The rudest thing anyone said to you about your weight?

Options

Replies

• skinnydreams165
    skinnydreams165 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I wasn't.

LOL I'm not laughing at you by any means, I am laughing b/c someone just did that to me the other day. I had to laugh in order to keep from punching them in the face and crying after that
  • marketThis2
    marketThis2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My sister was talking about having babies while we were in the dressing room trying on clothes. I was standing in front of a 360 mirror with just my bra and underwear about ready to put on a dress when she reached her arms around my waist and grabbed my lower tummy and said "Well at least I won't have to worry about maternity clothes, I'll just borrow yours!"

That specific day was my encouragement to put down the Big Mac and shove a carrot stick in my mouth instead.

17lbs later and still going strong.
  • odditblue
    odditblue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My grandmother bought my sister a brand new set of nice clothes to wear after she graduated high school. She was pretty, thin and was looking forward to college. I was a size ten, and thought I was HUGE. So when I graduated, she gave me cash, which I was thankful for, but then a nice little,
    "I'd get clothes for you like I did for your sister, but I wasn't sure if you are the size you want to be yet."
    Glad for the cash. Keep your comments please.
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    When I was a teenager going through an awkward phase (meaning big boobs, and my body trying to grow into itself) I had a doctor tell me that if I had lost weight I would have a very nice body. Not the best thing for a doctor to say to a teenager.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options

I wasn't.

so many times even after losing 9 stone(130 lbs)!!!
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My ex dumped me because I'm fat. You can imagine how it could break one's confidence and self esteem. It was the most painful one for me.

I am so sorry :(, Why'd anyone break up with a gorgeous woman like yourself! :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My sister was talking about having babies while we were in the dressing room trying on clothes. I was standing in front of a 360 mirror with just my bra and underwear about ready to put on a dress when she reached her arms around my waist and grabbed my lower tummy and said "Well at least I won't have to worry about maternity clothes, I'll just borrow yours!"

That specific day was my encouragement to put down the Big Mac and shove a carrot stick in my mouth instead.

17lbs later and still going strong.

I said this on my status earlier, but I think family generally has their filters turned off. She would never have said that to a stranger.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    After spending the whole day preparing a spread of food for my Dad's birthday, I was serving myself some food. My (drunk) Dad hollered at me from across the room "You better watch what you put in your mouth!"

My jaw hung open, but I quickly countered: "You better watch what comes out of yours!"

My siblings and i spent the rest of the day making fun of him.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    yo are pretty no matter your size now :)
  • PamelaB43
    PamelaB43 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have gotten from my mom" You look like Hell." She thought I guess " tough love" would wake me up even though it was painful and I have gotten from two ex boyfriends" You really are a beautiful girl and you dont have too far to go if you could just lose the weight you could be so much more." You know throughout our lives people go up and down with weight.. Seriously. It's funny though because then when I lost the weight I dissed them. I figure if you can't be with me when I have a few pounds then why should you be with me when I have lost? I am still the same person either way.
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I cannot recall a time where I have had a stranger say something about my weight. All of the comments have come from my family. I went down to FL to visit my family for Thanksgiving last year and my grandmother grabbed me around the waist and said "Baby, you have gotten so fat." Really grams? I have not seen you in a year and that is the first thing out of your mouth?!:grumble:
    That brought me down for a while but when we had a video chat this Christmas Eve I made it a point to let grandma know that I've lost 10 pounds. lol

My 6 year old tends to talk about my "big butt" when he sees me change clothes, etc. That stings a bit being that it's out of the mouth of babes.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me what people say anymore. The reason is I'm doing something about it and I sure let them know.
  • PamelaB43
    Options

I wasn't.
  • PamelaB43
    Options
    Yeah I have gotten that one too when I was at my heaviest of 204 ( I am about 5'6'' 5'7'') It is mortifying
  • neveahnadira
    Options
    I just remembered this one. I was with my ex at his home. It was tea time and his mom offered me tea-snacks. He suddenly told his mom, "Mom, don't give it to her. She'll become fatter!"-Ouch!It stung horribly.
  • Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My grandfather would always sing, " She's too fat for me, she's too fat for me. I don't want her you can have her, she's too fat for me". Then he'd laugh.
  • PamelaB43
    Options
    I just remembered this one. I was with my ex at his home. It was tea time and his mom offered me tea-snacks. He suddenly told his mom, "Mom, don't give it to her. She'll become fatter!"-Ouch!It stung horribly.

Wow sounds like we were dating the same person..:smile: That is really hitting below the belt! I hope you belted him after that. I don't think people think before they speak.:grumble:
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was at work and said I was cold and thr person stood next to me said I really had no reason to say that I feel cold given the huge amount of subcutaneous fat I have!
    B*****d!
  • Julianne8104
    Julianne8104 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It confounds me how people can be so mean!!!

for example:

1. You have such a pretty face, you'd be able to find a husband if you lost some weight (*insert roll eyes*)

2. (this lady I met for the first time at Thanksgiving, a friend of my best friend's mother), " You know if you lost weight you'd be much more attractive"

3. My aunt who swore it was more important to be prettier than smart, because smart wouldn't help me "land" a husband. Mind you, at the time of that remark I was 25 years old working on my master's degree, and she was like 65 and been married 4 times o.O

What is with everyone's fascination with my marital status???
  • Nicktemt
    Options
    "Boy, you've really filled out."

I was like... "WTF?"... I didn't get it until I realized I was 212 lbs, and a size 36" waist....

Now, I'm 165 lbs, 30" waist, 9.6% body fat, and I can annihilate 100 pushups in 2 minutes. Take that!!