Stay At Home Moms. 3/2-3/8

Options

Replies

• lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hello Mommies-

I hope everyones lil ones get better soon..So far my kids havent been to sick this winter thank goodness...Now watch I said that n my kids will be sick. I myself am doing ok..Still waiting to hear from some ppl on gettin my leep procedure done...Hopefully GOD gives me a miricale soon..I started on an antidepressent I just couldnt handle things anymore..I'm not crazy just way to stressed for me n my kids...I've been takin it for 3 days n can tell I'm a lil clamer...I dont like taking it but I dont want to be a basket case either...

I started running last week which I am very proud of me for doing..I'm even running stairs..GO ME!!!!! I didnt get to workout today had to take a roadtrip to go see my grandma in the hospital but tomorrow is another day..Hope everyone is well and getting to feel better..Dana
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Lyn - It'd be a good thigh exercise again. :wink:

My dh is the same way. He wants to soak all the babiness up whenever he is home & basically attaches her to him. And if he doesn't, she follows him around like a puppy & tries to climb up his leg. She's like a baby chimp! :laugh:

I'm glad that this morning provided you with opportunities for childhood growth. :sick: I get so frustrated with those times b/c it seems like right when they need a good "lesson", I'm in the middle of cooking dinner, in the shower or peeing. :happy:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hello Mommies-

I hope everyones lil ones get better soon..So far my kids havent been to sick this winter thank goodness...Now watch I said that n my kids will be sick. I myself am doing ok..Still waiting to hear from some ppl on gettin my leep procedure done...Hopefully GOD gives me a miricale soon..I started on an antidepressent I just couldnt handle things anymore..I'm not crazy just way to stressed for me n my kids...I've been takin it for 3 days n can tell I'm a lil clamer...I dont like taking it but I dont want to be a basket case either...

I started running last week which I am very proud of me for doing..I'm even running stairs..GO ME!!!!! I didnt get to workout today had to take a roadtrip to go see my grandma in the hospital but tomorrow is another day..Hope everyone is well and getting to feel better..Dana

Hey, Dana! Good for you! Just don't forget that antidepressants sometimes don't work for up to 6 weeks so give them some time. I'm glad that you're doing well, though!

Running?! That's fantastic! That'll help get those endorphins going to help with the depression as well! Keep it up!
  • Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I am hoping now that my kids are all back to "normal" and no longer sick that this will be a great week. I am still suffering through a sore throat, but that`s life. I am planning my meals for the week from Kraft and have found some pretty neat ideas. I am taking the night off from my treadmill as The Bachelor season finale is on!!!LOL

Hope everyone has a great week!:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I am hoping now that my kids are all back to "normal" and no longer sick that this will be a great week. I am still suffering through a sore throat, but that`s life. I am planning my meals for the week from Kraft and have found some pretty neat ideas. I am taking the night off from my treadmill as The Bachelor season finale is on!!!LOL

Hope everyone has a great week!:flowerforyou:

Oh, I'm so glad that your girls & you are doing better. Sore throats are good diet control. :laugh:

Kraft has some pretty decent recipe ideas! Let us know if you find anything you want to share! I'm always on the lookout for easy, healthy recipes!
  • montanamomma
    Options
    Never posted on here before new to mfp wondering if I could be part of the group. I have four kids ages 8,6,3,and 2. The oldest is a boy and the other three are girls. Anyway just joined today and looking for a group to help keep me on track.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Never posted on here before new to mfp wondering if I could be part of the group. I have four kids ages 8,6,3,and 2. The oldest is a boy and the other three are girls. Anyway just joined today and looking for a group to help keep me on track.

Of course you can join us! Welcome to MFP & welcome to the SAHM group! Let us know if you have any questions! There's some great women in here. :flowerforyou:
  • montanamomma
    Options
    do you chat every day at a certain time or just when you have time throughout the day?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    do you chat every day at a certain time or just when you have time throughout the day?

We just pop in & out throughout the day. New thread starts every Monday morning. We're spread all over the US, Australia & I think there's even a mom in England that pops in every once in awhile so it is hard to get us all on at once.
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    LOL Islandgirl! I just read your profile! Jamaica to NJ to Georgia! I don't know how you survived NJ for that long! I'm FROM the cold weather climate & it nearly kills me every year.

Try to appreciate the "beauty" in the snow. At least that's what other people tell ME to do. :laugh:

Hang in there! It'll be gone for you soon & hopefully you won't see the crap for another 6 years! :laugh:

LOL...i dont know how I survived it myself. I moved there from Jamaica to live with my sister. Her hubby was in the army and was stationed there. I H-A-T-E-D the cold weather!! It did have a bunch of good things happen while I was there though...went to college; met and married my hubby (he went to the same college); had my first son. So, it definately had its good points LOL.:laugh:The ONLY thing I like about snow is watching my kids play in it (like yesterday), but I would be overjoyed if I had to travel to see snow again, and it not happen here.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I just wanted to give a quick greeting to you all. We are just getting over the yuck this past week. And after much cabin fever has set in I am taking the boys out with me for my workout. My neighbor and I are gonna throw all the kids in the van and we'll do ellipticals while her teenage girls play with the rest (my three boys, and her small daugher). I won't budge from that danged machine til I hit at least 400 calories burned.

This is me telling myself so that I'll actually do it.:laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

LOL...i dont know how I survived it myself. I moved there from Jamaica to live with my sister. Her hubby was in the army and was stationed there. I H-A-T-E-D the cold weather!! It did have a bunch of good things happen while I was there though...went to college; met and married my hubby (he went to the same college); had my first son. So, it definately had its good points LOL.:laugh:The ONLY thing I like about snow is watching my kids play in it (like yesterday), but I would be overjoyed if I had to travel to see snow again, and it not happen here.

I guess a few good things could come out of NJ & its nasty winters. :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I just wanted to give a quick greeting to you all. We are just getting over the yuck this past week. And after much cabin fever has set in I am taking the boys out with me for my workout. My neighbor and I are gonna throw all the kids in the van and we'll do ellipticals while her teenage girls play with the rest (my three boys, and her small daugher). I won't budge from that danged machine til I hit at least 400 calories burned.

This is me telling myself so that I'll actually do it.:laugh:

Good for you! That's a great idea & what a nice way to bust up cabin fever! Have *shudder* fun with the elliptical! That machine & I don't get along well. Have a good workout! :flowerforyou:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    The contest ends March 17th !!
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    Okay, I'm gonna try and keep up this time...you ladies move so fast! :) Wish I was that fast in my workouts :laugh:

I joined a couple of weeks ago, and well, didn't really do anything. I'm in full gear now...really want to lose 20-25 lbs total, and hope to lose at least 5 by our wedding anniversary at the end of this month.

I'm trying to log in my daily calories, but I'm really having a tough time keeping it at 1200. I'm breastfeeding my 4 month old daughter and so I feel hungry ALL the time. Anyone have any insight?

What is a sample of your meal plans?
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to log in my daily calories, but I'm really having a tough time keeping it at 1200. I'm breastfeeding my 4 month old daughter and so I feel hungry ALL the time. Anyone have any insight?
    WELCOME

It's been awhile since I've breast fed, so some of these other mothers can hopefully help me out. But I think 1200 may be too low if you're breastfeeding a 4 month old. I think the number is you use 500 calories a day if you are breastfeeding your child with no formula or food supplementation. That means, you should be eating 1700 calories a day. Some women put breastfeeding as exercise calories and adjust it as their little one starts to wean. Babybeans, help me out here.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

Grumbling a little this morning as it was my weigh-in day and those precious 2 lb I had lost came back on. I thought about weighing again tomorrow, but then just decided to live with it and put it on my check-in. Who knows, maybe it's water weight and next week I'll be down 4 lb :noway:

Anyway, got my little girl back at 4 p.m. yesterday after her other father took her in the snow with a fever and ran her to the doctors. My wonderful DH went with us. She was positive on the flu swab (why did she get the flu shot then earlier this year?), but it's not in her chest yet. But she has severe body aches still and now bad sinus congestion, along with a fever going on six days. I actually woke up not feling horrible today, so maybe I'm getting over it. Maybe I'm just too fast for it...:angry:

Well, to work for me. Good morning all you wonderful mommies. Have a great day!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Okay, I'm gonna try and keep up this time...you ladies move so fast! :) Wish I was that fast in my workouts :laugh:

I joined a couple of weeks ago, and well, didn't really do anything. I'm in full gear now...really want to lose 20-25 lbs total, and hope to lose at least 5 by our wedding anniversary at the end of this month.

What is a sample of your meal plans?

Up up UP those calories, lady! You need an additional 300-500 cals per day while breastfeeding so you should be eating 1500-1800 cals/day before exercise. If you're exercising, add those cals burnt in as well. For example, if you're doing an exercise that burns 300 cals, that would up your daily calorie allowance to 1800-2100. I'm (trying to wean) breastfeeding my 11 month old & I'm only giving myself about 200 cals/day extra b/c she doesn't nurse as much as she used to...although she would if I let her. :grumble:

Something else I did when my daughter was still that little (and my other 2 sons that I breastfed) was to snack all day & have smaller meals. It seemed to help my milk supply as well to have the constant nutrition.

My meal plans are so sporadic I couldn't give you one if I tried. :laugh:

Welcome back to the group!:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

Grumbling a little this morning as it was my weigh-in day and those precious 2 lb I had lost came back on. I thought about weighing again tomorrow, but then just decided to live with it and put it on my check-in. Who knows, maybe it's water weight and next week I'll be down 4 lb :noway:

Anyway, got my little girl back at 4 p.m. yesterday after her other father took her in the snow with a fever and ran her to the doctors. My wonderful DH went with us. She was positive on the flu swab (why did she get the flu shot then earlier this year?), but it's not in her chest yet. But she has severe body aches still and now bad sinus congestion, along with a fever going on six days. I actually woke up not feling horrible today, so maybe I'm getting over it. Maybe I'm just too fast for it...:angry:

Well, to work for me. Good morning all you wonderful mommies. Have a great day!

Sorry about the 2#! I hope it is just water weight & that it'll be gone quickly. When I'm sick, the scale doesn't know what it's doing. :grumble:

I hope the flu stays out of her chest! Poor thing. She must be miserable. :frown:
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Mornin Mommies-

I feel like I'm gonna be sick this morning...UGHHHHHHH:sick: I want to go run but not if I'm gonna get sick...I'm gonna lay back down then try n get up again and hopefully the sick feeling is gone...I had a really good day yesterday..I went n seen my grandma thats in the hospital..She fell n broke her hip a month ago n has been in the hospital/nursing home ever sense..She went into congestive heart failure friday night but is doing better..Any prayers sent to my grandma Hazel would be greatly appericated..
    I have a question on checkbooks..Does anyone ever round up more then what the real dollar amount is?? Say its $5.85 and you put in $6 even..Is this a good idea..I cant balance a checkbook to save my life..even with a calculator:laugh: I'm not dumb just hate math...I know you all probably think this grown woman cant even do math what a funny....Any tips would be appericated..Thanks Dana