Replies

• Gordon_L
    Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
    Options
    Did I ever tell you I love short women?
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I mostly wear flats, I have friends who are 6' and wear heels. Wear what you want!
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5'9", and have in the past struggled with this same issue of wearing heels or not. Before my weight loss, I felt like a complete elephant in heels (you see, my favorite heels are around 4 1/2" heels). Now that I have legs and an *kitten* that look amazing in yoga pants, I've ventured into wearing the heels again. Only problem is finding a man tall enough. Yes, the man has to still be at least two inches taller when I wear my heels...
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    *Does calculations* nope would be about the same height as you...
  • blueeyesgrace
    Options
    Bummer! Sometimes I make exceptions...
  • Benjinkan
    Options
    If I wore my new rocks I'd add an inch or so... ;)
  • blueeyesgrace
    Options
    Typical boots with a buckaroo heel add about 2"...
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    5'10" in bare feet, 6'+ in heels. WEAR ALL THE HEELZ. It's fun to be eye-to-eye with most men.
  • DavidFitFocus
    Options
    I'm 5'8" have dated in the distant past women who were taller even before heels. I say, if you've got it, flaunt it! It never bothered me for her to tower over me. Of course, we were the same height laying down. Just sayin'
  • Benjinkan
    Options
    Of course, we were the same height laying down. Just sayin'

:mrgreen:

• kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    5'10 and I love my heels on occasion. I am clumsy, so I don't wear them too often, but I rock them when I do. My boyfriend is the same height as me, so I tower over him, too, when I do. :P

It used to make me uncomfortable being taller than people around me, especially in heels, but now it gives me confidence. Do what feels good, but don't go without just because of what other people might think. I've had quite a few people tell me they wish they were my height in heels, but some tell me I look like Godzilla. But hey, Godzilla was a beast.
  • silverbeam22
    silverbeam22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 feet and never really had the nerves to use heels (other than a few special occasions). I now realise I had unsupportive friends and boyfriends growing up who told me not to. This thread had made me feel much better so thanks everyone!
  • DavidFitFocus
    Options
    If you've got it flaunt it and date guys who are secure about their own stuff!
  • blueeyesgrace
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you've got it flaunt it and date guys who are secure about their own stuff!

@ silverbeam Yes! Flaunt it if you have it! Don't ever let anyone make you feel inferior - we were all created different, and we have to love and flaunt everything about ourselves. Hard lesson I had to learn a long time ago, but well worth it!
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 9" and i run in to the same problem lol.. i dont feel comfortable in heels but they hurt my feet anyways!! So i dont mind at all :) If you can rock it dont stop it!
  • _monicagarner
    _monicagarner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Omg you're fine :) I'm 5'9 and i wear 5 inch heels sometimes, embrace your inner Victoria Secret and own it! :)
  • Blainey93
    Options
    I've been 5'11'' since I was 16 and it hasn't stopped me wearing heels! Granted, I'm very, very aware of people looking at my height, because they do, but at the end of the day, all you can do is OWN it. ;)
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Rock those heels and to heck with anyone who doesn't like it! ;)
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and love wearing heels. I think they make us tall women look even leaner and leggier, which I think most men appreciate. DavidFitFocus sure does - thank you, sir! ;)
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and wear 3 inch heels almost every day...4 inches on occasion. I just look better in them. And I love being able to see over other people, especially in crowded subways. I always feel sorry for short people stuck with their face in somebody's armpit. That never happens to me.