The rudest thing anyone said to you about your weight?

Options

Replies

• david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    I thought the preggo thing only happened in movies or telly :S

I remember back in grade school, some girl got my attention and called me over to her friends and boyfriend, she asked why i was such a lazy P.O.S. and called me fat turd. I think this was 6th grade? I punched her boyfriend and called her miserable trollop. I think that was the first time i punched a dude too.
    I was pretty fat and lazy back then, but still :|
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Someone told me, like a week ago, that I shouldn't wear skinny jeans because my thighs are too big.

I do have big thighs, sure, they only fit into a size 6 jeans or bigger and my waist is a 4. So I have a difficult time finding jeans. but these thighs have pushed me through countless miles on the pavement, through sprints in the grass, through tire flips, 32" box jumps, all forms of squats from body squats to weighted squats, 205# deadlifts, lunges, and more. A lot more than that girl could have ever done or probably ever will do.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Awww... that is just awful!! Yeah, I don't understand why anyone would ask anyone if they are pregnant. I don't ask anyone. Ever. Even if they are about to pop!!! Hahaha...
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    There was this guy I work with that kept saying, "Dont leave that(didnt matter what it was paper, bottle, whatever) in front of him, he'll eat it" Or (this is my favorite you'll see why in a sec) "you need to do something about that fatass, I'm just worried about your health" Well, I lost about 90ish pounds when we had to do a boi-screening for insurance at work. Well this guy sits down at the table I'm at and told the guys that he's screening say he was morbidly obese(he's kind of muscle so he really isnt but....) I was eating my veggies and said, "you need to do something about that fat *kitten*, I'm just worried about your health" I mean you cant pay for chances like that :)

This guy did asked me to play basketball for years trying to get me to just doing something, get working around he would say. I didnt really get bothered by it a lot I got use to that stuff as a kid. So now we talk about workout programs, playing basketball, which I'll never do.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I used to be a competitive gymnast for about 7 -8 years. When growing up i was always extremely thin and extremely muscular. (Im talking 8 pack abs, rock hard thighs) I worked out about 40 hours a week. When i had to quit gymnastics i lost a LARGE majority of my muscle mass. I began to have a bad self image of myself. I kept getting thinner and thinner as i lost muscle and had very low percentage of body fat. Then over the past years that has started to change... i didnt re-gain muscle i just started gaining fat and more fat and more fat. Which led to me being skinny fat. I remember seeing my family for the holidays a few years ago and they all made comments like "Wow, Rain... you've really gained some weight haven't you?" "Wow Rain, You sure have grown up! You look like you've been eating well" And from my mom when i was outside playing with the neices and nephews "WOW RAIN, a little out of practice huh?"

Yeah... :/ I don't think it was intentionally harmful like some of the people who said mean things to y'all. But that *kitten* hurts coming from people who care about you.
  • EnjoyTheSpin
    Options
    "Are you going to have a baby?"
    (I was 120 pounds).. That b*tch
  • BlondeeBombshell
    Options
    one isn't really what they said but i went on a first date and when i was about to order, he actually ordered for me a salad with nothing on it and water.. i was really hurt..

and i got the are you pregnant a few times before i started the weight loss.

But it all made me feel better in the end when i lost it! IN THERE FACES!!
  • BlondeeBombshell
    Options
    she has it coming to her tho.. remember karma....
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Ive gotten the pregnant one about 3-5 times.:( It kills me cause I am sooooooo self conscious anyway. I am an apple shape anyway, small hips and thighs and BIG in the middle. Clothes shopping is terrible difficult. Well, my first baby was nearly 10 pounds and my stomach muscles were (and still are) separated, so my belly hangs out... far. I wear spanks tanks all the time under my shirts, but it really does hang out. I would think I was pg too. Makes me want to cry. DH says when I get to the weight I want, I can have it fixed. Yay!!

I have had "are you pregnant" a couple of times. It's a horrible one that. I wouldn't mind, but one of the people who said that to me wasn't exactly slimJim himself!

I hate it when I go into clothes shops and when trying on clothes I catch the back view of myself in one of the mirrors.

:cry:
  • lelesava
    Options
    My mom told me that it was too bad that my arms didn't hang down properly at my sides... that they kind of fan away from my body. C'mon, Mom! So, a little self conscious now about something that I didn't initially notice. :-P
  • yummymommyvt
    yummymommyvt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think the worst one I ever got was when I was going out on the ice where we were fishing ( mind you there were trucks out on the ice too) some one said " Maybe you shouldn't go out there. We don't want you to fall through". I was only around 170lb then too.
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law has given me diet pills, Sensa, and diet books. :) Just like... "hey, I'm done with these ... you can have them." She probably weighs 90lbs soaking wet and is constantly dieting. My daughter told me the other day that maybe I have a new baby in my belly. OK - time to do something about it LOL
  • jogdog
    jogdog Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It wasn't so much what people said, it was how they looked at me... that part was the worst because their face, expression, and eyes said way more than what they would probably say.

I saw someone I had considered a good friend when we were younger and deciced to go over to say hi and I could see she was looking at me saying do I know you? Then I said who I was she responded with, "Oh ****! I didn't realize it was you under all that fat you've put on. Looks like something stung you and you had an allergic reaction. You're not pregnant or anything are you? I would hate to call a pregnant woman fat you know."

I looked at her and told her she was a ***** and walked away. I left my shopping cart in a different aisle and just walked out the store, went to my car and cried...

I was not pregnant, I was not having an allergic reaction, and yes I was puffy on the outside, but how many different ways can you offend someone in one small convo?
  • WTF7
    WTF7 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    After completing a 1/2 in line marathon - my much thinner friends- and I were celebrating our accomplishment at a local pub and when someone aksed what we were celebrating, I told her. This beeotch looked me up and down for a moment with a look of disbelief on her face and said "really? You finished?" Not only did I finish- I was in the top 50% of my age bracket you nim-wit!
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    one isn't really what they said but i went on a first date and when i was about to order, he actually ordered for me a salad with nothing on it and water.. i was really hurt..

and i got the are you pregnant a few times before i started the weight loss.

But it all made me feel better in the end when i lost it! IN THERE FACES!!

I would have said "Are you sure you can eat that whole salad? Obliviously like I thought he ordered it for himself, then I would have ordered the biggest steak on the menu with potatoes on the side just to show him I didn't give a **** what he thought!". lol. That is SO rude when people who don't know you order your food for you! Or I would have asked for the check right there. What a way to ruin a date!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I remember riding in the car w/ my ex. He saw this girl with a really nice figure walking past and he commented. I, was put off, of course, and I got miffy about his comment. He replied that I was prettier, but a pretty face only goes so far.

I won't say this comment was rude, but more of a reality slap, lol. Weight issues run in my family. I was looking for a nice pair of jeans and wearing my mom's patience thin (I must have been like 28 at the time, lol) and after the 10th pair and asking if my butt looked big in them, she replied, "You know, if your butt is big, no matter what pair you wear, your butt will be big. I think they all looked nice on you. That was her way of saying, Work what you got! She was soooo right, I miss her so!!
  • samantha0176
    samantha0176 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    my little cousin (he is not little anymore) said to me" go call 1800 jenny instead of bugging us" he was about 10 at the time...LOL ...well i did just that !! that was 10 yrs ago..i did lose about 10lb before getting pregnant with my first ds...i still guilt trip him on this comment....

shorty after that i was at a wedding and people i have not seen for few years kept on looking at me and asking if i was pregnant...( i was always skinny but after finishing uni and getting married i gained 25lb)...

i didnt need to hear more, i started my weight loss journey right after...
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the only thing worse then being asked if you are pregnant by a total stranger, is being asked if you are pregnant by your Uncle who happens to be an OBGYN!!!!!!!!! I was mortified......I replied...no, just fat....and ever since that day, I vowed I would lose the weight! When I have a day where I start feeling down about myself and thinking this is so hard to lose it, I just think of that comment and it keeps my eyes on the prize! I am 2 pounds away from have an Obese BMI to an Overweight BMI.....Imagine that I am THRILLED to be in the Overweight category!

What's funny is I had to get to the size where that comment was made before I changed my ways! Even when I was in high school, I was bigger then most girls. Not morbidly obese, but overweight for sure. I was a 12 at about 165-170 pounds and I was babysitting my mother's friend's son who was 7. I was playing video games with him when he looked down at my legs and said "Kristine, your legs need to go on a diet"...Thanks Stephen, I will take that into consideration....but I didn't....

Then earlier this year from Emma, my girlfriends 5 year old.."Miss Kristine, why are you so fat?....as she thinks to herself then says like she JUST remembered this.....oh nevermins, that's the way God made you".....so I told her, Emma, GOD did not make me this way! I MADE ME THIS WAY! This is exactly why you need to eat your vegetables and fruits and not eat junk food or McDonalds all the time!

Kids are SOOOO Honest! They have almost NO filter. If you want an honest answer, walk up to a 6 or 7 year old and say, how do I look? They will tell you whatever they think! Just don't take it personally if the truth hurts...lol

I think most of my horror stories are from children making comments more then adults....
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Someone told me, like a week ago, that I shouldn't wear skinny jeans because my thighs are too big.

I do have big thighs, sure, they only fit into a size 6 jeans or bigger and my waist is a 4. So I have a difficult time finding jeans. but these thighs have pushed me through countless miles on the pavement, through sprints in the grass, through tire flips, 32" box jumps, all forms of squats from body squats to weighted squats, 205# deadlifts, lunges, and more. A lot more than that girl could have ever done or probably ever will do.

That is crazy. A size 6 is small?
  • miw14
    miw14 Posts: 43
    Options
    I've been told many rude things about my weight, but luckily I don't remember the rudest thing that someone has said about my weight. Comments about my weight always hurt the most when they came from the people I'm closest with.