 lb loss today so I am excited :)

I started the month at 222

I busted my butt off to reach my goal (being so close is a great motovator)

So I am now 220 lbs

1/1/2012
    1/5/2012

Down 2 lbs
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    312.2 :D
  • tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    count me in!!! :happy:

14260509.png[/url]
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I have reached my first 20 lb loss today so I am excited :)

I started the month at 222

I busted my butt off to reach my goal (being so close is a great motovator)

So I am now 220 lbs

1/1/2012
    1/5/2012

Down 2 lbs

Congrats on losing 20 lbs that's a great loss, and hopefully at least 25 lbs by the end of January :)
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ok, day 2 is nearly under my belt. So far, so good.

I will check in tomorrow, since I need to weigh myself tomorrow morning for my starting weight for my 10-10-10 challenge. I will also be presented with my first major temptation: we have a work sponsored breakfast meeting tomorrow morning. I will stick to eggs, fruit, and green tea. No bread or greasy meats. I promise.
  • I_am_Holly
    Options
    I found you guys!
    Anyhow, I haven't weighed myself since 1/3 which was 210.
    I have to tell you guys, I am exhausted from the exercising. and it's only been a few days! I have to assume that one of these days it'll blend into just being a normal thing and my lazy fat body will adjust.
    I was lucky enough, I think I was lucky anyhow, to get put on a team at The Biggest Loser challenge on MFP. This should make for an bunch of weeks!
    I hope you are all having successes including the NSV kind! Those are the fun ones.
    I'll weigh myself on 1/10 and let's hope that pesky dial has moved!!

exercise.png
  • alexismichelle110
    Options
    Count me in! I just started today so about 6 days behind, but I will definitely join in!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Ok, day 2 is nearly under my belt. So far, so good.

I will check in tomorrow, since I need to weigh myself tomorrow morning for my starting weight for my 10-10-10 challenge. I will also be presented with my first major temptation: we have a work sponsored breakfast meeting tomorrow morning. I will stick to eggs, fruit, and green tea. No bread or greasy meats. I promise.

Way to go great job!! What a good incentive to lose weight getting all your money back
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm BAAAAAACK!!! I won't be able to check in every day as I used to in the past, but I'm going to try to at least get on here weekly to weigh in! I had been stuck at a plateau since last April, so I finally "give up" when the holidays came & I turned 40 as well. So I didn't do too bad...I'm only up a few pounds. I'm leaving for the Caribbean in 3 weeks, so I will have to try my best to lose 5 lbs in 3 weeks! I hope so!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:

SW: 1/5/12 194.0 lbs
  • akirkwood16
    akirkwood16 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Im in starting weight 190lbs...
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

How is your month going? I was going to take the day off from exercise but could not do it so I walked 2.6 miles on the treadmill this morning.

It is Friday and weekends always mess me up. Hopefully this month I can keep up and not destroy my hard work every weekend.

Today's odd diet tip

GET UP! STAND UP! Americans sit 8 percent more than they did in 1980 (who does this research) Studies show that the more time you spend sitting the greater your risk of heart of attack, regardless of how fit you are. And standing for three 10-minute phone calls a day will burn an extra 33 calories. That's 2 pounds gone every year!

So tip of the day get up and stand more.:laugh:

Terri
  • debtfre12
    debtfre12 Posts: 203
    Options
    "I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." ---Helen Keller

With this thought in mind, my Friday goals are:

1. Continue my 8k Training
    2. Burn a minimum of 900 calories
    3. Eat more protein (thanks Succeedin2)
    4. Enjoy quality time with my family

***Completed Thursday's goals except for went over calories a bit (I will do better today).*** Wishing ALL of you a HAPPY FRIDAY and a RELAXING weekend!!!:bigsmile:
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    already lost 2lbs , TG!
  • Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Terri, :smile:

I only joined MFP on Sunday so am new to this and the challenges and how they work.

Say for example at the end of the thord week I have lost 7lbs then in the last week I put on 3lbs taking my weightloss back to 4lbs. As I had at some part of January lost the required month 5lbs does that count as succeeded or is it based on being 5lbs less than the weight you began January at when you weigh yourself at the end of the month?

Good luck reaching your goal. :smile:

Thanks,

Pete
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone its My weigh in day today and On christmas I weighed 170 and at the beginning of the Month My weight was 169.4

Current weight is 167.4

TWO POUNDS!!!! YAY