How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• RobynDCrossman
    Options
    70/month plus the additional cost of childcare.
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    I pay $10/month for a basic membership to Planet Fitness. It's very basic - treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, and weights, but I don't need much.
  • Magzilla08
    Magzilla08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I go to 24hr fitness and i paid $260 for 15 months , thats like $17.30 cents? They really charged you that much a month?
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I'm paying $78/mo for a family of 4 at a relatively new full featured YMCA. Fitness classes are free.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I pay $10 a month for Planet Fitness, which is the basic gym. No pool, spa, or track or fitness classes. The other gym in town is $55 a month and when I lived in South Florida I paid $65 a month.
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    We joined during a special two years ago, $100 sign up fee, $10.00/month and we cancel anytime.
    It's a plain jane gym, no pool, no sauna, no hot tub or anything like that.
    That $10.00 used to include classes but then they changed it and now you have to get a premium membership for that...which I won't pay because they are very inconsistent with their schedules.
    All in all not a bad deal and it's 5 minutes from my house.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    $55 per month for me and hubby. Full club access - 5 different locations most with a pool. One location is women only with no pool. I go to classes 3x/week plus workout another 2. I regularly use 3 different locations, depending on time of class or from which part of town I am coming! My hubby mainly uses the pool.

I had no sign-up fee because of the insurance I hold plus I am affiliated with hospitals (RN).

There is a small gym here on the campus I can use but my hubby could not and it is not open as early or late as I may need it. The hospitals also have small gyms where I could work out for a very nominal fee but only one location each.
  • Sarareneephoto
    Sarareneephoto Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I pay $20 a month at Gold's Gym.
    open 24hrs, Pool, sona, hot tub, women's zone, classes, cardio theater, basketball courts.

When this Gym opened they had a 2 year plan $20 a month. But I didn't join because I was using my school's gym.
    In november 2010 I wanted a membership and some guy was willing to give away his membership which was just a $50 transfer fee.

But after the 2 years (Nov 2011) They won't up the price. So that's pretty cool! I go all day and it's open 24hrs!
  • xanthochroid
    Options
    £10/$15 a month - swimming pool/sauna/fitness room/squash courts/tennis court - they are currently building a new/bigger leisure centre which i cant wait for it to open...:)
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    $25/month, no limit, and I can always take one person with me, no limit.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    $38 a month for an LA Fitness that is within walking distance of my apartment. Or will be, once I get in better shape and can walk a mile and a half uphill without getting winded. I don't remember what I paid for initiation, something in the neighborhood of $50. No contract, it's month to month. Pool, sauna, hot tub, nice locker room, racquetball and basketball courts, classes included, and plenty of weights. On the downside there's no track...if you want to walk or run you have to use a treadmill.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I go to Bally's/LA Fitness - I pay $21 a month here in San Diego, Calofornia. There's a gym within our apartment complex as wel. So if I ever want to do a quick cardio session, I can go down there.

Jarnard
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    $59 for a full family membership....pool included
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Looking at joining a place called iRoyFitness in E. Norriton. It's $99 for an initiation and $39/mo afterwards. Kind of pricey, but clean as a whistle, all the classes I want for no extra charge and they are friendly and not pushy about things like personal trainers.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    It's included in tuition so I have no idea. It's HUGE though and has really nice equipment in it (ellipticals with tv screens and stuff like that) and it's two stories. I love our gym!

Then where my parents live I also have a free membership because my mom works at the hospital and they are ran by the same people so she gets free memberships for her and family.
  • bloodguilt
    Options
    Mine only cost Php 300.00/month. That's about $7... Lol. It's really cheap!
  • angelique74
    Options
    I don't pay anything, my boss pays my membership yearly, about $500+ at the YMCA where he is on the board. I haven't used the pool or the classes yet, although my doc says because of my muscle issues swimming is the best for me. One day I will branch out.
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    i actually have three gyms I go to lol.

NYSC....which is $40 a month. I have the core membership which is cheaper than their passport membership ($90) plus the one I go to doesn't have a pool therefore it's cheaper than the other NYSC in the area.

Then there is the gym in community (I live in a private apartment community)....pool, free weights, plenty of cardio machines, basketball courts, tennis courts etc. The fee for it is included in the community fee which I think is like $40 a month.

I also volunteer for the FD and we have an AMAZING gym, that's standard for all members, plus we have a 2x a week personal trainer.

SO it may sound like I'm on overkill but everything has it's purpose. I walk to my community gym to swim and do light cardio or even weights. I go to NYSC for zumba & spin classes and then I use the FD gym whenever Im there, bored, or after training. I use to see the personal trainer but it conflicts with my work schedule now.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    $20 dollars a month! I use Planet Fitness. It's just a basic gym, nothing fancy

Same here that is all I need.....I love it

I pay $10 there because I don't tan. But I love the free training there. The gyms always clean too.
  • Kaelabaela
    Options
    I just joined Retro Fitness, it has a THEATER in it!!! and is 24 hours during the week....
    $19.99 a month! :love: