The rudest thing anyone said to you about your weight?

Options

Replies

• disciplineisgood
    disciplineisgood Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Find him and make sure he sees you in the sexiest outfit you have!
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My husband told me last night that I shouldn't wear flannel pajamas because they are not sexy and I need all the help I can get. He said he was just joking but he made me cry. That *kitten*!!!!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    "Sorry - I just don't find you as attractive as you used to be ..."
    My wife told me this very thing.

AND I THANK HER FOR IT!
    I didn't blame, snivel or make demands. It's just the truth. Fat makes us unattractive, but to hear it spoken out loud crumbled any kernal of denial that I was - as I like to say, "carrying it well"...lol
    No, I was not carrying anything but a tub of lard that made me loathsome to look upon.

That's a huge motivator.
    When sexual attraction evaporates, love goes out the window.
    I would not have blamed her had she cheated on me, yet I am thankful she did not. Eventually, she would have divorced me I know. People should not be expected to just accept what is ugly to them.

Wow, that hurt hearing her say that - so much!
    I felt like dying; however, once past the shock, I got to work.
    And today? It's BACK ON!

Big Time!

I'm trying to gently explain this to my boyfriend. Sex has definitely improved since I have lost weight and so far all I have managed is "Wow! Imagine how awesome sex is going to be when we are both in better shape!" I don't have the heart to tell him that his weight is a problem for me in the bedroom.
    It's so hard to have to say it. I am thankful my wife did as hurtful as it was.

And if the shoe was on the other foot, I say it to her in a heartbeat. And I'd leave the marriage if she decided to remain fat.

Welcome to reality.
  • thunderlight7
    Options
    1. "Word from the wise-Do some sit ups."
    2. "Hey BIG MAN!!!!!!!"
    3."I sure hope I have enough to feed you."
    4. "Are you going to eat all of that?"
    5. "How much do you weigh now?"
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Got a new one... this just happened yesterday. I was running and I saw a car start backing out of a driveway and the driver was NOT paying attention at all. I stopped (if I had gone on she would have hit me, no question), and she rolled down her window and said sarcastically "Oh, so sorry!" I said "That's why you look!" she said "Shut up you fat b*tch". I told her she needed to run more than I did and she was welcome to join me. She was bigger than me by quite a bit. She started yelling some obscinities, I rolled my eyes and just went on my way.

She must have been jealous becasue on that same run I had two seperate cars of guys honk/ wolf whistle after that LOL Totally helped my self esteem.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant???? GRRRRRRRRRR!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    A co-worker used to say, like a mantra, "You used to be so thin".
  • PurelyTheRealMe
    Options
    When I went into an Aeropostale, a woman who was working there (probably about 35 and a little heavy) came up to me as soon as I set foot in the store. She said "We carry big sizes in the back, so if you want anything you're going to have to ask for it".
    I thought I would die. Worst part? I actually DID fit the sizes on the sales floor.
    I should have asked for a manager, but I was so humiliated that I just left.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    When I went into an Aeropostale, a woman who was working there (probably about 35 and a little heavy) came up to me as soon as I set foot in the store. She said "We carry big sizes in the back, so if you want anything you're going to have to ask for it".
    I thought I would die. Worst part? I actually DID fit the sizes on the sales floor.

Aeropostale and a few other stores like that purposefully are rude to people who are bigger and/ or they feel are unattractive. They don't want you to wear their clothes.
  • nyprdiva
    nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    "Are you going to have a baby?"
    (I was 120 pounds).. That b*tch

Twice in one day some one said that to me. The worst time of it happened when i was flying back home from a business trip and the TSA agent pulled me out of line and said she couldn't let me go through the body scanner because I was pregnant. :-(
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I think the most hurtful thing was when a guy friend (whom I was head over heels for) told me he would have dated me if I was thinner...The funny thing is now, hes married to someone is actually a bit bigger then I was..
  • nyprdiva
    nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I regularly get "interesting" comments from my father. Even when i was smaller and a competitive gymnast he had something to say about my weight. I am a stockier stronger build (thing Shawn Johnson, the American gymnast) so I was always a little bigger than others on my team. Now as an adult, he keeps mentioning Nutrisystem deals he sees at Costco or comments on Jennifer Hudson looking so pretty now that she's not fat with those stupid Weight Watcher commercials (what makes me laugh the most about those is that she won all her awards and was on the cover of American Vogue pre-skinniness...not much since).

I've been fortunate to have a bf who loves me no matter my size but has been willing to help me on my quest.

Stay positive.
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had found out that a friend of mine's mother said I was "big". At the time, my friend and I were 11, she was 4 inches shorter than me, weighed 60 pounds. I was (I think?) 5'3" and weighed around 120, but with quite a nice amount of muscle. :(
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    While I was in early pregnancy I got lots of comments about how swollen I must have been in my ankles. The sad thing is I WASNT swollen, my ankles were their normal pre-pregnant size :/ I always felt I had nice looking ankles but once anyone knew I was pregnant it was like I was open to criticism about normal pregnancy woes.

When I was 6 weeks pregnant my roommate said, "Wow you're already showing!! How sweet!"

I didn't start showing until I was 18 weeks pregnant...

I've only heard comments while pregnant. I never had any issues with my weight until pregnancy and now, 10 weeks postpartum.
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was asked by my manager to order a larger size scrub since the other ones were getting tight. I felt horrible but what was worse the larger scrubs were to big, so he should of stayed out of my business and let me do the asking for scrubs. Don't you just hate being between sizes?
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Worse thing said to me was at a chiropractors office and the dr. said its like putting 2 tons in a 2 ton truck....needless to say I never went back....and yet another was you could be so pretty if you werent so fat...Im glad to say the person that said that is twice my size now...just like they say what goes around comes around..
  • jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My husband once told me that" it looked like i had 4 butt cheeks" in some shorts i was wearing... That wasnt a good night for him :) .. and once i started losing weight and really working out, he told me " I was worried that when you started losing all that weight, that you would lose your butt... but its fine still" ... he likes a big butt on a woman so he thought that was a compliment... MEN ARE STUPID SOMETIMES! he should be glad i love him so much :)
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Aeropostale and a few other stores like that purposefully are rude to people who are bigger and/ or they feel are unattractive. They don't want you to wear their clothes.

I agree a lot of stores do that, unless you are their perfect body size
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Mine was about 7 months ago when my boyfriend told me that we hadn't had sex in a while because he just wasn't phsyically attracted to me anymore... It was definitely hurtful, but it opened my eyes to who I was letting myself become.
  • WKenL
    WKenL Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My ex-wife sang a little ditty:

"Butterball, butterball,
    Daddy is a butterball,
    Yellow rolls of far and all,
    Oh, Daddy is a butterball."

... teaching my then-5 and -7 year-old sons to sing along. (I was wearing a yellow shirt, thus the yellow rolls of fat.)

Easily the worst thing anyone's said.