Where was your honeymoon?

Options

Replies

• SuzyQq02
    SuzyQq02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hawaii, the Big Island for 5 days and Oahu for 3. Aside from the VERY long flight from the east coast, it was amazing. We got to visit Pearl Harbor on Veterans Day, it was awesome.
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    We went to Disney World!
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Big Bear, California :)
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Las Vegas - we were there for a whole week - perhaps a bit too long in Las Vegas! lol. We had a lot of fun, though, and didn't lose our shirts, so I guess all was well. We did our fifth anniversary in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada) and plan to do a trip in another few years either through central Europe or in northern India.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in August. We are doing a very affordable excellent 18 day trip through Chinaspree.com. If you are considering China, check out that website. I've searched and searched reviews and everyone says they have a wonderful time and can't believe the price or 5 star hotels that they stay in.

I've been to Prague. It was so cute and romantic. When I went to prague we booked our own trip through expedia. We explored Poland (salt mines & Concentration camps) then took a train to Prague. You can do a day trip to Germany from Prague if you want. They have a restaurant near the Castle that is called Three Violins. We ate there every day, it was unbelievably fresh affordable and good :)
  • lab31
    lab31 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fletcher, NC at Barkwells. Each cabin has dog bed, dog bowl, dog door, fenced in yard. The entire property is also fenced in. We could visit different areas of the mountains and leave the dogs at the cabin, or take them to parks with us.
    I want to go back!
  • Leapy75
    Options
    New Zealand!
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Asheville, North Carolina was our first honeymoon

Caneel Bay, Virgin Islands was our second honeymoon for our 10 years together.

Getting close to 20 years together, and I am feeling Slovenia!
  • kellyc3
    kellyc3 Posts: 95
    Options
    Aruba, awesome place!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    My finance and I were talking about ours last night. I would LOVE to go to northern Ireland, but he has no interest. He wants to go to Switzerland, but I wasn't too big on that. Eventually we came to a compromise with places we both want to go: staying mainly in Vienna, and visiting Munich, Prauge, and Zurich. Where did everyone here honeymoon?

I'm from Northern Ireland, so this made me smile :flowerforyou: I got married 6 years ago and we STILL haven't been on our honeymoon!:sad:

We plan to go to Japan when we can afford to.

Oh you're so lucky! My family is Irish (Begley) so I would love to be the first one in a long time to be there.
    We were thinking about somewhere in Asia too! We thought about Vietnam but we weren't sure it'd be in the best condition, safety wise.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    We couldn't afford a honeymoon. :sad: BUT, we're planning a trip (fishing, beach, relaxing) to North Carolina next June (two & a half years after the wedding).
    Oh no :( but at least you'll get one eventually. Were having a very small, cheap wedding and going all out for the.honeymoon :)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Antalya, Turkey :) It was beautiful!
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    we took a cruise out of Galveston, Texas and went to Cancun, Cozumel, Belize and Honduras. the best time of my life.
    would like to go to several places people mentioned here.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Bermuda :-)
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    At our house in our bed. Woo. :ohwell:
  • 1prettysmile
    Options
    We were thinking about the Bahamas. I get a pretty decent Military discount through Sandals.com.

We went to Sandals in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. It was unforgettable! We didn't want to come home. We had eloped in the Seattle area, so we renewed our vows at Sandals too. We did get a 10% military discount in addition to other savings. Our Sandals travel agent got us some great perks as well. The butler service is worth the extra! Best of all, it is ALL-INCLUSIVE... food, drinks, entertainment!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    The one night at the Motel 6 down the street?
    Or the weekend he slept through Fort Bragg, CA?
    Or the weekend we spent shopping for our kids and driving around saying "where do you wanna go" "idk, where do you wanna go"?
    Or the weekend we went to San Fransisco and drove around saying "where do you wanna go" "idk what do you wanna do" "idk I need to find a bathroom" due to his kidney stones.
    Or the weekend my mom watched our kids so we could spend the weekend doing whatever and ended out dealing with his drama friends?
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Mactan Island

My Honeymoon was here......

http://plantationbay.com/
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    San Diego, California. We also had a day trip to Tijuana. My dh carried me across the threshold wearing a Sombrero.:wink:

I have been to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Niagra Falls, Canada as well vacationing. Want to return to both places!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Aruba, oh how I want to go back. That was 12 years and 4 kids ago :smile: