Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Mix it into soup- like tomato or carrot (steam or roast carrots, add broth, use immersion blender to turn it into awesome easy soup). Makes the soup creamy. Add it after cooking is done bc some curdle.
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've tried stirring fruit into plain greek but I don't like it. I love several flavors of the 140 calorie Chobani or the 90 cal containers of flavored Stonyfield. I eat greek yogurt everyday as part of my breakfast.
  • mbar12
    mbar12 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    1 serving Fage 0% + 1/2 Mashed Banana + a couple Crushed Nilla Wafers + sweetner to taste = Banana Pudding
    1/2 serving Fage% + 1 container Vanilla Carbmaster (@ Krogers) + 1 serving Pumpkin Puree+ Cinnamon to taste+ Sweetner to taste = Creamy Pumpkin Pudding
    1 serving Fage 0% + any flavor container Carbmaster = flavored, thin downed protein rich yogurt
    I like that you used greek yogurt plus the carbmaster in this - gives the low carbs, the sweetness, plus the high protein
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm just not a fan of yogurt in general. But I do like greek yogurt in place of sour cream. I haven't tried it, but it does sound like it would work well with smoothies.

I do have a recipe for greek yogurt that I'm kind of addicted to:
    1 cup greek yogurt
    1 tbsp canned pumpkin
    Pumpkin pie spice
    Artificial sweetener of your choice

So yummy! It's like pumpkin pie without the calories and with a lot of protein. :love:
  • kellyc3
    kellyc3 Posts: 95
    Options
    Bump
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    If you are canadian try danone oikos greek yogurt it is good stuff.
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys!! I am getting some more tomorrow! I have saw chobani and fage at my grocery store I know so I will try those and with all the suggestions surely I will find something that I like!
  • btflmami
    btflmami Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought the Fage 0% Strawberry/Goji and I mixed in a small apple and slivered almonds..It was delicious!
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I agree on the Chobani flavored yogurt. It took me a little bit to get used to the consistency compared to regular yogurt. I like the Chobani brand because it has the fruit in it as well.

I love all of them except the pomegranate...those dang seeds make eating yogurt like eating sunflower seeds!
  • sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% (don't worry about a little fat -- it's worth it in this yummy/incredible yogurt). i will put a few drops of honey or liquid stevia for sweetness at times. almost always throw in a few nuts and fruit. YUM. very high in protein for the cals also.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I make Tzatziki with it and eat it with pita chips. Yum!
  • nanaangie42
    nanaangie42 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This sounds so good that I am going to have to try this for breakfast. Thank you for sharing.
  • nanaangie42
    nanaangie42 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love anything pumpkin. This is another idea I will be trying.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I really liked Chobani until I tried Fage Still like Chobani but love Fage!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I've started eating my honey flavored Greek yogurts mixed with a half serving of granola. I have found I am not hungry for a snack mid-morning if I have yogurt with granola for breakfast.

I've tried Chobani, Yoplait, Lucerne, Open Harvest, and Oikos so far - honey is so amazing that I haven't felt the need to branch out into the other flavors. Open Harvest (Von's brand) is my favorite right now.
  • morgiedoll333
    morgiedoll333 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat Chobani plain greek yogurt and put in a 1/4 teaspoon of sugar-free jello powder.

It's the best thing in the world. Adds so much flavor with no sugar, fat, and basically no calories. LOVE!
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ok guys I got several different flavors at the store and the 1st one I tried was Chobani pineapple and I really really liked it!! Yay!! Hopefully I will like the others too.. Thanks so much you guys are the best!!
  • annabelleshadow
    annabelleshadow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try any Chobani flavored yogurt; very high in protein & non-fat. Or, use plain Chobani flavored with jam/ fresh fruit/granola.
  • Bloodclot2011
    Options
    I love it with honey or a really good low fat jam of your liking.
    But if you need more, for a cool treat try caramel ice cream topping or chocolate to get used to eating it. You can ween off the flavour after having it for awhile when you get used to it.
  • Joy_ofwtloss50
    Joy_ofwtloss50 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I make my own greek yogurt....line a small colander with basket type coffee filter and pour 16 oz container of plain nonfat yogurt. I usually use Dannon.. Place over abowl to catch liquid and put in frig overnight or a day or two depending on how thick you like it. 4 cups reg yogurt makes about 3 cups of greek. I add fresh fruit but ther are lots of other good ideas listed here,