Stay At Home Moms. 3/2-3/8

Options

Replies

• Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm gonna try and keep up this time...you ladies move so fast! :) Wish I was that fast in my workouts :laugh:

I joined a couple of weeks ago, and well, didn't really do anything. I'm in full gear now...really want to lose 20-25 lbs total, and hope to lose at least 5 by our wedding anniversary at the end of this month.

I'm trying to log in my daily calories, but I'm really having a tough time keeping it at 1200. I'm breastfeeding my 4 month old daughter and so I feel hungry ALL the time. Anyone have any insight?

What is a sample of your meal plans?

I agree with what 3babybeans said. I'm nursing my 7 month old and I add 300-500 (depending on the day) calories so that I can be sure that my milk suppy doesn't suffer. If you are hungry you need to eat, don't let your body think you are starving it because then it will hold on to the weight, not let go of it. Best of luck to you and welcome to the group.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Mornin Mommies-

I feel like I'm gonna be sick this morning...UGHHHHHHH:sick: I want to go run but not if I'm gonna get sick...I'm gonna lay back down then try n get up again and hopefully the sick feeling is gone...I had a really good day yesterday..I went n seen my grandma thats in the hospital..She fell n broke her hip a month ago n has been in the hospital/nursing home ever sense..She went into congestive heart failure friday night but is doing better..Any prayers sent to my grandma Hazel would be greatly appericated..
    I have a question on checkbooks..Does anyone ever round up more then what the real dollar amount is?? Say its $5.85 and you put in $6 even..Is this a good idea..I cant balance a checkbook to save my life..even with a calculator:laugh: I'm not dumb just hate math...I know you all probably think this grown woman cant even do math what a funny....Any tips would be appericated..Thanks Dana

I do round up when a receipt is lost, but I try to stay as close as possible to what it is b/c it makes balancing it much easier at the end of the statement period. Do you at least justify your checkbook every month & make sure that everything is accounted for?

I'm sorry about your g.ma! Broken hips & heart problems are no good at older age. :frown: I hope she's able to get better & out of the nursing home soon!
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I agree with what 3babybeans said. I'm nursing my 7 month old and I add 300-500 (depending on the day) calories so that I can be sure that my milk suppy doesn't suffer. If you are hungry you need to eat, don't let your body think you are starving it because then it will hold on to the weight, not let go of it. Best of luck to you and welcome to the group.

Lyn - How is it that our daughters keep getting older?! I don't remember allowing this...I'll have to figure out how to stop it. :wink: Have a good day!:flowerforyou:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Good Morning Mommies !!

Well I called the dr yesterday....... Talked to the nurse while I was on the phone Maeve decided to have a coughing fit, which I was glad the nurse heard her. She gets coughing so hard she cant catch her breath and almost throws up. She has been on antibiotics since feb 26th shouldnt she be getting better? Cali has been real sick too ! She finished her azithromycin and is still on the other antibiotic since the 26th as well but is still coughing and running that low grade temp..... Ok I really think I am going to go off if something doesnt get done about my girls ...... I am taking in maeve today and if I dont feel happy with what is going on I am calling a new dr.

I am ready for spring I want to be out side planting flowers and my garden and playing with the girls out side .....

Yesterday I was hungry alllll day , this morning I figured out why Aunt flow dropped by argh .... now I feel like doing nothing... I have an option to get a hysterectomy cause of such sevre cramps, but I dont know if I want to do that .... I ve already had 4 surgerys ....

Well Ill try to check in later ....
    Please stop by and vote for my little girl

vote4Maeve.jpg
    http://www.wiog.com/article.asp?id=1137239
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I haven’t been on here much lately. Let me try to get up to date.

Iftcheiaf - Blah for the sickies! LOL at burning 200 calories getting out of bed. I know how you feel! BTW, I love the cartoon below your ticker!

Crystal – Your poor little one! I feel so bad when the babies are sick and just seem miserable. Luckily Harley has only had 1 cold. But I used to take care of a little boy and I remember one time he was throwing up and I was just holding him while I was crying because I felt so bad for him.

Jcartwe – I only have 1 baby and sometimes I have a hard time working out. I admire you mommies with several kids!

Islandgirl – Welcome! I know how you feel. Carbs are the :devil: . So good but so bad for you! I always bug my husband to move south. (We live in western PA.) On the news yesterday it showed a snowstorm in NC. DH asked if I still want to move south. I said Yeah!

Drevans_mom – Good luck with the extra kid. Sometimes I think it would be nice to watch an extra kid a few days a week. But my next door neighbor has an informal daycare at her house so she’s already snagged up all the local kids. :laugh: Sorry about your DH going against what you do. Luckily since my DH didn’t have any kid experience before Harley was born, he said from the start that he would kind of follow my lead which is nice.

Lenece – I’ve never run stairs but we have a split entry and I know if I forget something and have to up and down a couple times, I get tired. I’m very anal about my checkbook. I balance it to the online banking at least once a week and I balance to my statement every month. I used to work at a bank and I saw a lot of people that went negative because they never balanced their checkbook so I’m even more particular about it now. I do suggest online banking though because if I forgot to write something in my register, I catch it before it throws me off big time. My DH has never balanced a checkbook in his life. He just goes by the ATM balance. :noway: As a former bank teller, that just horrifies me. :laugh:

Montanamomma – Welcome! Post anytime you like!

Wilted6orchid – I know what you mean about cabin fever. Sometimes we’ll go to the store just to get out of the house even if we don’t need anything! :laugh:

Harley Pearl is 6 months old today! :cry: I will not cry, I will not cry. :sad:

The latest is that Harley is blowing really noisy raspberries and it freaks out our big dog Georgia. When I say big, I mean our baby scares our 115-pound dog so much by blowing raspberries that she goes and hides behind the couch. :huh: She is the wimpiest dog ever! *sigh*
  • Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100
    Options
    do you chat every day at a certain time or just when you have time throughout the day?

We just pop in & out throughout the day. New thread starts every Monday morning. We're spread all over the US, Australia & I think there's even a mom in England that pops in every once in awhile so it is hard to get us all on at once.

And don't forget about me in Canada!!! :laugh:
  • Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100
    Options
    Good Morning Mommies !!

Well I called the dr yesterday....... Talked to the nurse while I was on the phone Maeve decided to have a coughing fit, which I was glad the nurse heard her. She gets coughing so hard she cant catch her breath and almost throws up. She has been on antibiotics since feb 26th shouldnt she be getting better? Cali has been real sick too ! She finished her azithromycin and is still on the other antibiotic since the 26th as well but is still coughing and running that low grade temp..... Ok I really think I am going to go off if something doesnt get done about my girls ...... I am taking in maeve today and if I dont feel happy with what is going on I am calling a new dr.

There is something going around called the 100 day cough. A few friends kids have gotten it and it is nothing more than just a crappy cough, so maybe that's what she has. Antibiotics won't do anything for the cough, they are there to heal any infection that might be happening, the cough just goes along with it. Sick kids are no fun - at all! Hang in there!
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I feel so bad for all the lil sick babies you guys have..I hope they get better soon...

I do balance my checkbook online at least 3 times a week..I'm anal about it also with bein a single mom n watchin every penny cuz I cant afford bank fees of any kind...I dont know,I'm usually off by a few pennies here n there but it just frustrates me....I'll figure it out again..

I feel a lil better I went back to bed n slept til 11am..Bad I know but I didnt feel well..Now I'm kinda kickin myself in the butt for sleeping so late cuz I have so much that needed to be done..I'll be playin catch up today ...fun for me..Well I hope everyone gets better and thier day goes well..:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    do you chat every day at a certain time or just when you have time throughout the day?

We just pop in & out throughout the day. New thread starts every Monday morning. We're spread all over the US, Australia & I think there's even a mom in England that pops in every once in awhile so it is hard to get us all on at once.

And don't forget about me in Canada!!! :laugh:

I didn't realize you were in Canada! How fantastic! What part of Canada do you live in? I have another friend that lives in Alberta...waaaaay up north...well, way up north to this Ohio girl. :wink:

Dana - Hope the sleep helps you feel better soon!

Lori - HEY! welcome back to the SAHM thread & Bravo for keeping up like that! WTG! I don't handle the 6 month b.day very well at all...and my baby is going to be 11 months old in a couple days! WAAAAAHHHH!!! :sad: Love the Georgia story.

Crystal - If she's over a year old, try giving her some honey. It helps coat the throat & the coughing can slow down a little bit. Good luck with the dr., but I agree with mommy2girls. There's nothing an antibiotic can do for a cough unless there is a bacterial infection somewhere. Hang in there, sweetie. Try giving her some warm herbal tea, too! That seems to help my boys when they get nasty colds.
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    Hey!

Thanks for the help ladies...the 1200 did seem quite low and when I eat only that little, I feel starving...great to know I can eat more. :) I do exercise too--usually about 1 hour per day and soon to be starting up dancing again (DH and I are dance instructors, so I gotta get back into it).

Oh, as for where everyone is from...I am from WA state, but I live in India...so my timing is opposite of you all. :) Gives me time to read and catch up though!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hey!

Thanks for the help ladies...the 1200 did seem quite low and when I eat only that little, I feel starving...great to know I can eat more. :) I do exercise too--usually about 1 hour per day and soon to be starting up dancing again (DH and I are dance instructors, so I gotta get back into it).

Oh, as for where everyone is from...I am from WA state, but I live in India...so my timing is opposite of you all. :) Gives me time to read and catch up though!

Your baby is simply edible, she's SO cute! What type of dance do you teach?

If you're doing an hour a day, you certainly need more cals than 1200! Eat up, mama!
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    mainly hip-hop and modern ballet--however I haven't danced since before the pregnancy, so it's been a while for me--totally out of shape. (not that I was in great Looking shape before, but fit at least)

Thank you for commenting on my little girl. I'm still trying to figure out this site, so I'll post some more pics later. The one in the avatar was when she was about 2 months old. She's a big girl--weighing in now at 17 lbs, 6 oz and 26 inches long.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Aww! She is a big girl, huh?! My boys were both like that, but my daughter has managed to get my mom's genes so far & has stayed on the petite side.

What is it like teaching hip hop in India!? That really must be fun!

To post pics, you need to upload to a site like photobucket & then grab a code & slap it between [IMG][/IMG] with the IMG's changed to img's. If that doesn't make sense, let me know. It can be confusing the first few times you do it.

I just got done doing yoga for the first time! YAY for me! Not the normal calorie burn I'm used to, but I could feel it working some serious muscles! Not bad!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't have time to catch up on everyone right now. Trying to get DD to nap so I can finish my workout and get showered b4 it's time to go get DS from school.

Lenece-I haven't balanced my checkbook in about 3 years...yes I said 3 years! I just keep an eye on it online. I know what I have in the account and I know what I can spend. I hated balancing and I was always off (lower) from what the bank said I had...so I just quit doing it. I have been so less stress about finances since I adopted my new system.

Sara-What yoga dvd did you do? I was looking for one a couple weeks back and I picked up one from the library and it was a freaking joke. Had to have been done in like the 80s or something. I was laughing so hard I couldn't do it. I would love to find a yoga/tai chi/pilates kinda workout...but it has to be fun...cuz you know me :wink:

Lori-so nice to "see" you again. I can't believe your baby is 6 months. Mine will be 8 months in a few days. It's so crazy how quickly they change and grow. My DD's new favorite thing is standing up in her crib. She will walk the perimeter again and again and just laugh and smile. She thinks she's so funny!...I think Sara calls it baby jail when they will be happy in their cribs like that :happy:

Marla-always nice to see your smiling face

Welcome to the newbies!
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    OMG I have missed loads 3 pages and its just Tuesday I have been so busy spring cleaning the house from top to bottom sorting out cupboards my girls just grow so fast they are out growing all their clothes Charley is gettin excited she got up on sun and say "mummy is it march today" I said "yeah it is " sge replies "so can I have my birthday presents then" it isnt her birthday till the 29th she just got confused she is so sweet (when she wants to be) .

Hope all who are sick are feeling better soon I still have a really irritating cough that is stopping me sleeping so yesterday got normal workout done in the morning I felt like I was dying but survived then did shred in the afternoon instead of first thing so me 1 cough 0 today really didnt sleep well last night coughing sooo hard it hurts so decided not to do shred this morning but to do normal workout and do shred tomorrow on my rest day trying to break it up a bit I set a weekly goal so it doesnt matter if I mix it up a bit through the week. I was going to go out running tomorrow morning in place of sat exercise as I am away collecting a puppy for my father in law it will be a 8 hr trip each way starts 7am sat get back on the ferry at 6am sun not looking forward to it but it has snowed and is white hopefully it will be gone in the morning otherwise I will not be going out. Diet is still going well sticking to the cal allowance each day bit hungry today though but I will just get a cup of tea and be fine.

Oh I live on the Isle of Man (how many of you know where that is?) it is a small island between Ireland and Great Britain.

Have a great day all!!!!:heart:
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    3babybeans--it's a lot of fun. We run a 5 month school that is focused on dance and drama, so it's not just a weekly class, however we want to start that soon. Once I'm in shape of course. :) Way to go on the Yoga--I used to do Pilates and I'm trying to get back into it again...it's great. What do you normally do for the calorie burn?

Tazzy--I am not sure exactly where that is, but it's nice to meet someone a bit closer to me! :) Your daughter is cute! I love that she is learning about her birthday! How old is she? (I'm new here so forgive me for asking questions that you've probably already answered!)

Drevansmom--you had mentioned that you wanted a more fun pilates/yoga workout. Have you tried Winsor Pilates? I can't particularly say any workout is fun, but it's quite fast, so it goes by quickly! :)
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Charley will be 4 this month. jordan my little boy is going to be 8 in june and Paige my baby is to be 3 in august.

Where does the time go? I remember bringing each of them home from hospital like it was yesterday they have grown up so fast. I wish I could have more kids I would love to have a large family but hubby doesnt agree and is booked in to be for a vasectomy on apr 3rd I thought I was OK with this now I am sad end of a period of my life for good I suppose it will take some getting used to.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Sara-What yoga dvd did you do? I was looking for one a couple weeks back and I picked up one from the library and it was a freaking joke. Had to have been done in like the 80s or something. I was laughing so hard I couldn't do it. I would love to find a yoga/tai chi/pilates kinda workout...but it has to be fun...cuz you know me :wink:

It is Denise Austin's Yoga Body Burn. i'm not so sure how much it "burned" but it was pretty challenging so I was happy with that. I need something that I can work up to b/c if I can do it the first time out, it isn't worth anything to me, kwim? It was one of those $10 deals at the grocery store. :bigsmile: It is a total of 50 min. long, but you can break it up. The first 20 are the "burn", the next 10 are legs, the next 10 are abs (holy hell), and then the last 10 is a "relax". I literally fell on my face at one point & I'm pretty sure there's one pose that I will never be able to do, but we'll see! :laugh: I don't know if I would say it is "fun" (b/c Denise Austin annoys me a bit), but it was an enjoyable workout. There's a fantastic option where you can shut her off & just listen to the music so I'm looking forward to being able to not have her yapping in my ear once I get the moves down.

I agree with Nadyasmom about Winsor Pilates. I did them years ago, but I really enjoyed it! You should ask Kelly what one she does b/c that's what she was doing the most of before she got on the crack addiction that is Turbo Jam. :bigsmile:

Tazzy - We're done at 3, also. I would have LOVED to have anohter baby, but another baby that turns into a mouthy 3year old? Not so much. :laugh: If I could just keep one of them tiny forever, I'd be a happy woman. :laugh: I'm sorry that you aren't in aggrement with your hubby about the number of kids, though. That would be tough. :frown:

Nadyasmom - I'm used to burning about 500-600 cals during my 50 min. aerobics routine that I do & I only managed to burn about 150 in the 50 min. I did yoga today. I think I just need to focus on it as a "strength training" workout so I don't get upset by the low cals, kwim? It WAS a good workout, I just didn't burn much. :ohwell:

I need to SCRUB my house down today. The kids have taken over & there's just nonsense everywhere. I think I'm going to try to go to a gym for the first time tonight so we'll see how that goes! I'm nervous! ACK!

Have a good Wednesday, ladies!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    :happy:

Hi, Marla!!! :flowerforyou: