Lose 5 Pounds a Month January 2012 Challenge

Options

Replies

• I_am_Holly
    Options
    Hey everyone its My weigh in day today and On christmas I weighed 170 and at the beginning of the Month My weight was 169.4

Current weight is 167.4

TWO POUNDS!!!! YAY

YAY YOU!!!! Keep up the good work. AWESOME!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • I_am_Holly
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm just checking in. I binged today; had a little bag of Ruffles potato chips. But.... I am still under my calories, so I am not going to kick myself. They tasted good though.....
    I hope you all are having a good week and have a fun weekend planned!

exercise.png
  • I_am_Holly
    Options
    Good morning all.

How is your month going? I was going to take the day off from exercise but could not do it so I walked 2.6 miles on the treadmill this morning.

It is Friday and weekends always mess me up. Hopefully this month I can keep up and not destroy my hard work every weekend.

Today's odd diet tip

GET UP! STAND UP! Americans sit 8 percent more than they did in 1980 (who does this research) Studies show that the more time you spend sitting the greater your risk of heart of attack, regardless of how fit you are. And standing for three 10-minute phone calls a day will burn an extra 33 calories. That's 2 pounds gone every year!

So tip of the day get up and stand more.:laugh:

Terri

That is a cool statistic about 33 calories during a 10 minute phone call if you're standing! Thanks for sharing.

exercise.png
  • susanmary88
    Options
    Was 152 at beginng of Jan, weighted in today 7th, 150.5, but Ill go with 151 to round up! .. Keeping on track I think :)
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    222 Starting Jan 1st

Weigh in today 218.2

3.8 loss :D
  • LATINAJ
    Options
    I'm in my starting weight is 211, 5 lbs is a start what do I need to do
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Well, my 1st day in, I injure my foot! So, I am waiting a week and then going to do the bike and less impact exercise for another 2 weeks..... almost done with week 1 of no exercise (I am super bummed). I am hoping that I can at least lose SOMETHING when I weigh in Sunday....
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    I'm BAAAAAACK!!! I won't be able to check in every day as I used to in the past, but I'm going to try to at least get on here weekly to weigh in! I had been stuck at a plateau since last April, so I finally "give up" when the holidays came & I turned 40 as well. So I didn't do too bad...I'm only up a few pounds. I'm leaving for the Caribbean in 3 weeks, so I will have to try my best to lose 5 lbs in 3 weeks! I hope so!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:

SW: 1/5/12 194.0 lbs

have a nice vacation
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Although my goal for this month is 15. it has gone from 10 to 20 to 15. I'm committed to 15 but the scale and I are becoming frenemies. I need it to start moving downward. usually I would get discouraged and quit but not this time I'm going to keep pushing and you should too. :)
  • I_am_Holly
    Options
    Although my goal for this month is 15. it has gone from 10 to 20 to 15. I'm committed to 15 but the scale and I are becoming frenemies. I need it to start moving downward. usually I would get discouraged and quit but not this time I'm going to keep pushing and you should too. :)

Good for you!!!! Keep on keepin' on!! We can do this!

exercise.png
  • Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone its My weigh in day today and On christmas I weighed 170 and at the beginning of the Month My weight was 169.4

Current weight is 167.4

TWO POUNDS!!!! YAY

Great stuff! 2 down 3 to go and you still have plenty of time to do it.

Congratulations! :)
  • Pete1471
    Options
    222 Starting Jan 1st

Weigh in today 218.2

3.8 loss :D

Wow your scales are accurate. Mine just does whole pounds. :tongue:

3.8 is superb. Well done!
  • Pete1471
    Options
    I'm in my starting weight is 211, 5 lbs is a start what do I need to do

Simply put lose 5 pounds by the end of the month. I'm sure you will if you keep within your allowances and exercise of you can. Good luck!
  • Pete1471
    Options
    Well, my 1st day in, I injure my foot! So, I am waiting a week and then going to do the bike and less impact exercise for another 2 weeks..... almost done with week 1 of no exercise (I am super bummed). I am hoping that I can at least lose SOMETHING when I weigh in Sunday....

Bummer. I did that and it put me out for months. i hope you aren't as unlucky. Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow
  • lewilinr
    Options
    :happy: I'm in for 5"tting rid of all the Christmas leftovers. Also have 2 others in the house who do not watch what they eat consistantly. I am now at my top weight ever so no more excuses!!!:mad:
  • Pete1471
    Options

Just remember you have control in the war with your scales. You can kill them by taking te batteries out. Then they'll be sorry!

Keep going you have our support.
  • Texasgirl05
    Options
    I'm ready to take this challenge I NEED this challenge!!
  • Pete1471
    Options
    :happy: I'm in for 5"tting rid of all the Christmas leftovers. Also have 2 others in the house who do not watch what they eat consistantly. I am now at my top weight ever so no more excuses!!!:mad:

Great stuff welcome onboard. Try to think of your weight as gravity. Everything that goes up must come down. You are at the peak, your highest so now let the descent begin.

Good luck!
  • nataliemae2011
    nataliemae2011 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    im working on it;)
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I joined my fitness pal on Friday, January 6, 2011; my starting weight is 233 pounds. Please count me in; this challenge of losing 5 pounds a month is what I need to stay motivated. Good Luck all...:happy: