How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• JansterL
    JansterL Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness... $10 a month. Last year and this year....I got a coupon in the mail for $99 for an entire year.
    SOLD!

Planet Fitness was my first gym membership ($10 a month) many years ago. After a year.....I decided to go with LA Fitness. They have a pool, fitness classes, jacuzzi, raquetball courts, etc. They wanted to charge me $75 a month but I was able to *bargain* down to $25 a month. I used the Jacuzzi, the classes....but eventually.....stopped using all the extras.
    I went back to Planet Fitness for $8.25 a month (with member coupon).
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I pay $25 a month at LA Fitness...it's a new one that has the gym, pool, hot tub, sauna, racketball courts, basketball courts, and my favorite part a variety of classes all included...I absolutely love it...the pool and the variety of classes have definitely kept me interested so far. I was at Planet Fitness last year, but the lack of variety killed me, plus we were paying a ton extra for classes at other places, so this is great!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
  • got_BluEgo
    got_BluEgo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Use to workout at 24hr fitness but quickly switched to Planet Fitness since its literally down the street from my house and only $10 a month.
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    16 euro a month
  • andreacord
    Options
    10$ for an access card to my college fitness center. Not the greatest, but 10$ for a whole year is nothing. The one I would be going to is 40$ a month with access to the fitness center, aquatic center and drop in center and the one I go to in my hometown with fitness subsidy and student rate is 28$.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    FREE!!!!!

Of course it's the military base gym and doesn't have all the nice amenities that other gyms have. But it does have a large selection of treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, a few stair steppers, many weight machines, an indoor track, basketball court and classes. The one thing I really want them to have is child care but since they don't I have the feeling that I will be joining a real gym when we return to the States.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    ^^This. Free as well. I just have to 'pay' with my choice of employment.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    $35 a month: 24 hours, has a legit bumper plate station for clean and jerks, dumb bells go up to 200lbs (not that I'll be using those anytime soon lol).
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Holy crap I should own a gym. Some of you guys are willing to pay an arm and a leg for a membership. I only pay 19.99 a month...unlimited tanning...sauna (for woman guys one got ruined), unlimited classes and I can bring a guest for free all the time.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Holy crap I should own a gym. Some of you guys are willing to pay an arm and a leg for a membership. I only pay 19.99 a month...unlimited tanning...sauna (for woman guys one got ruined), unlimited classes and I can bring a guest for free all the time.

I looked into it, the start up is easily in the $200,000-$500,000 range.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Mine works out at about 16euro a month. Pool, some free classes, sauna, jacuzzi, heaps of machines, TV on each machine also.

I'd LOVE to own my own gym too. WOuld set up affiliate shops beside it too; supplements, clothing, physio, healthfod shop. Maybe one day when I win the lottery!
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    $125 I think, wife and I and both kids are included in that price. Lifetime Fitness, open 24 hours. No contract, to end membership only a month notice is required.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    The cheapest possible solution for me is $60/mo. And of course that would never do, because I'd have to sign up the whole family, for $114/mo. That is for a pool and weight room and some drop-in activities. Other activities, babysitting, etc. are extra.

Pam
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    $0.00!!!! I babysit at the gym child care center for 2 hours a week, and in return get free membership. That includes all classes, and babysitting for my own kids! Love it!
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    $32/month at Gold's Gym...no contract, and access to all locations.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I don't have one right now but...
    Our city rec center is 37 a month ( plus 2 dollars an hour a kid up to two hours a day a piece)
    OR there is a private gym by me that's 143 and that includes Childcare :-)
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through all the posts but in case someone hasn't mentioned it -

Check your local community centers for free access. My husband takes Judo for FREE at a community program & his Sensei is very qualified. One of our city owned gyms has an exercise center & so does our local community college. I also used to be a member of a gym at a Baptist Church in town. It was super cheap & they had a NICE indoor walking track & nice Nautilus equipment in their gym. You didn't have to be a member of the church to use it, just pay the reasonable fee. Plus I felt safe there going at night after work since it was a church & staffed.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I pay $26.72 a month for everything. And my insurance reenburse me $20.00. So it is only 6.72 out of my pocket. I have a 24hour access pass.!
  • hunibuni73
    hunibuni73 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Me and my hubby have a joint nhs peak membership, with unlimited use of the gym, pool and classes.
    All for £32 per month! Bargin!