Stay At Home Moms. 3/2-3/8

Options

Replies

• Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    Anyone use/heard of "TurboJam"? It seems great, but I'm curious if it's really all it's cracked up to be.

3babybeans--so what do you DO to burn the 600 calories in 50 minutes? My workouts don't burn nearly that much.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Anyone use/heard of "TurboJam"? It seems great, but I'm curious if it's really all it's cracked up to be.

3babybeans--so what do you DO to burn the 600 calories in 50 minutes? My workouts don't burn nearly that much.

:blushing: Turbo Jam. Seriously! I LOVE it! It is such a fantastic workout. Lyn (drevansmom) does it as well. I've been doing it since August & have had FANTASTIC results. I can honestly say that I have never been in this good of shape. :smooched:
  • jcarter81304
    Options
    Just thought I would pop in real quick and say a hello...fixin to eat me some oatmeal with a little bit of brown sugar and then clean clean clean....the boys and i are leaving tomorrow to go to houston (about 3 hours away) cause my mother in law got me rodio tickets and i 'm super excited i haven't been in years....even though it means the boys missing a day of school but they were ok with that...LOL they need a break anyways...lol

Does anyone take any diet pills or anything or do u lose the weight all on ur own watching what u eat and exercising?

Have a great day
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Just thought I would pop in real quick and say a hello...fixin to eat me some oatmeal with a little bit of brown sugar and then clean clean clean....the boys and i are leaving tomorrow to go to houston (about 3 hours away) cause my mother in law got me rodio tickets and i 'm super excited i haven't been in years....even though it means the boys missing a day of school but they were ok with that...LOL they need a break anyways...lol

Does anyone take any diet pills or anything or do u lose the weight all on ur own watching what u eat and exercising?

Have a great day

I can say with near 100% certainty that none of us are on diet pills (that I've met so far). It is hard work to watch your food & exercise, but SO worth it. Once you educate yourself on how to lose weight & eat healthy, the weight will stay off easier b/c you know how you got heavy in the first place.

Have fun in Houston! I hope the boys enjoy themselves & their day off school! :flowerforyou:
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    jcarter--I've used pills in the past, and they honestly didn't help with anything for me...rather just made me feel sick. I say just eat healthy, take a regular multivitamin, and exercise.

3babybeans--that's what I've heard. Hmm...wish I could get it sent here. I'm coming to the states in May though, so hopefully I can order it before I come and have it waiting for me. Totally worth the money huh?
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Turbo Jam is great!!! I've lost all of my weight in 6 months doing Turbo Jam and using this website. It's fun, motivating, and the music is great. It's addicting. We (3babybeans and I) have a turbo jam thread, so if you want to hear some more "testimonials" jump over (I'll post the thread) and read thru some of the posts. It is TOTALLY worth its money. 3 years ago, I bought the basic set. I lost 20 lbs in 2 months and then I got lazy. After my baby was born in July (and I got the ok from the doc) I started exercising again. In December I was so excited about the results I was seeing and the weight I was losing I spent another $100 on more workouts. I think I ALMOST own the whole collection now and I love every minute of it. I know one of the girls on our thread is in Ireland and had to contact a distributor to get her videos because she couldn't get beachbody, amazon, or ebay to ship them to her. Maybe you could do that. There are a couple of distributors of Turbo Jam here on MFP. If your interested we could give you their screen names and you could contact them.

Wow, I got excited there for a minute :laugh:

jcarter-Diet pills are not worth the money. Overall they don't do anything good for you. You can probably lose weight faster and healthier just by watching what you eat and exercising. Educate yourself on foods that are filling and low calorie and make sure you are drinking lots of water. Those will help you so you don't feel hungry.

I have a job interview today. Could be a work at home and office kinda thing, so I'm really excited about it. I haven't worked in almost a year so I feel a little overwhelmed about the whole idea, but the extra income will be nice. I'm hoping that the employer and I can come to an agreement on hours at home vs hours in the office, plus allow me to bring my baby to the office cuz I don't want to have to get a daycare for just a couple hours a week. We will see. Wish me luck!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :happy:

Hi, Marla!!! :flowerforyou:
    :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble::grumble: :grumble:
  • jcarter81304
    Options
    drevans_mom good luck with ur interview today...
    I have used diet pills in the past but just end up stop taking them and they don't really work for me...the ones that say curve appetite never did...lol i was still hungry...
    hmmm turbo jam sounds like it could be fun. i also have bought workout videos and get bored with them so i stop doing them. i have the wii fit but just am not motivated enough i guess....i'm going to check out the turbo thread though and i'm going to push myself to do the wii fit... My DH will be home around june from deployment and i want to be smaller...at least 20 pounds would be nice...so girls I NEED THE HELP...
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good Morning from Alaska!
    I really need to clean house, but with Hubby in Iraq I just can't muster the will power for it. I mean if the kids don't care and there isn't anything sticky in sight it can wait, right? I am still kinda new to mfp and was reading over the TurboJam conversation. Never heard of it, but you sound stoked about it. I'll have to look into it, huh? I think I am at a point where my weight loss is definitely slowing down. I'm starting to think that if I could just wean the baby that maybe that extra fat with melt off my buns and thighs, but he's only 8 months and I really don't want to rush things. This is the first really sucessful breastfeeding and I wish I could do it til he was a year old. But, Hubby will be coming home right around then, and I want to look nice, ugh, so conflicted.
    I am still food logging and trying to eat right. I jog too, but I never burn more than 300 cals. So I really need to find some thing that burn more cals with less time. I guess that's what we all would like. Any ideas?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Good Morning from Alaska!
    I really need to clean house, but with Hubby in Iraq I just can't muster the will power for it. I mean if the kids don't care and there isn't anything sticky in sight it can wait, right? I am still kinda new to mfp and was reading over the TurboJam conversation. Never heard of it, but you sound stoked about it. I'll have to look into it, huh? I think I am at a point where my weight loss is definitely slowing down. I'm starting to think that if I could just wean the baby that maybe that extra fat with melt off my buns and thighs, but he's only 8 months and I really don't want to rush things. This is the first really sucessful breastfeeding and I wish I could do it til he was a year old. But, Hubby will be coming home right around then, and I want to look nice, ugh, so conflicted.
    I am still food logging and trying to eat right. I jog too, but I never burn more than 300 cals. So I really need to find some thing that burn more cals with less time. I guess that's what we all would like. Any ideas?

Oh, don't wean the baby! I had a hard time losing weight with my boys breastfeeding, but I wasn't successful after they quit nursing at 11 months either (they both self-weaned). Turbo Jam has a great sculpting routine that will help firm up the booty & thighs so even if there is a little extra padding there, they'll still look better, kwim?

I don't want Lyn & I to take over the thread with our praises of Turbo Jam, but her & I are both breastfeeding our daughters & have had a LOT of success with it. Plus, there are so many workouts, I never get bored with it either.

I think if my husband were overseas, I'd never clean so I feel your pain in that department! I hate cleaning. Well, I actually LIKE cleaning, but turning around to see that the kids have once again destroyed everything is so defeating! They're like walking, talking dirt monsters!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    drevans_mom good luck with ur interview today...
    I have used diet pills in the past but just end up stop taking them and they don't really work for me...the ones that say curve appetite never did...lol i was still hungry...
    hmmm turbo jam sounds like it could be fun. i also have bought workout videos and get bored with them so i stop doing them. i have the wii fit but just am not motivated enough i guess....i'm going to check out the turbo thread though and i'm going to push myself to do the wii fit... My DH will be home around june from deployment and i want to be smaller...at least 20 pounds would be nice...so girls I NEED THE HELP...

I have yet to get bored with Turbo Jam. There's a lot of routines to do & it is just simply a lot of fun. You can do this, Carter!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    :happy:

Hi, Marla!!! :flowerforyou:
    :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble::grumble: :grumble:

But we still :heart: you! :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    jcarter--I've used pills in the past, and they honestly didn't help with anything for me...rather just made me feel sick. I say just eat healthy, take a regular multivitamin, and exercise.

3babybeans--that's what I've heard. Hmm...wish I could get it sent here. I'm coming to the states in May though, so hopefully I can order it before I come and have it waiting for me. Totally worth the money huh?

I sent you a PM. :happy:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'll check back later to get caught up with everybody. Just wanted to share Harley's 6 month pictures we got taken today.

6months.jpg
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Lori-SHE IS SO STINKING CUTE I just wanna pinch her cheeks!

Gotta run but I'll post more later
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Lori - I said it before, I'll say it again. EDIBLE! I could just eat her up! :heart: it!

Lyn - Did ya get it did ya get it did ya get it?!?!?!?!

Went to my first "gym" class tonight & it whipped me. FANTASTIC, but it whipped me!
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow! Beautiful girl.

I would (well, Hubby would REALLY love) our next one to be a girl.:wink:
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    loreeb--Lori is it? Your little girl is so beautiful! What a sweetheart!

AFM---yay--thank you to you turbojam ladies for getting me connected with one of the beachbody coaches...She's gonna ship it to me!!! Woo Hoo!!!! So hopefully soon I'll be on that super-charged wieght loss kick!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Lori-SHE IS SO STINKING CUTE I just wanna pinch her cheeks!

Thanks! People say that all the time. So one time I pinched her cheeks just to see what she'd do. She spit up on me. :huh:
    Wow! Beautiful girl.

I would (well, Hubby would REALLY love) our next one to be a girl.:wink:

Thanks! If I have a boy, I wouldn't be sad but I really wanted a little girl.
    loreeb--Lori is it? Your little girl is so beautiful! What a sweetheart!

Yep, it's Lori. When I came up with my 1st email address I didn't want to just put my name. My name then was Lori Black and I was 18 so the creative youngin' I was I came up with loreeb18 and now I just use that as my screen name for everything. :laugh: And thanks!