Options

Replies

• Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ill be starting week 3 tomorrow!
  • nailed479
    Options
    I'm also a Turbo junkie!!!! Anything with Chalene :)
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Pretty good morning. TF HIIT 25 and CE Burn Two. No change on the scale this morning, so that was disappointing. I need to examine my food journal. I'll keep pressing on and I hope you do too. Have a great day!
  • coachreyes
    Options
    I completed TF Wk 3 this morning with 55 EZ. Of course, if you follow me you know that's my favorite workout out of all the TF workouts. Certainly would love to hear from more of you who are doing TF.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!

I recently started TurboFire as well. I haven't been following a week by week schedule as provided, but I pretty much have. When it says to move up to a new level I do usually. My housemate and I have been doing TF about 5 times a week, not 6 yet unfortunately. I started on 01/15.. my schedule so far has been:

1/15: 30 min of fire45 (my housemate borrowed the fire 30, and I wasn't ready to do the full 45 bc I just started, so I just did the first 30 min)
    rest day
    1/17: fire 30
    1/18: Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 pack (thrown in, similar idea but with more crunches and less cardio)
    1/19: HIIT 15
    1/20: Fire 30
    rest day
    1/22: went skiing all day lol
    rest day
    1/24: Fire45
    1/25: Fire 30
    1/26: Fire 45
    1/27: Fire 30

Today.. not sure yet maybe HIIT or Fire45.
    I'm going to try and get on a more strict schedule. Anyways it'd be great to connect with other people doing TF because I don't know anyone on MFP yet and I'd love to be more involved in the community!!

7618750.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Great job sticking with it itpbr10!

In case you haven't joined - and to anyone else still checking on this thread - join the Group here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1946-turbo-fire-newbie-buddies

I know a couple of us are doing an every other day check in of our TF workouts here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/450281-anyone-wanna-do-every-other-day-with-me
  • coachreyes
    Options
    I started week 5 today with TF 55 EZ. I have been evaluating my calorie burns throughout the first nine weeks. It looks like I burn more calories per minute with TF 30 than any of the other workouts. I seem to burn less with TF 55 EZ. I guess I'll need to step it up here. The HIIT workouts are equivalent, so I'm glad to see that consistency.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. Hope you don't mind if I join in:flowerforyou:

This is my first week of TF. I completed the program last year, so this is my second time through. I have had to learn to modify most of the workouts though. Last year, I tried to keep up with all the jumping and ended up with fractured shins (ouch) that took forever to heal! I don't want to go through that again.

The funny part is that I burn just about the same calories without all that jumping:happy: I have a Body Media armband and can't imagine working out without it!

TF 55 this morning, I know that is your favorite Coach! I think I will swap that next time for my favorite TF60. Like you, I burn more during the TF 30 than any of the others.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Amy
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Be Light- I am glad you are on this thread. I had quite the day myself. I did 55 EZ before school and I complete CE Push Circuit One after track practice. I decided to look at my log for the last year to evaluate my calorie burn. MFP keeps it for 365 days. I love my Bodymedia. I try to see if I can beat my records all the time. :smile:
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Good Morning!

TF 30 was on my schedule, but I wanted a bigger burn, so TF 45 it was, nice burn 426.

Coach, thank you for inviting me. Do you have the display device for your armband?? I'm totally addicted to hitting each goal so the alarm goes off! It is amazing how just a few extra 15 minutes walks can really bring the daily calorie burn total up.

Hope everyone has a great day ~ TGIF!
  • coachreyes
    Options
    I don't have the display device, but now you have me wanting it, just so I can hear the alarm.:laugh:

The one goal I try to reach is my MET range on physical activity. I am always amazed at my sleep proficiency too. I quit watching tv in bed because I don't want to throw that off as "laying down".

We have a female coach at my school who is leading classes with our female teachers. They do different classes like Brazilian Butt Lift, Turbo Fire and other BB workouts. She introduced TF 30 to the class last week and they quit after 10 minutes. Her motivation to them was that I could do TF. Now they are begging me to join them. Unfortunately I have track practice after school but I'm going to join them next Friday, so I'll have to get my game face on. I just don't want the other male faculty members giving me a hard time. :smile:

Let's keep this thread going and hopefully others will join us. Have a great day.
  • weber62
    Options
    I am on the Lean month of the Turbo Fire - Chalene Extreme hybrid schedule. I love turbo fire. You can add me if you want.
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am doing a tribrid with Turbo Fire, Insanity, and Chalean Extreme. I call it Fire & Ice. LOL. Anyway, you can add me if you like.

Have a great Friday!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    I am doing a tribrid with Turbo Fire, Insanity, and Chalean Extreme. I call it Fire & Ice. LOL.
    :laugh: :laugh: I like that!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    We have a female coach at my school who is leading classes with our female teachers. They do different classes like Brazilian Butt Lift, Turbo Fire and other BB workouts. She introduced TF 30 to the class last week and they quit after 10 minutes. Her motivation to them was that I could do TF. Now they are begging me to join them. Unfortunately I have track practice after school but I'm going to join them next Friday, so I'll have to get my game face on. I just don't want the other male faculty members giving me a hard time. :smile:

No way they can give you a hard time if people are quitting after 10 minutes!! Just be sure to mention that your favorite workout is TF 55 minutes!:tongue: and you kill it !
  • coachreyes
    Options
    I think I'll wear gloves for good measure.:smile:

Just Kidding. I'm glad our faculty is working out. We have a group that have renovated an old wt room into a fitness room and it is being put to good use. I am presenting a flyer which includes MFP and Shakeology.

I should also mention that I am also doing the CE lifting circuits. I am following the TF schedule and then lifting 3 days a week.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Today's my rest day but I did HIIT 30 and Push Circuit Two. I haven't done HIIT 30 in a long time. I like this workout and it could easily become my favorite workout. It's gonna be a great day so I think I'll get some yard work done before I take my wife out for dinner. I hope you have a great weekend.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Still hoping more friends will jump on this thread. Today was TF 30 and I tried to put a little extra into it today. I need to finish some stuff up in the yard and it is bitter cold. I am on week five of TF and that is the beginning of 3 wks of cardio.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Started off the week with 55 EZ. Tonight I'll do Push Circuit 3. This may have been the best workout I've ever had with 55, so I'm excited about that.

I am going to really clean up my eating for the next couple of weeks. Looking at my food logs I notice I take in way too much sodium. That will be my challenge, along with eating more vegetables.

Have a great week!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Always an inspiration Coach!

I think most people are over at the group section of this. I find the regular community pages easier to follow though:tongue:

Fire 30 this morning for me, what a way to start a week! Tomorrow will be HIIT 20, which, for right now anyways, I am still recalling fondly. We shall see how I feel after actually doing it!

Busy at work, so there is not much time to check in during the week for me.

Happy Monday!