40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    No lifting, today. Am off to have my eyeballs measured for cataract surgery.

Cardio scheduled for tomorrow. I might lift on Sunday.

Have a good weekend, 40+-ers!!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all! Not a good scale day for me. I'm up two lbs. from last week. Yuck! TOM is visiting this week and I am definitely experiencing some DOMS after lifting yesterday so I am hoping it is fluid retention. I did get out and walk this morning and then came in to work and had to put the site back together after our monthly music performance last night so I have definitely gotten some cardio AND lifting in today!! :laugh:

No big plans for the weekend. My younger daughter is coming for dinner tonight and will have my grandson with her as he is spending some time with her while my older daughter and her husband spend a few days in NYC for their anniversary. Otherwise I think it's laundry and some summer(should have been spring) cleaning. I will make it to the gym tomorrow morning though.

Have a great day!
  • rdewald58
    rdewald58 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 - Good luck with your surgery!

Happy Friday All!
    Had a great 25 mile bike ride last night with my wife out at the Lake. A gorgeous night and we watched the locals (from the bike trails) race up and down the lake participating in the weekly fishing tournament. We plan on riding again on Saturday with a 45 mile ride scheduled with a lunch break at the midway point.

5 days to measurement time and I'm excited to see if I had lost any additional inches.....

Everyone have a great weekend.
    Bob
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hey, how did I miss this? lol I better get in while I am still in my forties!

Happy Friday everyone. Hope you have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Frank
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Cook Kids,

Had a fun time on the stand up paddle board last evening, however, it was not the fitness class, but an actual lesson to learn how to stand up paddle board. Did it anyway and it was great. Once we were done, all these women started arriving for the fitness class. I told the instructor, that was what I thought I had signed up for. Found out there are two different places to register for the two different lessons. So, will try the fitness class next week! :tongue:

Also got a short run in yesterday before the class.

Beeps - cataract surgery?! Good luck with that. I'd say you are too young for it, but it does happen regardless of age.

GTAFrank - welcome! Nice to have another canuck on board. :happy: I'm a tad north from you.

It's my 33rd wedding anniversary today. Where did the time go?! My MIL took us for lunch today and unfortunately, my lunch was very disappointing. The restaurant we wanted to go to was "closed until 5". :noway: This restaurant is wonderful, but the owners are flaky and just up and close whenever they feel like it. So we went to the one next door, which is also good, but only for dinner. They do a crappy lunch and sure enough, my lunch was awful. Not sure why they can't get lunch right. The upside, didn't eat very much, so I can enjoy a glass of wine with our dinner tonight.

Have a great weekend all. :flowerforyou:
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Thanks sdereski! Love it up north and I am totally envious of that lifestyle.

Cheers,

Frank
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this board, looks like a great place to fins a lot of good info and friendly people
    I have wanted to try paddle boarding, looks like a lot of fun.I used to do sail boarding like about 30 yrs ago lol. I loved it, today it is suppose to be about 96 degrees HOT so I am taking my 13 yr old to the waterpark should be good exercise climbing all the stairs to go down the waterslide and swimming.

Have a great friday
  • KellySue67
    Options

It's my 33rd wedding anniversary today. Where did the time go?! My MIL took us for lunch today and unfortunately, my lunch was very disappointing. The restaurant we wanted to go to was "closed until 5". :noway: This restaurant is wonderful, but the owners are flaky and just up and close whenever they feel like it. So we went to the one next door, which is also good, but only for dinner. They do a crappy lunch and sure enough, my lunch was awful. Not sure why they can't get lunch right. The upside, didn't eat very much, so I can enjoy a glass of wine with our dinner tonight.

Congratulations on 33 years!! That's a bummer about lunch, but hope you and your hubby have a great dinner. Enjoy the wine!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yes, Happy 33rd sdereski!! Lasting love is a TRUE GIFT! So glad you found yours!
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump to read later...
  • karylee46
    karylee46 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    just saying hi to all the cool kids.. ;)

have a great weekend.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Got my lifting in tonight. Worked hard and fast.

Hubby and I went for dinner. It was very nice. :happy:

Off to the city tomorrow to shop for a "mother of the groom" dress.
    Wedding is 2 months away...:tongue:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Ooooh, a shopping trip! Nice!

I'm off to the gym - I have decided to do my scheduled cardio, after all.
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am at work today. Took a couple new pics. One with my boys too! It is a lovely day here! We have been walking outside around the office building in between patients! lol

Here comes another one! lol gotta run! ttyl! ; )

Chelle
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    whew,, first i thought this said the 400 club (400 pounds)... sorry!

are there people over 400 pounds here?
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Monday Cool Kids! A quiet weekend at my house. I lifted on Saturday and walked yesterday. Today I met with the trainer again and added more upper body lifts to increase my VERY weak arm strength. Still working on chest and shoulders too but have seen improvement there.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is off to a good start for their week!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    KellySue - slow-and-steady is going to win the race, anyway! Doing proper form, even with low weights, until you have the right idea, is best to avoid injury.

I am going to lift today, and Wednesday! Fri - Sun I am away at OLDcity for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary - so, no scheduled exercise on these (heavy) family days!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Have fun with the family Beeps! Should be a good time! ; )

My in-laws are back in ohio. I can't' wait to get back to my routine of stuff especially school work with the boys! We really slacked off while they were here!

Keep up the great work everyone and welcome to the new 40's cool kids! ; )

xoxo

Chelle
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    School work? Huh?? princessofred where do you live?

Got in a good lifting session and am being VERY conscious about what I'm putting in my mouth, today. I really want to stay on-point with calories!
  • rdewald58
    rdewald58 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good luck Beeps2011 with staying on point with calories. Its hard to do, but managable.

Welcome to the club newbies. I've only been posting for a couple weeks, so I'm a rookie also.

Had a great weekend riding a little over 62.7 miles and a total of 203.7 miles for the week. It was plenty hot with killer head winds again, but well worth the end result.

Went out and tried on smaller sized clothes yesterday. It is so exciting trying on a size you've only dreamed about fitting into, and I do have to admit, it feels great. I'm going to ride this feeling until I see the scales start tipping the opposite direction in which I hope doesn't happen too soon.

Man, was bummed out Saturday night, did you know a small Smores Dairy Queen blizzard contains almost 800 calories? (thus the reason why I rode 26 miles yesterday to work it off). Damm, I could of had a Peanut Buster Parfait for 700. I generally don't treat myself to something like this very often, but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do to satisfy the urge. Next time maybe not so drastic with the calories.

4 more days to measurement time.

Everyone have a great day and week.