SWaT-January Walk with Leslie Sansone workouts

Options

Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Started yesterday, goal for 60 (see if I make it)

Wednesday - 4 miles
    Thursday - 3 miles + 1 mile (2 workouts)

Total - 8 miles
  • KimA1
    KimA1 Posts: 47
    Options
    Did the 5 Really Big Miles DVD again today and with my heart rate monitor I burned 652 calories! LOVE it!
  • cunnine
    cunnine Posts: 52
    Options
    Hello all.

omg harder then I thouoght. did 3 miles 1/4 and 2 miles today

total 5miles.
  • AnnieDrews
    Options
    Hi gang! Was running late this morning but still got in the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk w/ 1# weights.

11 miles this week!!

I am going to try to get in at least one workout this weekend.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've done 12 miles since Monday, but only using the last 8 in my 60 mile count. Still pretty good. I may take tomorrow off and do pilates and yoga instead. Legs are a lil sore LOL.

Personally, I log the dvd as walking 4mph. If i do my whole 4 big miles dvd it gives me about 340 calories burned.

Does anyone else do this dvd. I bought it and it said on the back info. it would talk about the walkers success stories and even gives 3 ppl weight loss, but they never do talk about it. Also, she goes on and on about burning off a meal and how high the calorie burn is, but she never tells you wat it is. She says " if u eat this many calories ur probably overeating". I'm just curious if anyone know or maybe i'm missing something.

I have this DVD - it's from the Walk Slim series. I think the weight loss stories are on a different DVD from the same Walk Slim series. I've rented a bunch of Leslie's in the past from Netflix .... I think I did see weight loss stories on a different DVD.

Leslie has another series where she called Walk, Eat & Lose. From this series ...... her "mini walks" (1 mile each) are supposed to burn off a snack. Her 2 mile workout is supposed to burn off breakfast - the 3 mile ..... lunch and the 4 mile ..... dinner. Not very scientific - but I can get the calorie counts from the "meal plans" in this set and post them here. I got my set at Wal-Mart (waaaay cheaper than QVC).
  • slporter3
    Options
    Hi! I'm so glad I found this thread. I love, love, LOVE Leslie Sansone DVDs. It is the one exercise that I do not dread and I love to do. This morning I was so incredibly fatigued that all I could muster was 1 mile of the 5 Fat Burning Miles DVD. I figure it is better than absolutely nothing. My evening is too jam packed to do any more exercise tonight and going out of town this weekend. Take care ~ everyone have a great weekend. :)
  • nwkirk03
    Options
    :smile: walked another fast five miles today for 85 mins
  • nwkirk03
    Options
    :smile: so the total walking for this week is 25 miles
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I hope its not too late for me to join! I just went out today and bought two of Leslie Sansone's video. I bought "Walk Slim fast & firm! 4 really big miles" and "5 mile fat burning walk". I did 3 miles of the 5, and absolutely loved it! I can't wait til tomorrow to do more! Lol Since I started a little late I'll say my goal for the month of January is 50 miles. I'm so happy I found this thread, I need all the motivation I can get!
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a walking group. I have Leslie Sansone's 5 Mile Fat Burning DVD. My Goal for January is 60 miles. I already started.

Goal: 60 miles

1/3 – 2.5 miles
    1/4 – 3 miles
    1/5 – 2.5 miles
    1/6 – 4 miles (two separate 2 mile sessions)

Total – 12/60
  • nwkirk03
    Options
    i have wii fit plus and i love it, it is a great and fun way to work out
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a walk in yesterday because I had an appointment and then we had company. I decided to just switch my rest day (Sunday) to Friday this time around.
    I've been following the Walking Calendar at the Walk Club website in preparation for the challenge that starts on Monday on Leslie's FB page. The challenge looks like it is 4 and 5 miles most days.
    Good thing they are broken up much of the time! My poor old knee can only take about 3 miles at a time so I have to break them up anyway!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,218 Member
    Options
    167 minutes/720 minutes.
    Recumbent bike and strength training-lower body today.

I missed two days of exercise this week but was able to make my weekly goal:smile:

Jenny
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    1/6- 3 miles
    1/7- 6 miles- did 4 miles with Leslie Sansone and since its actually warm here in Ohio for Jan.(in the 40's and no snow, yay!) I took my dog, Brewster, for a 2 mile walk.

Total 9 miles...only 41 miles to go this month! :)
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Goal: 60 Miles

1/3 – 2.5 miles
    1/4 – 3 miles
    1/5 – 2.5 miles
    1/6 – 4 miles (two separate 2 mile sessions)
    1/7 – 3 miles

Total – 15/60
  • cunnine
    cunnine Posts: 52
    Options
    Loving lLeslie,

1/4 3 miles
    1/5 2miles
    1/6 3miles
    1/7 5miles total ; 13miles

no walking tomorrow legs need a rest. LOL
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    So nice out today, I walked outside.

1/4 - 4 miles
    1/5 - 3 miles + 1 mile (2 workouts)
    1/6 - no walk
    1/7 - 3 miles

Total - 11 miles
  • doriday
    doriday Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My weekly total was only 5 miles this week so I will have to do better next week. The end of the week left me in a weird tired funk. So hopefully I can get some walking in on Sunday. I am impressed with how hard everyone is working toward their goals.
  • KimA1
    KimA1 Posts: 47
    Options
    I did 15 miles this week. Tomorrow starts the January Challenge from Leslie's blog.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Walked 2 miles yesterday and will do a Walk Belt 2 mile video today unless it is nice out, in which case I will be walking outside!