Looking for Turbo Fire Buddies

Options

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Coach, HIIT and Lean should totally get your metabolism revved up!

Fire 45 today, that is a tough one. I did realize that I have no idea what the words are to the first 2 songs, even after over a year:laugh: , but at least I know the moves!

My display device was showing that I was burning 9.3 calories per minute during most of that workout, nice.......have to love the after burn effect of TF.

And you really hit it with this:
    Sometimes you just have to be patient and experiment with your diet.

I am so glad it is almost Friday! It's been a tough week at work.

Happy Thursday :)
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    TJ Cardio Party 2 this morning. Love that one, and Chalene's comment "what the stomachs" cracks me up every time!

8.5 was my calorie per minute average for that one, not too shabby!

Happy Friday everyone!
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    After a long day and night last night I slept in today. I am taking a rest day today and will resume workouts tomorrow. I also get a chance to see my daughter compete in softball tonight.

I had a 3 lb weight loss this week and was ready to jump into another workout, but I reminded myself that it's not alway bad to utilize the rest day. It's more of a mental health day as well.

TGIF and don't forget to Push Play!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing Week 12 this week! I am in so much better shape. I will be measuring on Sunday. I know for a fact that my thighs and calves are smaller.

Now my question is: Do I start over with Week 1? Where do I go from here? Opinions welcome, please.
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm in finishing week 10 and was wondering the same. I think I might do either C25K or the CX/Turbo Fire hybrid
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    I'm finishing Week 12 this week! I am in so much better shape. I will be measuring on Sunday. I know for a fact that my thighs and calves are smaller.

Now my question is: Do I start over with Week 1? Where do I go from here? Opinions welcome, please.

Have you considered ordering the advanced set? I have those and love them! TF 60 is the best (in my opinion):flowerforyou:
  • coachreyes
    Options

Have you considered ordering the advanced set? I have those and love them! TF 60 is the best (in my opinion):flowerforyou:

I'm with Be Light. If you think the first 12 weeks was fun you'll love the Advanced Workouts. HIIT 30 is an awesome workout.

The other option is the TF/CE hyrbrid. I was going to try the hybrid but I didn't think I would get enough cardio. Personally, I am doing the first 12 weeks of TF in the AM and then I do CE 3 times a week in the PM. I will try to post the workout I have followed since Jan 1. So far I have lost 21 lbs in 8 weeks.

Of course, the other options are to do Insanity, P90x, etc. Personally I enjoy TF and although I am doing Round Two I am still getting better at it and at increasing my intensity.

What a great week I've had. According to my Bodymedia I have set my 3 highest calorie burns this week alone. Thursday I set my highest level of physical activity as well.

I hope you all have a great weekend.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    What a great week I've had. According to my Bodymedia I have set my 3 highest calorie burns this week alone. Thursday I set my highest level of physical activity as well.
    I love when that little alert shows up while syncing my armband ~ 3 in one week is amazing! Congratulations Coach, you have earned it!

TF 60 this morning, minus a 9 minute skip on the dvd:angry: I have cleaned the DVD and am hoping it will work again since it is my all time favorite:sad: :cry:

Happy Saturday!
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Must be a bad week for DVD's. My CE skipped during Lean Circuit 2. It went back to the beginning. I ended up skipping to the next chapter and was able to continue the workout. I got in HIIT 15 tonight after a drive back from the beach.

People are so funny. Last night we were walking to dinner and some girls were wearing micro mini's. It was freezing cold out to. Then today we went to the Tanger Outlets and girls are walking around in short shorts. Believe me, it's still cold out so at least people watching was a success. Oh well, I had a little break, a great dinner and now I'm ready for a great week.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Maybe we are wearing them out Coach!

TF 30 this morning, I must admit it was not with much umph, but I did it!

Happy Monday!
    People are so funny. Last night we were walking to dinner and some girls were wearing micro mini's. It was freezing cold out to. Then today we went to the Tanger Outlets and girls are walking around in short shorts.
    I see the teenagers around here wearing shorts all year round, even when it is in the 20's outside! Not sure what is going on, I do know that my Mom would have never let us out of the house like that!:tongue::noway:
  • coachreyes
    Options
    I slept in this morning as I'm trying to catch up on my sleep. I have a light day planned so I'll do 55 EZ this afternoon. It's my favorite workout so I know I'll get it in and I have something to look forward to. I do enjoy working out first thing in the morning though, so I'll get back into the routine tomorrow. The warm weather is back so that's encouraging and I'm making plans to golf this weekend. :smile:

I hope you all have a great start to the week.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Had to update from this morning. I did 55 EZ this afternoon. Have to admit it was hard coming inside with the weather a little warmer and the extra daylight. I 'll be back in the morning.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Fire 55 this morning, with the window open! It was actually already 58˚ outside here in NY, unheard of, I love it! 60's all week (30's at night, but that's okay, I'll be sleeping then:tongue: ).

I really enjoy Fire 55 this morning, first time with my new glasses, who know that Chalene has only 2 arms:laugh: :laugh: And only having 2 fire drills in the middle of the workout, priceless.

Happy Tuesday!
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Just as I promised I'm back in the AM. I love getting my workouts done before school. It gives me the energy to get through the day. Today was HIIT 20. This is one of my least favorite HIIT workouts. I can't seem to get the calorie burn as the others. I combined it with CE Lean Circuit 3 and that is a really good workout. I am having trouble with my CE DVD though and that is aggravating me at the moment.

Great job Be Light. 2 fire drills and 2 finales make this a great workout. It's supposed to be near the 80's this week in SC. I'm not getting to use my fireplace much this winter.

Have a great day!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Fire 45EZ this morning, nothing easy about it! It is the one that I have to modify the most though, so much jumping. Still a nice 420 burn and I love the finale in that one.

Happy Hump Day!
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Great job Be Light. I like 45 EZ a little bit more each time. This morning I did TF 30. I felt really good and attacked this workout this morning. I think I may have set another record on my MET Range on the bodymedia. I'm going to look back at the other times I did TF 30 to compare. I'm not really sure how I feel about the HIIT weeks. I know the HIIT workout will help with my cardio overall, but I like the feeling of doing cardio daily.

I will be in Florida in 21 days, so I need to keep these workouts going strong. It's been in the 80's here so it's been pleasant to be at track practice each afternoon. I'm actually kinda spoiled to this weather.

Have a great day!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    What do you think of the new "nagging" part of Body Media? The one that tells you to ride a bike if they think your calorie burn is too low? I like it and find it almost to be a challenge when it tells me I will be under my calorie goal for the day!
  • coachreyes
    Options
    What do you think of the new "nagging" part of Body Media? The one that tells you to ride a bike if they think your calorie burn is too low? I like it and find it almost to be a challenge when it tells me I will be under my calorie goal for the day!

I like it. I like it more when it tells me good job staying below your calories, etc. :smile:
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    I totally love it when it tells me I'm on Fire:happy:
  • coachreyes
    Options
    HIIT 20 and Lean Circuit One this morning. According to my bodymedia I hit the Vigorous Activity higher during HIIT 15. I have HIIT 25 coming up so I'll be interested to see what I hit on that. I think the bodymedia has been a HUGE bonus in my journey. It is really motivating and I love to beat my "best" each time.

I have TF 45 on the schedule tomorrow but the ladies at school want to do TF 30. Decisions, decisions.

Oh well, have a great day!