Boycotting fast food for 2012 .... Who's in ???

Options

Replies

• theboyers1771
    theboyers1771 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!
  • JaneDoughSanAntonio
    Options
    I'm in! I eat out WAY too much. I was already planning to give up fast food, soda (including diet) and delivery pizza this year. My rule is, if I have to go inside the restaurant to get it (because there is no drive-in), then it is not fast food. The costs are too high, both monetarily and health-wise. I am also limiting eating out to one meal a week ... my goal is to prepare all my own food. Let's do it!
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Ha . . . I'm in! Haven't seen the inside of a fast food joint in years. I made the choice many years ago to never eat that crap:wink: .
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat chick fil a nuggets at least once a month I might die.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I can't boycott Fast Food in 2012, because that implies I have been eating fast food and I haven't had any for over eight months. I didn't intentionally give up fast food, but I couldn't afford the calories...
  • NickiR3d
    NickiR3d Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im in totally ready to give up the greasy fried, deep fried & re-fried fast foods!!!!!!!! LETS GO!!!!!!!
    lol can you tell I'm excited :D
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    No Chipotle here but we have Qdoba. I love a naked burrito, double beans, no rice. Totally worth it.

I'm going to cut down on fast food to once a month. No fried foods except for fries (but I'm REALLY going to try and cut these out but they are my FAVORITE FAVORITE FOOD EVER!) so cutting back is all I can promise.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    for the most part I gave up fast food about a year or so ago, that also includes soda ! I will admit that when traveling i may stop at a place, but i try to get something like a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo etc. so for the most part i would say 98% of the time this stuff is not part of my food consumption.but thats just me, best of luck to everyone
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    Ha . . . I'm in! Haven't seen the inside of a fast food joint in years. I made the choice many years ago to never eat that crap:wink: .

I agree 100000000000000000000 % !!!
  • bubs56
    bubs56 Posts: 3
    Options
    This should be easy to do. If I'm lucky I only eat out maybe 1 a month anyways. Usually Chinesse food is my big treat. Sure glad this isn't about boycotting chocolate............not ready to totally give that up although I am down to maybe 1 chocolate something or other twice a month. I've just started this program so we'll see how things go. I'll start with this boycott because I know I can do it. lol Love pita and subway is okay...........at these places it's the dressings etc that you add that increase the calories.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    It's not so bad folks, just make the smart choices off the menu - but I do try to limit fast food places in general even healthy choices, because they are still somewhat processed and loaded with sodium, but some of my favorite choices are:

Chick-fil-a: Grilled Chicken Sandwich or any of the Chargrilled Chicken salads (easy on the dressing and other little packaged condiments)

Wendy's: A cup of chili and a grilled chicken salad of choice (again easy on the dressing)

Subway: Whole wheat bread with turkey and lots of veggies - NO sauces

Chipotle Grill - a steak bowl, no rice, with pintos, tomato salsa, lettuce and cheese (sometimes corn salsa too if I feel naughty)

Always, always, ALWAYS order water to drink.

In most cases if you are STUCK eating at a fast food establishment - go with a grilled chicken sandwich option and no sides. The sandwich is more than enough calories for one meal/snack.

I make healthy choices as well..to say never is setting me up..if I'm traveling sometimes you have to make do..good luck!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    HELLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAH! I'm a McDonald's addict, so this was my number one resolution for 2012. Last year I managed to make it until March, but then it seemed as though the floodgates were opened and it's all I ate. Gross. So no fried, fast food, greasiness for me this year! Good luck everyone :)
  • NHisMage
    Options
    I'm in! Great challenge!
  • youcandoitjess
    Options
    I'm in! I was so close to making it an entire year without fast food... but during the last month of the year, I had McDonald's THREE times... yuck... No more.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

what is chipotle?

The food place of the Gods. Seriously, you walk in, and hear a choir of angels pulling you to the order line, where, in 5 minutes, you can get the most mouthwatering, taste bud orgasim causing mexican food ever. football sized burritos, bowls filled to the brim with Guacamole and Cheese, and Fresh tortilla chips with the perfect amount of salt...

Oh man. So Good.

they dont have it here in new orleans, no clue...
    I think it's an out-west thing. It just a burrito place. It's really good, and their food is natural and season-scheduled, but it can get really High in calories. They a infamous for giving you a TON of Rice and beans, and then most people get the Guacamole, cheese, and sour cream added on. It's good, it tastes really fresh, and you might think it i healthy, but most items from their menu have 800-1000 calories.

The burrito bowl I get has about 400 calories, 8 grams of fat..brown rice now too..mmm...
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    If I don't eat chick fil a nuggets at least once a month I might die.
    LOL This is me too.
    I can say no to pretty much any other fast food but there will be Chickfila in my life.
  • LilCyrus
    Options
    I'm in! Fast food has always been a problem for me. From now on I'm going to stick with Subway and Qdoba. On the rare occasion I'm stuck going somewhere else I will prepare ahead of time to make the best choice possible!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I'll get back to you in about a week :):wink:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options

what is chipotle?

The food place of the Gods. Seriously, you walk in, and hear a choir of angels pulling you to the order line, where, in 5 minutes, you can get the most mouthwatering, taste bud orgasim causing mexican food ever. football sized burritos, bowls filled to the brim with Guacamole and Cheese, and Fresh tortilla chips with the perfect amount of salt...

Oh man. So Good.

they dont have it here in new orleans, no clue...
    I think it's an out-west thing. It just a burrito place. It's really good, and their food is natural and season-scheduled, but it can get really High in calories. They a infamous for giving you a TON of Rice and beans, and then most people get the Guacamole, cheese, and sour cream added on. It's good, it tastes really fresh, and you might think it i healthy, but most items from their menu have 800-1000 calories.

The burrito bowl I get has about 400 calories, 8 grams of fat..brown rice now too..mmm...

We have ONE! woot! , lol alas haven't been
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Not me!!