Lose 5 Pounds a Month January 2012 Challenge

Options

Replies

• michelerich77
    michelerich77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Im In, and NEW... 5 lbs for the month! IM GAME! Starting weight is 180... OOH Im excited!:wink:
  • roxy2222
    Options
    I gave up too, but I am willing to try again and hope not to give up! I'm keeping better logs and exercising more!
  • Pinkielee81
    Pinkielee81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in...my starting is 257.0
  • mjm2002
    mjm2002 Posts: 14
    Options
    Im in:) yeah, looking to get a great start on the year with others trying to reach their goals. 202.8

5974.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • roxy2222
    Options
    Count me in

SW :175

Total GW: 125-130 (however long that takes)
  • rozyposie
    Options
    All In, my focus will be tracking everything and working out as much as possible.

SW180

Good luck everyone, we got this!
  • michelerich77
    michelerich77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I already posted.. BUT Im looking for a month of January 5lbs Buddy. Im a married mom of 2, and so yeah not looking for ANYTHING realtionship wise, but somebody who will help me push though the 5lbs! Any takers!:smile:
  • lanniebananie
    lanniebananie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :D

I've been stuck at 160 lbs since holidays started.
  • Kyjrue
    Kyjrue Posts: 1
    Options
    New to site but I'm totally in! Going to gym tomorrow!
  • cadence1024
    Options
    I am so in on this!!!!!!
  • Tabatha819
    Tabatha819 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! 5 pounds you are about to be excused!
  • emmah35
    Options
    Count me in :o)
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

What are your plans for today to make your goal? What is your exercise goal for today?

Plan it so you can do it!

Make it a successful day!

Terri
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I want in. I gained 5 lbs over the holidays GRRRR -- what day is weigh in?

SW: 152.4 :(
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

What are your plans for today to make your goal? What is your exercise goal for today?

Plan it so you can do it!

Make it a successful day!

Terri

Well my peddle broke on my stationary bike this morning, so exercise goals will have to be changed for a while. I was doing so good getting up and riding that dumb bike.
    Plan to log in every day and log my food to the best of my ability. Meaning trying to get accurate amount of serving I eat.
  • aiwich
    aiwich Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    im in! lets do it! :D
  • debtfre12
    debtfre12 Posts: 203
    Options
    My goal for today, Wednesday, January 4th is as follows:

1). drink 16 glasses of water
    2). eat all meals and snacks before 9p
    3). eat up to 1,400 calories
    4). burn at least 900 calories
  • stundenplan
    Options
    New to this site, but already loving the challenge! I'm in!
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hi Terri

On the previous thread you put something about drinking iced water burns calories as your body needs to warm it up. Strangely enough, a friend at work sent me a link today saying that you shouldn't drink cold drinks during or after a meal as it impairs the digestive system and the food goes through without being able to take all the nutrients from it. Their advice is to drink warm drinks or at least room temperature. The link is below. Confusing all this conflicting advice you find everywhere isn't it!!

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/ice-water-and-digestion.html

My main strategy from now on is to just be sensible, allow myself treats within my calories then I don't feel deprived and binge when I do get an opportunity to have a treat and go overboard. Do more exercise that I enjoy - more classes at the gym etc. I started back at Zumba class yesterday and there's another class tonight. And I've ordered Just Dance 3 and Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii as I know I love them, however bad I am at them, and I live alone so no-one will see!!

Cheers,
    Fran
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hi Terri

On the previous thread you put something about drinking iced water burns calories as your body needs to warm it up. Strangely enough, a friend at work sent me a link today saying that you shouldn't drink cold drinks during or after a meal as it impairs the digestive system and the food goes through without being able to take all the nutrients from it. Their advice is to drink warm drinks or at least room temperature. The link is below. Confusing all this conflicting advice you find everywhere isn't it!!

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/ice-water-and-digestion.html

My main strategy from now on is to just be sensible, allow myself treats within my calories then I don't feel deprived and binge when I do get an opportunity to have a treat and go overboard. Do more exercise that I enjoy - more classes at the gym etc. I started back at Zumba class yesterday and there's another class tonight. And I've ordered Just Dance 3 and Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii as I know I love them, however bad I am at them, and I live alone so no-one will see!!

Cheers,
    Fran

I agree there is is tons of conflicting information out there on diet and nutrition. I just pass on some of the more interesting ideas I come across. THey may help someone.