Where was your honeymoon?

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
My finance and I were talking about ours last night. I would LOVE to go to northern Ireland, but he has no interest. He wants to go to Switzerland, but I wasn't too big on that. Eventually we came to a compromise with places we both want to go: staying mainly in Vienna, and visiting Munich, Prauge, and Zurich. Where did everyone here honeymoon?

Replies

• Nicktemt
    Options
    We were thinking about the Bahamas. I get a pretty decent Military discount through Sandals.com.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Niagra Falls, Canada
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    cruise to the bahamas....it wasn't that awesome. Too much poverty and cosumerism for me to enjoy it.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Phuket, Thailand
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    We delayed our honeymoon, and in the end decided to have a trip to Japan a year later. It was definitely worth it :)
  • MrsDinkley
    Options
    Niagara Falls, in Canada.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hawaii
  • FindingTotalHealth
    Options
    Seattle, Washington - 1 year later. It is one of my favorite cities ever and it was wonderful.
  • RhondaRowsell
    RhondaRowsell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We drove across Canada ( we were moving) with my father. And, we were very broke, so we all three shared a motel room every night.

Worst honeymoon ever.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    We never took one. We put a down payment on our first house and still live here today. Of course, that was 15 years ago and we are now taking the time to visit Playa del Carmen, Mexico each spring to make up for not going on a real honeymoon. It also helps that we don't have a mortgage payment anymore either. :)
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Lake Garda, Italy. I loved it. Our hotel room was overlooking the lake. It was very romantic
  • vtempes
    vtempes Posts: 47
    Options
    We got married and honeymooned in Runaway Bay, Jamaica. Loved it!
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    Rome, but we did a day trip to Florence & it was much more romantic. We will stay there when we go back.
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Seaside, Oregon
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Tasmania in Australia. I was too young (20) to drive our hire car! April so the weather was cuddly cold.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Santa Fe NM lol
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    Haven't taken one yet for monetary reasons, but when we go, we're going to Scotland. We've been married a little over a year now. I've been to Vienna and Prague though...such lovely cities!! Hope you will love them as much as I did! (I would gladly take Ireland or Switzerland, too!)
  • kristimartiny
    Options
    My honeymoon was to Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea and Huahine....gorgeous....not married anymore ...lol but was beautiful My sister and her hubby just got back from Ireland, they loved it. I have been to Switzerland, love Lucerne and Zurich. Austria and Germany were beautiful also...:) Happy Honeymooning!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Saint Louis MO. the arch and the zoo were some of the main attractions. Hannibel MO and toured all of the Mark Twain historic places. We then spent some time in the Amana Colonies in IA. The culture was interesting and the food delicious.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    We kept it simple and low-key: we enjoyed the northern parts of New Hampshire in the heart of Mount Washington Valley. We got married and honeymooned in North Woodstock, NH... was an outdoor wedding, catered by me and we had cabins available for people who wanted to stay the weekend and did some drinking. We even had wedding crashers too!

We went up Cannon Mountain hiking together and enjoyed the scenery..

Small, simple and intimate...