How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• DaveMXF
    DaveMXF Posts: 52
    Options
    ZERO, I workout exclusively at home....
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    $36.00 a month. That inculdes access to all indoor and outdoor pools in the city, and all gyms the leisure center gyms in the city as well as the indoor tracks.
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    $60 a month for both my husband and I. Combined, not each. :)
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I think ours is $125 a month for my husband, my son, and I (it's the Y). This includes the whole gym, pool, and track. We also have free acess to any Y in the US.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Wow that seems steep!

I pay about $17 every 2 weeks, and have access to any of their gyms in the country. Unlimited use, plus they have a giant pool

There weren't any start up fees, either.

Edited to include: unlimited free classes every day, too.
  • iCACTUS
    iCACTUS Posts: 113
    Options
    $20 a month at Fitness Edge! I love it!
  • karah0011
    karah0011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I pay $29 a month...includes classes like zumba, spin, cardio salsa, yoga, circuit challenge, power sculpt, fit ball...etc. Access to the outdoor pool in the summer and free babysitting. Classes are awesome!
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    $20 dollars a month! I use Planet Fitness. It's just a basic gym, nothing fancy
    Hey me too!! lol. With the $20 package you get to use the tanning beds too and bring someone with you for free up to 10 times. They also have a $10 monthly membership.
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My local gym is doing £16 a month for the whole gym, any time of day. It doesn't have a pool but our leisure center lets you use the pool for £2 and I rarely go.

The other gym in town and sports centre is £30 a month for gym, pool and sports facilities (track/courts/bowling alley)

We actually have two more that I haven't been too on the other side of town but I imagine they're around £20.
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Mine is $30 a month, I go to Anytime Fitness, its a small 24 hour gym and I love it.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    $31 per month. I go to the Y.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    For me, my husband, and 3 kids we pay $99 a month for the whole gym and we can go to the other ones that are in the area.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    $10/month for planet fitness at home and free use of USAF facilities while on the road for business.
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I go to a no-frills gym in Toronto - pay $10 per month.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    I pay $38 a month. My gym is also my morning bathroom so it had to have a full bathroom with showers and towels and on the way to work. Well worth the price I pay.
  • careyayn22
    Options
    Me: $20ish (includes classes and childcare)
    DH: $14ish (does not include classes and childcare)

So, around $35 at Golds and includes tennis, track, pool, women's area, classes and childcare for me)
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    $112 a month for family membership, & our health ins knocks off $40 if my husband & I each go 12 times in the month. It's definitely expensive compared to other gyms in our area, but none of the others have an acceptable family membership AND an indoor track. Even if my kids only go once or twice a week, I want them to have access to go whenever they like.

It's worth every penny.

Edit: We go to the YMCA, & we have traveled to other states & gone to Ys there. All they do is photocopy our membership cards.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I bought my 2 year pass at Costco for 24 Hour Fitness.

It was $319.99 for 2 years which comes out to a little over $13 a month.
  • hebbby
    hebbby Posts: 70
    Options
    I pay £21.50 a month for my gym and can use any of their sites around the city. This includes the gym, the pools, all the classes and hiring of the courts for badminton/squash/basketball etc.
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    $35 a month for both my wife and I.