40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids!!! Had a fun time at the drive in, but over-snacked!!! Our fourth was fun despite the down pour we had where I live. We ended up cooking inside and as soon as the cooking was done the sun came out- go figure!

Despite over eating on Wednesday and hurting my foot and not being able to exercise like normal, I have still managed to lose 2lbs!! Amazing! I walked my regular route today- it was a bit steamy though and the mosquitos were out in force! It felt good to get out there and sweat a bit (or actually a lot!!) I will be going back to the gym tomorrow morning-- then Jake is coming in the afternoon to stay with Grammy and PawPaw overnight! Yeah!!! - Then off to a triple birthday part on Sunday for my hubby, my brother and my aunt. It's never dull at my house!!

Have a great day and weekend all!
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    +40 checking in and feeling great!

Hi everyone!!
  • rdewald58
    rdewald58 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm new to the group. I'm 55 and currently 160 LBS. I've lost 20 lbs and 26 inches since I've started using the 80/20 rule April 5th. 80% diet and 20% exercise with daily workouts.
    Bob
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hope all the American cool kids had an enjoyable 4th. You are all probably still enjoying your nice long weekend!

Took hubby for his follow up post op appt. All is well - foot is healing nicely. :happy:

Yesterday was our granddaughter's 2nd birthday. She was too cute! We got her a bike, which she loved and wanted to ride it outside and on the road! She kept saying "over there" and pointing to the road. She hasn't quite got the hang of peddling, but I'm sure it won't be long before she does. :happy:

Haven't worked out since Tuesday's run with the trip to the city for the medical appt and then for granddaughter's birthday, but there is a workout plan for today.

Have a couple of ladies staying at the B&B this weekend. They are up for a weekend of hiking, kayaking and just plain ol' fun!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Legs are sore today after a HIIT class yesterday morning, so I took a day off from working out but will be back on the treadmill tomorrow. I almost had a breakdown yesterday after attempting to shop at the Gap for shorts for an upcoming trip (and the summer) as their longest shorts were still shorter than I care for. But I had a very productive shopping trip at Nordstrom Rack this morning and was able to buy a bunch of stuff in sizes 10 and M, which made me very happy. And maybe my new clothes will help me keep up the good choices next week while on vacation, fingers crossed.
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    43. ..feeling invinceable today!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Hi.

Today I lift. With glasses on....this is not how I normally do it! Can't wear contacts until Saturday. Boo.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    Lifted Friday, ran Saturday and did SFA today. Well, I did do house work and laundry. Had B&B guests all weekend that left this morning, so it was major clean up time once they left.
    Chilled (literally) for the remainder of the day. Where did summer go? It's freaking freezing here today.
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hope your car issues get straightened out. In April an ininsured guy ran a red light and my wife & I hit him at 50mph. That's been fun. Then we replaced that TSX wagon (family car) with a 2014 Grand Cherokee in Mid April and it has now been in the shop four times (shut off WHILE DRIVING once, brought back, fixed, shut off again while driving, brought back, fixed, transmission issue, brought back, fixed, transmission issue again -- three weeks at dealer this last go-around). Under 1000 miles, 300 or so put on by the dealer testing the car. We have had it maybe ten days since April and I'm about to make my third payment on it if you can believe it.

Car issues suck. They really drain ya. Hope it all works out.

run - do not walk - to a lawyer and find out what he lemon laws are in your state. Do not wait, and if eligible, do not let the dealer sway you.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hope your car issues get straightened out. In April an ininsured guy ran a red light and my wife & I hit him at 50mph. That's been fun. Then we replaced that TSX wagon (family car) with a 2014 Grand Cherokee in Mid April and it has now been in the shop four times (shut off WHILE DRIVING once, brought back, fixed, shut off again while driving, brought back, fixed, transmission issue, brought back, fixed, transmission issue again -- three weeks at dealer this last go-around). Under 1000 miles, 300 or so put on by the dealer testing the car. We have had it maybe ten days since April and I'm about to make my third payment on it if you can believe it.

Car issues suck. They really drain ya. Hope it all works out.

run - do not walk - to a lawyer and find out what he lemon laws are in your state. Do not wait, and if eligible, do not let the dealer sway you.

You can also escalate it through the Better Business Bureau - We had similar issues with a brand new Kia and we filed through them....
  • Colliey
    Colliey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow! I must be the only surviving "relic" on MFP. All you kids in your 40's better behave and eat your veggies! lol

LOL! Classic! . . . yes mom! LOL~
  • Colliey
    Colliey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oops, I didn't introduce myself. I'm 45 OMG - where have the years gone? Only just found this website and finally I feel independently strong, and honestly don't feel alone. There are so many people here when I read their stories/topics etc, I feel. "hey that's me!" Its truly a very uplifting experience. I feel I have my own secret backup. Thanks to everyone . . . . in advance . . . thank you.
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Monday Fun Day Cool Kids!

Had a wonderful relaxing holiday weekend that began on Wednesday :) Went to the gym Thursday, skipped Friday, attended a "snatch clinic" on Saturday - still think I will never be able to perform a perfect snatch but I'll keep trying -, ran 2.5 miles Sunday and back at the gym this morning at 5:30.

Took pictures over the weekend and I'm not happy with them at all. The results are very noticeable, the photographer (my husband) on the other hand, not so good. Will have to wait until one of my friends at the gym can take proper pictures.

Took a slight break from my Paleo diet this weekend, but back on track this morning, lots of protein, low carbs.

On a NSV note, 2 actually...I think I've mentioned before I've had severe sleep apnea for the past 13 years and due to my weight loss my neurologist mentioned at my checkup in April I may not need to wear my cpap mask if I lose another 30% of my body weight. Anyway, took my daughter to the movies on Wednesday night, late show 9:30 pm and fell asleep within the first 15 min of the movie :( my daughter didn't notice, but when she did woke me up to tell me I don't snore anymore. That is HUGE!
    I also saw my BFF yesterday, who I hadn't seen since my Whole30 challenge began in early June and she called me skinny :) bless her, that made my day!

Have a great day!
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning, 40+ Kids.
    I had a good week with my diet and workouts. My weight is holding fairly steady, but my waist was down a 1/2 inch this morning from a week ago. I actually don't care about the weight, it is just one indicator to keep me in check.

I have a week of vacation starting Friday which includes my 25th high school reunion. We are old :)
    I look forward to the reactions I get since I was nearly 50 lbs heavier at our 20 year reunion.

Have a great week.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    newbeg1ning - yay for being called "skinny" - boo that the picture didn't turn "out" - LIGHTING is EVERYTHING! Try 'early-morning natural light' next time and turn your body in different ways so the light can catch your muscles!

moody - yay on 1/2" down on waist - THAT'S AWESOME! I didn't attend my 25th high school reunion, the last time I went to one was my 10th. But, I've always been skinny, so that was never my worry....I wanted to see all the men who had lost THEIR HAIR!

I've got a busy week at work, but will lift on tuesday and (likely) Friday, I think. Saturday is cardio. I'm going to try walking in the evenings.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Cool Kids~

I had a busy weekend! I made it to the gym on Saturday morning and had a good work out. Then Jake came on Saturday afternoon and spent the night at the house. We had sooo much fun! Yesterday was the big birthday bash for my husband, brother and aunt. It was lots of fun! Of course there was lots of food too! I did well and managed to keep my calories in check! We got home quite late so I did not make it to the gym this morning. I might sneak off there tomorrow morning before Jake gets to the house since I am off tomorrow and don't have to worry about work.

Newbeg1ning- I know what you mean about the snoring- I don't have sleep apnea, but my hubby used to tell me that I snored quite loud, but recently told me that he has noticed that I am not snoring since I have lost weight!! I have another NSV as well. While at my mother's yesterday, she gave me two pairs of shorts that she bought for herself that ended up being too tight on her, but fit me quite well. The NSV in that is this- she used to give me clothes that were too big for her, now she is giving me things that are too tight!
  • rdewald58
    rdewald58 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I too had a great weekend. Grandson came over and we had some great male bonding time.
    Rode my bicycle 31 miles Saturday afternoon and 45 miles on Sunday with a killer head wind. It paid off though, I'm at my lowest recorded weight since high school. I'm looking forward to next week to see if I lost any additional inches from last month when our Fitness center manager does my measurements.
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am glad you are all doing so well and you had a good holiday!

I am up half a lb but down another inch on my waist and hips so it's all good!

My in-laws are still here till friday, and we have been very busy. My father -in- law has a bit of dementia and is sometimes hard to deal with. Other than that we have been having a great time.

I helped my hubby take drywall and OSB boards upstairs in the garage on fri and sat. The 2 days totaled 60 flights of stairs and a shared 3000 lbs of boards. There was 55 dry wall and 44 of the OSB boards. Boy my calves were screaming the next day! lol

So now in addition to my Brazil butt lift workouts I am doing 10 flights of stairs each day too!

Keep up the great work everyone and have a lovely week!

Chelle
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    KellySue - congrats on "keeping calories in check" while at party(ies)!! THAT IS AWESOME!

I *love* it when you write about your grandson....so much "love" just oozes from every post! Nice to read!!

rdewald - congrats for the weights loss! I can't believe you have the PATIENCE to wait until next MONTH to take measurements, though?!?!?!? omg - I'd be wrapping that tape measure around MYSELF - the curiosity would KILL ME!

princessofred - eek at in-laws! some of mine are around right now, but other than having my s-i-l and her 2 kids for only one night this weekend, they are all bunking 'elsewhere'! (Thank goodness!). Congrats on being down an INCH on waist and an INCH on hips - THAT'S AWESOME!