How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• a6ftdiva
    a6ftdiva Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I belong to Planet Fitness and pay $20 a month with an annual fee of $40. this includes training groups, tanning, massage chairs adn red light therapy, and unlimited guest passes (I can bring the same person with me everytime I go if I want, 1 guest per visit) and I can use any location

They are open 24 hours M-TH

or for $10 a month you get gym access and training groups.

No Pool
    No Track
    No Classes

works for me lol
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have a free gym at work. I know I'm lucky but it also has it's cons.
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym membership, $33/mo. I'm sure there's a "one time" initiation fee for newbies. This includes the whole gym + classes.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    As an alternative we decided to spend our money on a really good treadmill. I figure at maybe $58 a month it will then be free membership for years after this year. And I've joined gyms before and under used them at great expense. This thing has a long warrantee period, and we've used it nearly every single day. The local high school has a $3 each entry fee if I want to swim, and in the summer we also have a town outdoor pool for about that cost or a cheaper family rate for the whole season. I feel pretty frugal with that. Of course I have my $10 DVD's and my wii zumba and EA sports. In the summer I try to do outdoor things. Basically I"m saying you can get your workout on if you don't want classes. If I wanted classes I think a gym membership with classes inclcluded would be a great deal. I'm not the kind that will be more self motivated if I went to the gym,

There is tennis/basketball courts around the block from my house, and walking/bike/skiing trails around my town, too.

I'm more motivated if I can jump in without much pre-though or planning when I have time at home.
  • pinkprincessmama
    pinkprincessmama Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mine is $80/mo for me and my dd. This includes outdoor pool and all classes. If I bring my other daughter with me in the evenings, I pay $5 per time for her. It is expensive, but it is very convenient to where I live.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I pay $10 a month for all cardio and weights. The highest to be able to go to classes and use the pool is $35 a month.
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm paying a whopping 00.00$$ for going to the gym. =P
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    $20 dollars a month! I use Planet Fitness. It's just a basic gym, nothing fancy

I'm a member of Planet Fitness as well. The $20/month covers unlimited tanning (if you're into that), and use of the massage chairs plus the gym itself. Nothing fancy at all abut it gets the job done. There was no extra fees to join (one time $39 yearly fee that they charged a month later).

They also have a $10/month membership which gives you access to the home gym you choose. Other amenities (tanning, massage chairs etc) are not included in that membership but it's great for someone on a budget who only wants to work out. :)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I pay $46/month, it only has gym and classes (no pools, tracks, etc.)
    I signed up for 2 years so I avoided the sign up fee.

I couldn't afford much more than I do!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    We pay about $55 a month for the two of us. There was a initiation fee, but I beleive we had that waived when we joined as part of their opening specials. I think that gym is more per month now, but our fee is locked in. The facility has a pool and a spinning room, and bball courts and a classroom, as well as all the equipment you could want. The best part? Its only about 5 blocks from home so there's no excuses for not just getting over there when I should!
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    29.00 a month for a family membership that includes all classes and daycare... club fitness LOVE them
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I pay $37/ month. 6 month contract.... $25 one time membership fee... includes entire gym, all classes, weight rooms, womens only area, and pool
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    $49.95 <--joiner fee was waved when I started (Urban Active)
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    I pay 398 a year for me, my husband and son.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    $32 /month PLUS $305 / month for Personal Trainer fees
  • stacyrhoades11
    stacyrhoades11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I pay 25.00 a month which give me full acess to the gym, daily hyrdo massage, and free tanning:bigsmile: , however my gym doesnt have a track or a pool:indifferent:
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    $0

:)

I work at GoodLife Fitness and all Associates get their membership for free. I work there about once a week (Sunday's) as well as going to school and working another job.
  • timmypeace
    timmypeace Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I pay $44 a month. However, prices will vary depending on the area you live. Cities are going to be cheaper than a more rural area.
  • tuckwuck
    Options
    I pay 69 a month but that gives me tons of classes, machines, track and pools to use if needed. It is close to home and gives me little excuse not to go. It is owned by the hospital so staff is always there and is open 7 days. If I didnt have that I would never stay motivated.
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    We pay $59.98 a month for our 2 gym memberships together, which includes full weights, cardio room and unlimited tanning. We also have $7/ week deducted from his paycheck for the fitness center that includes a pool, hot tub, indoor track, basketball courts, weight room and cardio room....the weights aren't as good as the gym we go to, and you ALWAYS have to wait at least half an hour for a bike/treadmill, which is why we don't train there. They also offer a multitude of classes at the fitness center, but they aren't included in the fee. You have to pay extra for them.