Why are you fat???

Options

Replies

• ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I've been fat since my daughter was about a year old. She's 16 now.

When she was 16 months old, I started taking an antidepressant and gained over 30 lbs in a year. I'm not kidding. That put me at around 180.

I switched to a different anti depressant and lost 20, putting me around 160.

Got engaged, moved across country, relationship imploded and I was again a single parent.

Did ok for a couple of years, staying at around 160.

Then got depressed again. Started taking different meds. Gained, sat on my @ss, stopped working out, stopped walking, stopped almost everything.

A couple of times, I started working out, and would do ok for a few weeks, maybe a couple of months, but didn't make much progress and would quit. Also, I never really addressed the food side of the equation. I'd try to eat "cleaner" but I'd never really count calories.

My highest ever recorded weight was 199.6 at the doctor's office last June.

In October, I started having near-constant gallbladder attacks, and had it removed in November. In the course of all the pre-surgery tests, I found out I am insulin-resistant. Last month, my mother was diagnosed diabetic.

I talked to my doctor and got into a weight loss program through the V.A. and actually started counting calories for the first time ever.

So far, so good.
  • ThickNThunda
    ThickNThunda Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm phat because I ate a lot of damn food that I wanted to eat and kept making the excuse that I would work out "tomorrow" lol
  • mom2scc
    mom2scc Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    it started when i meet my husben he was a juckfood eatter so he got me hooked so put on 10lbs +, then we got married put 10lbs + more. year later got pregnant with my first gain 60lbs then had my little boy dropped 25lbs he turn one found out i pregnant again with my daughter gain 45lbs and went up 210. my eatting happens never change once i became pregnant so that why gain so much with both my kids i did a little better with my daughter because i was broader line preeclampsia. being 5'2" at 210 my body killed me!so after i had her and i was lease at 6 weeks afterward i start on my weight lost journey and end up here i think feb this year... 65lbs lighter!
  • anonymous9162
    Options
    I'm fat because I'm fat.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    cheese, ice cream, chocolate, huge portions and lots of it...that's it
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Eh, I got too wrapped up in school, work, and family that I didn't have time or energy at the end of the day to exercise. And I love fast food, pizza, and wings along with beer. Now I'm fat and have to fight my way back to being fitter.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    don't really have a reason...I was just too lazy to cook my own food & exercise! Thank God those days are behind me though :-)
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I was just curious about the different reasons some of us are fat...ahem...excuse me...I mean overweight or in my case OBESE (according to BMI).
    My reasons are as follow: Over the last 4 years I started a relationship, quit smoking (HOORAY FOR ME but here comes the fat), planned a wedding, went on a honeymoon cruise (they feed you SOOO much), got married, then pregnant (actually the pregnancy came just before the wedding, but who's counting), finished everything my pregnant wife couldn't eat (morning sickness), stop working out altogether (but continued to pay them :huh: ), finished everything my toddler wouldn't eat, and bing eating. WOW!!! So that's why I'm fat. What's your deal???

Same... but add a super stressfull job on top of that, AND a second kid. I went from 190 to over 300lbs!

Now, after ditching the job and help from MFP, I'm down to 183!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm super lazy and I love food.
  • miztae
    miztae Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lol this seems like we are in rehab. The first step is admitting. Hi I'm fat because....let's see because I over ate n like u finished everyone else's food. I got too comfortable with it and stopped exercising and BOOM on came the weight!!! I'm more determined then ever to get back into shape.
  • kittyfrost
    kittyfrost Posts: 54
    Options
    Emotional eating.
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I believe carbs are made of everything good and wonderful in life.
    I love eating before bed
    I hate sweating that doesn't involve dancing or hot monkey sex.
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Gaynell and I'm overweight because I let life take over! Boyfriend, Pregnant, Lost BabyFat,T Living together, Marriage, Pregnant again, the second baby did it for me, didnt go back to work, tv and food, tv and food, tv and food!
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Being raised in a family where I wasn't taught correct food choices. That's my excuse for being fat as a child. But from 13 onwards? It's all been me.

Emotional eating, binge-eating, EDNOS messing up my metabolism; basically just not looking after myself at all.
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm fat because in the space of nine months I lost my mother to cancer, my child, caught my ex cheating and lost my brother to a hit and run. Between these losses I medicated myself with food. At the end of it I was 300 pounds and still grieving. I realized I was only hurting myself so got my *kitten* into gear. Now Im 41 pounds lighter, 400 percent happier and dealing with my emotions in a healthier, happier way.

Sorry for this but great to see you're living
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have two words for at least 50 of my extra pounds....Depo Provera. While I was taking it, I gained almost 50 lbs in less than two years. I then worked full time and went to school partime spending all my free time doing homework. Now, I'm just so overweight that it's difficult to get past the pain of exercising even just a little. Oh, cant' forget the leukemia, pcos, asthma, carpal tunnel, and hashimoto's.
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Learned some very bad eating habits from my family and friends, had a really bad break up, I'm an emotional eater and am fighting depression, I use to hate exercising and was very lazy, marriage, not able to find a job (emotional eating) and birth control.
  • 2012NSR
    2012NSR Posts: 51
    Options
    Cheese, cheese and more cheese! With a bit of chocolate added in for good measure!!

Since turning Vegan in January I have lost around 4 stone (only found MFP a while ago) now trying to loose my last 10lbs grrrr!!
  • radioraven
    radioraven Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Post Partum Depression with each of my children. Anxiety so bad I didn't want to leave my house. Worked 3rd shift and never slept.
    Never took care of me until I finally got my wake up call to.
  • scott_lester
    scott_lester Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    combination of a desk job, newlywed, and baby on the way lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!