Why are you fat???

Options

Replies

• Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I eat too much and I don't exercise near enough...

Yeah, that about sums it up.

^^^ this.

Only I ate way too much and NEVER exercised.

I have no other excuses.
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Eating fast food at all hours of the day and not working out. My downward spiral really started 3 years ago when I had crappy shifts at work and just didn't have the energy to cook or workout. Left that job and got a 9-5 desk job which added on a few pounds the first few months and I realized I don't have anymore excuses and I needed to change my bad habits!
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Outside of "ate too much, worked out too little", I chalk up the rest to not paying attention to my genetics. I've always been a "growing boy" - started out at 11 1/2 lbs from day one! Thankfully my parents didn't overfeed me into juvenile diabetes or worse. The problem started when I hit puberty - I started packing on weight like no tomorrow. Started high school at 175 lbs, graduated at 275. Thanks to football and wrestling, a large portion of that gain was muscle, but I gained fat as well because I would eat like a horse.

That just continued for the past 15 years - 6 years of martial arts and 6 years of amateur strongman has kept adding muscle, but I would just eat and eat as well, so I never had a serious weight loss period (I did cut about 30 lbs about 7 years ago, but have gained all that back, plus some). I didn't really concern myself about it, because I would convince myself things were manageable ("I can still do a cartwheel/see my toes/jog a mile, so being 370 lbs isn't that bad") I needed to take a good look at myself and start working on tuning the engine, not just adding more horsepower. Because someday I'm going to stop the athletics, and if I don't watch it, I'm gonna hit 400, and in the bad way.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I got on birth control but that is by far not my excuse but it did contribute. I ate what I wanted and I didn't exercise and still expected not to get fat :grumble:
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    At first, wasn't aware of what I was eating & the calories in what I was eating.
    Pushed that aside and got to a good weight 137lbs, then I got pregnant.
    So yeah, at the moment, I blame putting on 50lbs during pregnancy my reason of having some fatness.
  • MsRiah
    MsRiah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Simple . I eat with my eyes & not my stomach .
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE food!
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ate and drank way to much in college. Lost weight after graduation. My then boyfriend got out of the military (moved in thogether). Gained weight becuase I didnt care and was unhappy. Then boyfriend and I broke up (very bad break up). Lost weight since I was happy, single, and cared about me again. Met my now boyfriend (amazing man). Got comfertable in the relationship and gained weight. With his support I am losing weight and beyond happy!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I came off a medication that suppressed my appetite and to some extent controlled my allergies. Then I sat around for a few years refusing to have anything to do with anybody (I still prefer to be alone most of the time) and playing on my computer. So basically I became your stereotypical MMO basement dweller, but without the neckbeard.

It was fun, too, very relaxing after all the sleep deprived, stressed out years of trying to fit into a world I will never, ever fit into. I just decided one day that it wasn't going to keep me going for the rest of my life. So now the world is going to make some room for me. Or else I'm going to conquer it and rule. Actually, I prefer the second option anyway. Be afraid, be very afraid, and all that nonsense.
  • jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have almost always been a little overweight, except for a short time in high school and college. In 2004, I lost my son and then went through a major depression for several years (although I didn't recognize it at the time because of other issues that cropped up). I have just really started to put my life together again where I care about myself which is why I am here.
  • shannong311
    shannong311 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    4 surgeries, and quitting smoking... = +70lbs
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'm not fat I'm just big boned
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When I gradutaed from high school i was in the best shape of my life! All through out high school i was always a thicker girl but i dropped about 30 lbs before my senior year. I barely ate, partied and danced all my calories away then bam! after my freshman year of college gor pregnant. That was all she wrote. I slowed down tremendously after I had my daughter and gained 65 lbs during my pregnancy!! My weight has been a disaster ever since.

Now trying to get back down to my pre baby weight! (shes two now)
  • Moomin123
    Moomin123 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am fat because I eat too much, drink too much, eat anything that's not nailed down when I am hungover and don't do enough exercise - simples!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The first time I gained, it was too much food and not enough moving because I was used to being naturally thin and then I suddenly wasn't. This time, it's my birth control. :-(
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    Not paying attention to my eating and my body. It is that simple. i could blame it on my high stress job, my 3 babies + 1 adopted, my genes... all those things. But i have just not paid attention and when my clothes started getting tighter and then eventually bigger sizes, i may excuses for myself. I HATE SWEATING, so i HATE EXERCISE... another excuse.

But the last 3 Weeks NO MORE EXCUSES! I am working it off! I sweat everyday! i am gonna get into those SKINNY jeans for my boys football SEASON! i am gonna be someone I am proud to be instead of hiding behind my FAT clothes and warm smile!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Bad eating habits when I had a quick metabolism that didn't change after I started having babies and eating for... like, nine. I gained too much weight while pregnant and never adopted a healthy lifestyle with food and exercise in between so I kept getting mushier and mushier. I weigh less now than I did before kids but nothing is in the right place and I'm more skinnyfat than anything. Working now to tone and get rid of the jiggle.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Got a writing job from home a lil over a year ago, basically my own freelance business, spending too much time sedentary and in my office chair, plus running your own business is pretty hectic. Mix the two together and you get the 'chair spread' or whatever it's known as. Essentially just not active enough and the weight slowly crept up over the course of a year, a pound or two a month. It's 20 pounds, maybe less depending on how the toning-up goes, so I should be able to get the weight off with increased activity and curtailing my diet to healthier fare. :D
  • secondchance82
    Options
    I was recently in a long distance relationship prior to getting married to him in March. The problem? I lived in the east coast time zone, him on pacific time. We stayed up late at night talking because we could never really talk till after 10pm his time (1 or later my time)...so I wasn't getting any sleep and my body required more "fuel", never got enough rest so I could never do high impact workouts...so that's where most of my gain came from.

I lost over 100lbs., but 20 of them were gained back over the course of our relationship apart this past winter.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I was overweight due to being lazy, eating way too much, and a lack of exercise.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!