Why are you fat???

Options

Replies

• miss_lizz
    miss_lizz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs, then got pregnant..30 more to go! Just need to stop being lazy!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    i like to eat :bigsmile:
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Complacency?

I think I just accepted the weight as it came on and stereotyped myself as the non-athletic type. Who was there to play with anyway? Adults don't do such things....or so I may have believed. EVERYONE goes out to dinner though. Enough of that and some BBQ's can certainly add some pounds over the years.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Because I LOVE FOOD!!!
  • lucylindabaker
    lucylindabaker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I used to be teeny tiny and only a size 8, then I started eating loads of fatty foods, stopped going to dance classes and quit the gym. The full fat products were piling up...and so were my fat rolls! I'm aiming to get back to a healthy BMI and down to a size 8 again!
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    When i was 11 my thyroid got all swollen to the point that my mom thought I had a tumor in my neck. So she took me to the doctor and he said it was just my thyroid and I had a low functioning one. My mother never got me the medication to fix it even though I was prescribed. From then I just figured, "hey i'm fat cuz my thyroid doesnt work well not because i hate going outside and love food" few years ago I got my thyroid checked and it is working pretty well. Which made me more depressed because now i'm fat because I eat. Which made me more self conscious and more afraid to go outside. But recently I decided to change that....but man if chocolate wasnt do tasty i'd be size 2 by now.
  • jeniferjune
    jeniferjune Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have joined weight watchers in the past, would you say that this is similar because it keeps track of your limits? Just curious.
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ate too much. Didn't move enough.
  • Scoobies100
    Options
    I'm not :P I gained some weight though after changing my contraception and becoming a student :P.
  • abigailm83
    Options
    I have always had issues with my weight, I always seem to gain weight when I get comfortable with someone. Got married and had kids at a young age. After I had my second child I lost about 80 lbs and kept it off for 2-3 years. I was good until I started dating my current boyfriend and I slowly started gaining it back. I started working out in 2010 and lost about 30 lbs but do to moving and other stuff going on I stopped. I then got pregnant with my third child, I worked through my pregnancy until I was 8 months along. When I stopped working for the last two months of my pregnancy the weight packed on and has stayed on since I've had my daughter (she is almost 6 months). I have now been working out again started last Monday and been watching what I eat and have lost 5 lbs so far. Good start so far and hopefully I won't have to go through this again.:)
  • FatBastard6135
    Options
    I'm not fat .. I big boned .. HA HA HA

I love food, and ate until I stuffed myself and didn't workout .. So Now, I am paying the price for my love affair with food .. :love: :smile:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I had a baby. A late age baby. And unlike the previous two babies, this baby weight did not go away. So I starved myself and did a number on my metabolism. Still didn't lose the weight. Finally, I joined MFP and started getting exercise again while counting calories. And NOW I'm losing the baby weight.

Oh and she's 6 years old now.
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    1. I love french fries and pasta.
    2. My desk job and the 2 hour commute to and from saps up my energy.
    3. I don't workout as much as I should because of reason #2.
  • Rethinkmyname
    Options
    I've always been fat, I started gaining at around 7 and by fifth grade I was already 160 pounds, by ninth grade I was 202 pounds. My father lost his job when I was younger and started getting into cooking with insane portion control. Instead of a reasonable plate for a 10 year old he'd take a twelve inch plate pile it to to sky with shrimp Alfredo pasta then on a second twelve inch plate he'd put a stake mashed potatoes and garlic bread dripping with butter. Not to say that today it's his fault, I'm 18, but it wasn't a great foundation. Growing up fat ****ing sucks btw. I wish I knew what it was like to be skinny :( well, I'm on my way I guess, I'm at 156.5 as of yesterday, first time in my life since I was 7 that I've ever been at a healthy body weight :)
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    I've never been slim, but didn't get overweight until about 5-6 years ago. I eat healthy meals mostly (always homecooked, rarely deep fried), but I have always had the tendency to snack. After high school I stopped working out regularly and went to uni where I gained 10-15 pounds each year. This was due to poor sleeping habits, partying, few but big meals, etc..
  • CoralConnor
    CoralConnor Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The answer to this question is the same for all of us: we consistently consumed more calories than we burned. The first time I realized I was too big was when I literally COULD NOT find one outfit in my closet I felt comfortable wearing out! I was just crawling in my skin every day, wishing I looked and felt different. SO glad I started MFP! :-)
  • stephding
    Options
    I have always been... well, I should say since I was in 1st grade I have been "overweight". My parents indulgences in food became mine. And even when I knew I shouldn't be eating certain amounts of food; I dd. I am a food lover to the bone. And I do not like forced exercise. I enjoy hiking and going for walks, but relaxing paced. And if I want helpings of a certain food that I love; I don't want anyone telling me otherwise.

With that said, I still love food, but am learning to love it in moderation. If I want Mac and Cheese, I have Mac and Cheese. I just now know I will have to work it off if it goes above my calorie intake for the day. Is it worth it? Some days yes, some days no. I don't really care about weight, I just want to feel good inside and out. Wherever that weight happens to be is where I will start to maintain.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I orginally got fat because I got pregnant and depressed.

Now I'm just lazy, and don't eat properly. I love food. I hate to cook. So I eat a lot of convenience foods. This makes me feel tired and I make excuses not to or just simply don't exercise.

I lost about 20 lbs a couple years ago, then I got a desk job and gained it all back and then some. :(
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Because I drank too much beer and atre too much pizza and wings, and was the most lazy person ever.
    Little piggy + lazy = fat *kitten*.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I came out the womb big bone (weighing over 10lbs at birth). Not to mention I was brainwashed to eat everything on my plate. When I was little, I was fed adult serving sizes. I grew up to a restaurant/ fast food junkie. And because my overweight parents & grandparents were food pushers, I was taught to eat when I'm happy, sad, depressed, bored etc.

Now that I'm an adult trying to be free from obesity, I'm really thinking I never had a chance to be anything other than fat. It's quit depressing when you think about it. The sad part is many people are starting their kids off the same way. In 30 years there will be millions more with my story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!