The rudest thing anyone said to you about your weight?

Options

Replies

• ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Reading all of these makes me feel better and a little less alone. I have been overweight since i was 4. In school I was teased several times every day. Children are cruel. It wasn't just the weight though. I was never taught to take care of myself in any way, my clothes were not clean, and I rarely bathed. As far as personal care, i really had a poor example. So other children would routinely push each other into me and the child who touched me would flip out, yelling "Gross! Im going to get a disease!" I had children tell me to go on Weight Watchers. I had children grabbing the table as I walked by and pretending like the ground was shaking. This continued until high school when I finally was old enough to know the importance of showering and wearing clean clothes and I lost some weight.

As an adult I have put more weight on but really didn't get teased too much by other adults. Kids sometimes say things out of curiosity "You have jiggly arms like my mom" sticks out. lol. I did have a guy in the store address my daughter and say "I bet you cant wait for your brother or sister to come" when I wasnt pregnant but that is really about it I think.
  • TiffanyDeanee
    Options
    This is what happened to me and a friend this summer.
    So my friend and I were walking down the street about to head into the Bread Company when this random guy walks up to us and says to me " Put your face on your friend's body and ya'll would be the perfect woman." Never in my life have I ever heard a dis to two people in one sentence. And the crazy thing is I think he thought he was giving us a compliment.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    This is what happened to me and a friend this summer.
    So my friend and I were walking down the street about to head into the Bread Company when this random guy walks up to us and says to me " Put your face on your friend's body and ya'll would be the perfect woman." Never in my life have I ever heard a dis to two people in one sentence. And the crazy thing is I think he thought he was giving us a compliment.

Should have told him to take his ADhD medicine next time before attempting to talk to strangers!

<---- is ADhD, so I'm allowed to make fun! Sometimes we really should have our license to talk revoked...
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I ran into my hairstylist a little over a month after having my first baby and she said "HOLY COW! When are you going to pop?" I had seen her a month before giving birth and was at least 40 pounds lighter the day that I ran into her.

A co-worker of mine once said to me "if you were skinny and had a nice body, would you be a stripper?" ummm What are you trying to say chick? I was about 145 and I am 5"3.5 so I wasn't even that much "overweight". My boyfriend (now husband ;-) ) and I had split up a short while later and I had lost a bunch of weight. She wasn't a co-worker anymore and I ran into her at the bar and she says "Oh MY GOSH! Are you ok? Are you sick? You look so unhealthy!" I was damned if I do and damned if I don't with her I guess. I was never meant to be a stripper. Aw shucks... haha
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    One time I was getting gas at a local gas station and a guy I'd gone to school with as a teenager was working the register. When I walked in, he just said, "Wow, you've really let yourself go, haven't you?" and I just stood in stunned silence. Rude!
  • camillehardeman
    Options
    I had someone ask me when I was due. For the record i'm 5'6/129lbs, I wear a size 3 pants.....some people are idiots! You should never ever say that to anyone regardless of their size unless you are ABSOLUTELY SURE they are pregnant!

It makes me sad reading all these terribly mean things people have said to you guys. You are all so much better than that, don't let it get you down.
  • purseus
    purseus Posts: 54
    Options
    I think anyone who judges someone by the way they look is a douche bag
  • ♥Lexi♥
    Options
    I gained weight, but still was considered in my healthy weight range....

I have two:
    1- "Look at you gaining all that weight. You're not even married yet!"
    2- "Congratulations on your pregnancy! Everyone already knows, and have been talking... thought I'd let you know."
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I can remember when I was younger and weighed 125 pounds( normal weight for my height) being described by a boy as "the heavyset girl". It crushed me and led me to believe I was fat when I was not. I was always very self concious about my body and my weight.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I haven't really been mocked much for being fat. Most of the mocking happened when I was younger and was super skinny. I'd get things like "You're anorexic." "You must never eat." "Crackhead" etc. None of which was true, I was just one of those exceptionally thin teenagers. Metabolism didn't last though, eventually my eating caught up with me. About two-three months before I graduated high school my mother informed me that I looked pregnant. I was about 5'3" and 135lbs. I was furious. I left her house and went home and didn't talk to her until graduation.

A few years ago a coworker who'd transferred to another store asked me how far along I was. I was wearing an empire waisted top. I literally stopped in my tracks and looked at her and told her through gritted teeth I was not pregnant and she hardly had room to comment on another woman's weight(she was pretty obese). Her jaw dropped before I turned away and walked off. Hey, she started it and I refuse to be bullied. We also lived in a house with a bunch of roommates and I overheard them all calling me a "Fat stupid b%^&*" after I asked them to keep it down one night because I worked early the next morning. Instead of going down there and slapping the fat jerk(why is it always the really fat ones who made fun of me?!) I did something slightly more mature. I locked them in the basement. It took their drunk *kitten* an hour to remember there was a door leading outside in the basement. It was totally worth the loss of sleep that night. hahah.
  • heronlover
    heronlover Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When my youngest son was a newborn, we were on our way out somewhere, and I was carrying him out to the car. My next door neighbor (elderly man) asked to see the baby. When he walked over, he made a comment about not knowing I had had the baby and that they thought I was still pregnant (he thought I still looked pregnant). I remember being so offended and hurt. I have been overweight most of my adult life, and I make it a practice never to comment on a stranger's weight.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heronlover
    heronlover Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I thought of another one, too. My brother said to me, "you have such a pretty face, but guys don't like fat chicks". Thank God my husband thought differently. We've been together 23 years and married for 22.
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    So many but the two that sticks the most was from my mum when I was about 8 or 9 who said I looked disgusting and I was going to explode. The other one was from my dad a few years a go, who has never been apart of my regular life and 1 year after last seeing me told me (as I'm a chef) not to eat the customers food.
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a guy to set you up with. He's let himself go too.
  • lonewolf620
    Options
    I've always had an issue with my self esteem when it's come to weight. It was worse when I was younger and I was a competitive ice skater.

I was anorexic and the other upper level skaters would get a rise out of making comments about my jumps. "Maybe if you lost more you'd nail your triple salchow." My mom would berate me if I went for a second helping of green beans or crackers or even nibbling on one single potato chip! I ended up going bulimic at that point. Now 6 years later I've learned to tune them out and accept myself as I am (though I'm on here just to lose the few pounds I gained during the holidays- easily done) and do my own thing (hence the lone wolf username that I have).

I also don't ice skate competitively anymore so that's a plus.
  • sajai
    sajai Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i'm f
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I wasn't.

I got that one too
  • sajai
    sajai Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I went to a psychiatrist about some severe depression I was having, and I told her I wanted a weight neutral drug if she was going to prescribe one because a drug that made me gain weight would just depress me more. She told me, "Then go get bariatric surgery, and you won't be depressed anymore." Seriously? >.<

that's horrible and the sad part is there is a lot of doctors that are like that. Every time I ended up in the hospital for mental illness the doctors would always be focused on my weight instead of why I was actually in the hospital. I still haven't found a good doctor who wont focus on what i'm there for.

Same here. Everytime I go to a Doctor with some illness, they would just end up saying that it is because I am overweight if they can't diagnose what's really wrong!!

i'm fat and in the medical field, and to be completely honest, most fat people are completely in denial about how their weight affects their health. i wouldn't be far off if i said that more than most of the time your health problems are actually related to your weight, either as cause or effect.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Ive gotten the pregnant one about 3-5 times.:( It kills me cause I am sooooooo self conscious anyway. I am an apple shape anyway, small hips and thighs and BIG in the middle. Clothes shopping is terrible difficult. Well, my first baby was nearly 10 pounds and my stomach muscles were (and still are) separated, so my belly hangs out... far. I wear spanks tanks all the time under my shirts, but it really does hang out. I would think I was pg too. Makes me want to cry. DH says when I get to the weight I want, I can have it fixed. Yay!!