The rudest thing anyone said to you about your weight?

Options

Replies

• neveahnadira
    Options
    My ex dumped me because I'm fat. You can imagine how it could break one's confidence and self esteem. It was the most painful one for me.

Are you serious?? what an AssH**e!!!

Yup, But it kinda jump started my weightloss journey. I dropped nearly half the amount of weight I want to and I ran into him recently. His reaction?? His jaws hit the floor and he said "You look really pretty". He's been texting and I ignoring..lol.Revenge is the best dish served!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My doctor said to me, "You're overweight, do you exercise at all?" I said "Yeah I go to the gym 5 days a week and several times a day between mon to fri". His response was "Well whatever you do, DON'T stop going, or you'll get EVEN FATTER."

He didn't even bother to talk to me about my exercise or what I was eating. This was totally irresponsible.

xx
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Sort of, "reverse", but I had an ex-boyfriend tell me "wow, you look really different, have you been working out more?" when I really hadn't -- apparently I looked even worse before? I might have been being to sensitive, but HEY! He shouldn't be commenting on my weight anyay.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This one is funny! My roommate, who has never been overweight and probably never weighed over 100lbs in her life (she is a tiny little thing), was at a restaurant with my parents and I and the waitress came up to her and said - "Wow, you look really familiar! But have you lost a TON of weight??" It was hysterical. :laugh:
  • Goldenbast
    Goldenbast Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I had some snotty college age guys walk by me in the store parking lot..I had an apple in my mouth as I was loading the car up on groceries when they started laughing about "the luau pig". They started laughing even more when said apple brained the joker in the back of the head. :)

My personal favorite response to any jokes about being overweight is:

"I may be fat, but your ugly...and I can diet." :)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Not rude but hurtful.
    My wife confessed that I was just no longer attractive to her.
    But she loved me...:huh:

That is what got me off my fat butt and in the gym and pushing away from the table.

Had I chosen to remain fat, our marriage would not have survived.
    She's very fit and that after having 5 of my kids, so there was no making excuses around her. If anybody had a right to bloat up like a blimp, it was her!
    But no.
    After each kid, she'd buckle down, lose the fat and get back in peak condition. And the guy she married was in peak condition: ME, but after an accident, I ballooned 75 lbs, and let's face facts.
    Fat is just UNATTRACTIVE!
    I lost the weight and won back her affections. Today, I've set newer and even higher goals - FOR MYSELF!

It is nice to have a passionate relationship once again, and it also is wonderful feeling great, looking good and being healthy.

My whole life is transformed.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Not rude but hurtful.
    My wife confessed that I was just no longer attractive to her.
    But she loved me...:huh:

That is what got me off my fat butt and in the gym and pushing away from the table.

Had I chosen to remain fat, our marriage would not have survived.
    She's very fit and that after having 5 of my kids, so there was no making excuses around her. If anybody had a right to bloat up like a blimp, it was her!
    But no.
    After each kid, she'd buckle down, lose the fat and get back in peak condition. And the guy she married was in peak condition: ME, but after an accident, I ballooned 75 lbs, and let's face facts.
    Fat is just UNATTRACTIVE!
    I lost the weight and won back her affections. Today, I've set newer and even higher goals - FOR MYSELF!

It is nice to have a passionate relationship once again, and it also is wonderful feeling great, looking good and being healthy.

My whole life is transformed.

Yeah I'm 3 stone heavier than my boyfriend. This situation feels pretty familiar, but I'm working on it.

Thanks for sharing, and well done xx
  • magikfairygirl
    Options
    I had a doctor like this once. He almost cost me the ability to walk because every time I went to him he would say nothing was wrong I was fat that was all and if I wanted to feel better all I had to do was push myself away from the table!. After two years of this, I had to be rushed into emergency to put my hip back where it belonged and the emergency doctor warned that I may never walk again because the problem had been left untreated for so long.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My now sister-in-law (SIL) is a total brat. I was over at her and my brothers new house one day and I was sitting in a recliner in their basement. There was a large entertainment center behind the chair and it wouldn't let me recline. I was fine with it, but the SIL insisted that my brother either move the entertainment center or the chair I was in so I could recline. Well my brother came over and moved the entertainment center and she blurts out " Oh, well. That must say something about you're weight Mel. He would rather move that huge entertainment center than you. hahaha" What gets me is that the entertainment center was on wheels and she was bigger than me! I will show her! She gained weight since then and I have lost! So there! :tongue:
  • almawr
    almawr Posts: 77
    Options
    There wont be enough material to make that dress - i was 14. Still burns
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 350 lbs. I ran into a old high school classmate. He said, "Is that you in there."
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    When I was out walking to a bar with a few of my friends and my girlfriend at the time. Two girls popped their heads up out of a sunroof on a limo and yelled, "hey fatty." a few times.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Nice teenager at the till of the supermarket:
    "You should go before me (smiling), in your condition you should not wait standing in a queue" (ie meaning pregnant)

Heuuuuu.... wait...... what?
    Right ok, might have save me 10min but I will always remember how awful I was feeling.
    When I first began getting fat, like most guys in denial, I was stuffing the lard in jeans to drool over the sides and protrude out front like a 7th month pregnancy.

After a comment from a friend, I just stopped wearing jeans...lol
    It was the jeans that were the problem:laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, I used these incidents as motivators.
    That is why we're all here, and the world is cruel.

That's reality.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Well I am anorexic and I just got out of the hospital and was back at work and one of my co workers(who is a nurse mind you) said YOUARE EATING AGAIN..You are going to get huge...thanks..didnt eat the rest of that day or the next. People dont think before they speak. People will ask me what I weigh(I cant go back to work full time until my weight is up to a safe number) but really? Do I ask you how much you weigh?

Back in high scholl before this all started my coach said I could prob run faster if I lost some weight...so I did...and did..just never stopped..
  • CBranson0503
    Options
    the rudest thing ever said about my weight, was not said directly to me. It was said to my husband. My mother today him on our wedding day, that I would always be a big a girl. I am 5'5" and was 137 lbs at the time she said this. Glad I didn't hear about her saying it until after the wedding.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im sure rude things have been said to me about my weight,but I didnt care then and dont care now so nothing really stands out
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Nothing really rude just comments. Had the "are you pregnant" comments a number of times and my parents used to always comment on what I ate, "do you really need that peice of bread with dinner", "are you really going to drink another can of coke". Yes!! The more they would comment, the more I wanted to show them that I could eat what I wanted!

Now they say I'm too thin. Lol. Can't win!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    When I look at your double chin it makes me want to vomit.

Yeah, they suck...but ignorant people like that just make people like me stronger!
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    In 2003, my now ex husband, on my birthday, told me he was no longer attracted to me and moved out. LMAO Best F'ing thing that ever happened to me, though at the time I was a mess. I was more upset about the "no longer attracted to you comment" then him leaving, since he was cheating on me. :grumble: But hey, everything happens for a reason, and I'm finally happy! :bigsmile:
  • marthafox1
    marthafox1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Shortly after reaching my goal weight a 'friend' asked me if I wanted to join Weightwatchers with them FFS!! I was crestfallen! Oddly enough, I haven't seen her for a while - I wonder how her weight loss is going....