Why are you fat???

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Really simple answer to this.....I have no self-control when it comes to eating.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Laziness, anti-depressants and bad food choices. *sigh*
  • ro_girl68
    ro_girl68 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    relationships are definitely a huge cause in my weight gain! you're just so comfortable lol
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Laziness, anti-depressants and bad food choices. *sigh*

Hit the nail on the head for me... minus the anti-depressants
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have always been fat but I was active as a kid and in High school once I graduated I ate the same but wasn't active. Then I lived in a dorm then I started working a 3rd shift job, so it just kept going up and up and up and I got scared and depressed because nothing I ever did ever worked for me. I just kept eating and eating because I thought nothing I can ever do will ever work. Then one day I realized i don't want to be like that any more. I know it's going to take me a year two year but I'm going to try and that is all we can do.
  • shariTN
    shariTN Posts: 53
    Options
    I love to eat
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Very athletic in high school, going into college I remained athletic, then met my now fiance after coming out of a crumby 5 year relationship...got comfortable with him, was an assistance manager at a chocolate house...YEAH THAT SUMS IT UP mostly - now I'm proud to say I'm roughly about 14 lbs away from my ultimate goal from the support of my MFP friends and dedicating to a new healthy lifestyle that I wouldn't trade for nothing!
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Stopped being active, fell into a relationship that I think attributed to bad eating habits and laziness.
  • mohitsarmy
    mohitsarmy Posts: 17
    Options
    I was an athlete in high school. Wresting, Cross Country (for wrestling), distance track (for wrestling)
    After High school I did martial arts.
    I then joined the military.
    I got injured badly. fell 10 feet hit the back of my head first and broke my back. I been through a lot of suffering in my life since. I was a zombie due to head injury the first year after. I got better but i gained weight very rapidly. I was in pain in my back so much I didn't feel like doing anything. I gained 100 lbs in 1 year (idk how that is possible).

Now, I felt sorry and pitiful for myself. April 1st, 2012 came and I decided, "Screw this, I'm tired of being this way. I have always been athletic" I've lost 21 lbs so far. Not too bad, could be better but I'm working on it.
  • seamadden
    seamadden Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i grew up being fed huuuuuge portions, one of my mother's dinners could easily feed two people
    i would be rewarded with food, and it was a comfort
    we had no fixed times for meals or anything, most days it was a continual graze in front of the tv

learning portion control and giving myself a set time every day for each meal and each snack helps so much
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hey if I ever need an excuse I know which topic to come to :)

Your overweight because you consumed to much and burned to little!

Yes, yes I am :flowerforyou:
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    By the time I hit the age where I didn't have to ask for snacks, I was done for. In terms of exercise the only thing that gets me motivated is dance and cheerleading but other than that I was/am a lazy person.
  • Steph7x
    Steph7x Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I simply got pregnant, a good thing about me is it hard for me to gain weight without drastic reasons(such as pregnancy)but its also really hard to lose it once its there.
  • adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    Options
    not enough sex
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I liked food more than I like working out. After losing 37 pounds I realize I like looking good more than I like food.
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Emotional eater from an early age. Currently in recovery for binge eating and compulsive eating. Being on a buttload of meds since I was 13 didn't help things, either.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Laboring under the delusion that my exercise exceeded my daily caloric intake.
  • leahrochelle
    leahrochelle Posts: 218
    Options
    Welll...
    It all started with the FRESHMAN 15.... and the Sophmore 25...

Stress,emotions, school, no time, and love for pasta.

Hopefully next it will be the Junior (-30)??
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    College made me overweight XD I had to write so many papers that I didn't have time to make my own food. I would just get take out and then sit on my butt and study more. There was a year that I took off to watch my nephew that really got me out of shape. I was stuck in the house most of the time and just fell off from there. Luckily, I got accepted at my local University. The campus is huge which means I can ride my bike to classes. And they have their own gym for students. I think I'll do better from now on ^^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!