ANy other shorties (5'0" to 5'5") on MFP

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• weezy1c
    Options
    I am 4'10" tall.I just joined,a few minutes ago.I am trying to get back to my "normal" weight of 98lbs. Until,about 12 years ago,that's what I weighed.I have been that weight,since I was 16y/o. After I met Tony,(my fiancee),I gained up to 129.A lot of people told me,that wasn't much weight,but I felt sluggish,tired,and didn't want to move,at all.And I agree,when you are as short as we are,it looks terrible,and you feel bad about yourself.
    I just found out(a week ago) I have high cholesterol(don't know the number,the doc.didn't give it to me),and I am trying to better myself.I have been all over the 'net,trying to find out,what I can do for it.The foods I can eat(after being able to eat what I want)Can someone give me some advice,Please? It would be muchly appreciated.
    I am 61 y/o,and I started taking Simvastatin( generic for Zocor) Weezy
  • THINk_kkaybbyx0
    Options
    5'2 currently 130 lbs trying to be 113 by 2013.

Feel free to add me! Im always here to offer encouragement & support!
  • trunkfish
    trunkfish Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I'm 5'2 and my target for middle of November is 112; currently 142. I'm here if anyone needs me.:happy:
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and currently 136, want to reach my goal of 120
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    5'4", currently 106. trying to lose my last 6. feel free to add.
  • jnuss90
    jnuss90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5' 0" and 176 hoping to get down to 125 by the end of the summer.
  • lqcookie
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and currently at 176. Hoping to be down at least thirty pounds by late spring.
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, currently 67kg (150 pounds), have already lost 5kg (11 pounds) and still have 10kg (22 pounds) left to lose till I reach my goal weight. I'm fairly new on MFP and am pretty active, so please feel free to add me - I'm Australian... I MUST be awesome ;) lol
  • Sweetdistraction
    Sweetdistraction Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    4'9 and 98.2 lbs. Goal is 88 lbs
  • she_lley2003
    Options
    5"4 currently 151 want to be down to 135........
  • LadyRooster
    LadyRooster Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5' even, 150lbs. Trying to get down to at least 110.
  • ALLIMJ6
    Options
    Hi.
    I am 5'1 and started out as a whopping 245lb; Its been two weeks and will be on week three on Monday. My goal weight is170lbs and so far I have lost 3lbs ????. Hopefully when the warmth of Spring comes I will be a size 14 or 12(currently I am a size 18). Feel free to add me. Good luck everyone!
  • ElsieSailsTheSea
    Options
    5'5 and 18!<3
    Goal is 108 lbs, currently at 115!
  • Garnetbaby83
    Options
    Im 5' even
    Currently 198 or 192 depending on whose scale you are looking at mine or the doctors respectively
    Goal is to lose 45- 48 lbs by April
    If IVF fails then goal is to get down to 125 but really really want to just get down to 150 for IVF to work.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit shorter, I'm 4ft 10in and I currently weigh 101.4lbs, my goal weight is 92lbs.
    Feel free to add me:)
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    All the shorties in the house go woot woot! :happy:

I'm 4'11" and very rarely meet anyone shorter than me unless they're an actual dwarf/little person. I'm at 138 down from 157 at my heaviest.. want to get down in the 120s again and I'm getting there. :bigsmile:

I've set my daily calories to 750 which I lose weight if I stick with that, if I get closer to 1000 calories in a day I only maintain.
    that is why i almost never fead the shorties tread. This is barely enought calories for my cat. How about not messing with your metabolism? I am 4'11" and i usually eat between 1500 and 1700 calories a day. Right now i am doing 1300 to undo some of the holydays weight gain lol. Eating too little is the best way to lose muscle mass
    Kind of shocked at the reply to my post above where I say that at 4'11" tall I've found from using MFP that if I keep between 750 to 1000 calories max I don't gain. Over 1000 calories a day and I do begin to gain. I've learned what works for my body that way.

OMG if I ate 1500 to 1700 calories a day I'd be HUGE, a serious beach ball. Been there, done that, don't need to do it anymore. If this person is the same height as me at *that* many calories they must be much bigger boned, I have a very small frame.

I've seen people react strongly before to how low my calories are but I'm super healthy, I exercise every day, have plenty of energy, I have never had an eating disorder, I eat great, lots of fresh locally grown veggies and home cooked food. I've never been more than 40 lbs overweight and that's only happened a couple of times in my life for fairly brief periods and every time I was heavy and gaining it was at a time when I was consuming 1200 to 1500 calories in a day.

So personally I think it's kind of rude for someone to judge me on what works for my body. If it doesn't work for you fine, but to say I don't eat enough for a cat is ridiculous, I eat PLENTY!

I agree--it is rude. There are too many variables here in age, frame size, muscle mass, activity level (and sometimes we can't control how much exercise our bodies can handle. Yes we can improve, but there are people with health conditions, etc. I am thankful that I don't have to deal with that!)

So, when I respond to these posts, I almost never use numbers! I can't take the criticism. All I know is that "eating more to lose" doesn't work for me. I just gain!!!! I do try to improve muscle mass, etc,with strenght training and I am very conscious of undereating, but the truth of the matter is that some of us gals just can't eat as much without gaining (especially after 40). I followed the "eat more to lose" idea for about 4 months, and now I am having to lose the 7 lbs I GANED. You can't deny the numbers on the scale. (And for all you who are going to say--"it's probably muscle, you probably lost inches", no I didn't. Gained those too!!!)