How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    $72 US a month, and that's after my employee discount. The pains of working out in Manhattan =(.

At least I have a work program that gives me $500 US a year towards gym memberships!
  • tweetetina
    Options
    Planet Fitness...$10 a month with no contract, and the people that work at the one here are fabulous...love it!
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    MIne is $28/month = $336 a year (if you have them take it out monthly.

If you pay for the year up front its $252.
  • Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    $1.56/month. My job reimburses me $20 every month on my paycheck
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    20$ a month, plus I can bring as many other people as I want as much as I want!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    $10 a month at golds gym...thats what's up!!!
  • CBM23
    CBM23 Posts: 36
    Options
    I 'm fortune enough to have free access to the university gym, which is all I really need. But I know its almost 300 a year for non students. REALLY not looking forward to having to pay for a real gym membership someday but I'd LOVE to have access to a 24 hour gym. :)
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    i have free membership but it's supposed to be $50/mo
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    Well mine is free, because I work at the gym :P

But our memberships are non-contract month to month.
    This includes access to everything in the gym.
    If you want to cancel you may do so at anytime with no charges,
    if you're on draft make sure to cancel at least one week before draft is scheduled.

If you have a trainer it's $35.00 / month

If you are doing just a month-to-month without a trainer it's: $45 / month

If you are doing a month-to-month draft its: $40 / month

Teens / teachers / firefighters/ police officers are $25 / month or $20 on draft
  • Valawee
    Options
    i pay 54$ a month for me and my husband at ANYTIME FITNESS so i can go at any hour of the day....BUT i had to sign an 18 month contract for it to be that low and that gym doesn't have a pool, sauna, or anything....just 2 bathrooms with a shower. I wouldn't recommend that gym at all. An indoor track sounds awesome but that is a bit pricey.....
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I got in on a Black Friday deal and we pay $19 a month.
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Mine is $60 a month (Spectrum)
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Mine was £45 (around $70 US) but was way to much so now I just exercise at home at get just as good results
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Our family membership at the Y (two parents plus kids) is $83.00 per month. To boost membership, they have a few months a year (January, September) when they waive the joiner fee, which is usually about $90 per month. Membership includes two pools, unlimited fitness classes, weight/cardio room, free babysitting, kids "X-arcade" area for older kids, plus discounts on program classes and before/after care at school. Probably more perks, but can't think of them right now.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I'm a member of the YMCA. The cost is $73 a month for family (5 of us), discounted to $64 because my 1st grader utilizes the YMCA after-school program.

This includes the daycare (w/big indoor climbing apparatus), weight room, all group classes (zumba, kickboxing, etc.), olympic size pool, sauna, hot tub, gymnasium, locks/lockers, as well as outdoor 1/4 mile track, soccer field, outdoor playground/jungle gym, and a bodyweight training area.Special classes like dance, karate, or swimming cost a little extra ($3-5 a week).
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    $28.50 per month. 24 hr access. Works great for me just wish we had a pool and indoor track.
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    FREE!!! I'm military and I work out at the base gym :)
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    $4 a month since I live in the city limits and it's the town rec department. It's small and old... I don't use it much at all because I have a treadmill at home, but hubby goes about 4 days a week to lift.
  • katiejneely
    Options
    I teach fitness classes, so my memberships are free now. BUT ....before I taught it was the absolute BEST $$ I spent a month. I used to think about it like this.....if I can afford to go out to eat, I can afford a gym membership. Then when things got tough $$ wise, I would stop eating out/going to movies, but I would NOT stop spending on my gym membership. Just my 2 cents!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I pay $20/year because that was part of my initial membership package ($800 for three years then cheapo forever) way back in the day...just bragging :tongue: