40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• thezorb
    thezorb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know there was a 40+ group! Yay!!

In spite of the stress of job hunting (and it seriously sucks, let me tell you), I've been losing 3lbs/week on average for the last three weeks! Today I'm heading to the golf course nearby to walk 3mi.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    I *love* Peanut Buster Parfaits!!! Because of the HIGH calories, i indulge, perhaps, 3 x per YEAR. But, when I do, it's YUMMMMMMMy!

3 lbs / week weight loss is HUGE, thezorb - good for you, keep it up! Good luck on the golf course!

I just ate a snack that I wish I hadn't. Poop. Now I have to cut-down my dinner. dumb.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids! Went away for a week and ate/drank what I wanted to and didn't work out--it was great but now it's back to real life. Hit the elliptical this afternoon to ease back into the exercise. My ankles are still a little swollen after taking a red-eye flight home from the West Coast (sleeping sitting up does not make my legs happy, it seems) and I am hoping that after the workout, a lower sodium day, and one more night's sleep in a bed they will be back to normal. (Really, no one else would notice but me at the moment, I'm just grossed out by them.)
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm in Arizona Beeps. We homeschool the kids, so it is a year round thing! We can also take off when ever we like too! lol

I do the reading, writing and history and my hubby does the math and science.

Can you believe I found a workout so fun I did it twice in one day? lmao... Brazil butt lift Cardio Carnivale! Way too fun so I had to show the hubby how fun and did it again!

I may not be able to walk tomorrow, but I burned some cals today! ; )

Welcome back RM.

Have a good night or day lol depending on where you are in the world! ; )

xoxo

Chelle
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    wow @ 2-work-outs in one day. Now THAT is dedication.

Today is a "fast" day. whoopee!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I made it out for a walk this morning before the heat and humidity show up. It is a quiet week at my house, no grandson :sad: He is visiting other family members while his mommy and daddy are in NYC. I guess I have to share once in a while! I might get to see him Friday- hope, hope, hope!

Beeps- good luck with the fast- I will give you credit 'cause I know that I don't have the will power to do it. That, and because I am diabetic, it throws my whole system out of wack if I go too long without eating.

Tomorrow is a rest day for me, and then back to the gym on Thursday. Have a great day everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I've only known one diabetic who can "fast". One. It is NOT meant for persons who have other challenges (like diabetes), for sure.

I don't like *fasting*, frankly, because it mucks with my sleep - and I LIKE MY ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'S.

But, I have some "bloat" to get off - and I want a proper scale-weight tomorrow. Then, it's just back to my daily IF between 8-9 pm and noon-time the next day. That I can do, easy-pleasy!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did really good with my fast, did NOT go koo-koo with my evening calories and kept them <1,000. YAY!

Mind you, as it turns out, i am NOT lifting today, after all! so, I don't even HAVE a "scale weight" to record. Oh well, there's always next week.

Today, I'm fasting (again!) until supper-time because I have a dinner out, with a Venus friend, and I REALLY WANT TO ENJOY IT! So, no calories today, and will try and keep my supper to <1,500, including my alcoholic beverages!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Have a great time Beeps!

Today is a rest day for me. Trying to keep the calories low overall and just eat light in general since it is so hot in our neck of the woods these days. Anything too heavy would make me toss my cookies right now!

Happy Hump Day!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Quickly popping in to say "hello". Will try and catch up later.

I did get my lifting in on Monday and a short run yesterday. It was HOT.Well, hot for this part of the country. It was about 80, but I got it done.

Scooting off early today as I have guests at home expecting dinner.

Hope everyone is doing well. :flowerforyou:
  • rdewald58
    rdewald58 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not to be a "Debbie Downer" here, but our Fitness Instructor said that fasting or starving yourself is not a good idea when building up your metabolism. Its better to eat several small meals during the day instead of one to two large meals spread out. I've been doing the several meals per day since April first and I'm down 25 lbs as of today. Granted, I watch the number of calories I consume, but if I'm over, I exercise an work it off. Call me crazy, but I love all those yummy foods also.

I follow the 80/20 rule. 80% exercise and 20% diet. Its paid huge dividends for me. I do workout twice a day 4-5 days per week for one hour in the morning and usually 45-90 minutes at night depending on how I feel. I did another 21 mile bike ride last night and will do another one this afternoon with my wife.

By no means am I trying to persuade anyone to quit what program they've established for themselves. Losing weight is hard and takes several weeks and or moths to accomplish. Doing it the right way not only benefits your self-esteem, but your body will thank you for it in the long run.

Good luck and its "measurements day" tomorrow. I'm so excited, whether its good or bad.....
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi hi! over 40 here and new and new to this community! I'm finding it to be a lot of fun and extremely educational! I look forward to chatting with y'all ;)
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    New here and 42! Glad I finally found all the cool kids :)
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Tat2dDom0105 Posts: 661
    Options
    I might have posted in this thread already, but i'll chime in again.

I'm 44, and always welcome new faces that are my age (or younger)
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids! Today was a lifting day for me and I got in a good work out. Tomorrow is weigh day so I am hoping for good results. We'll see....

Have a good day!
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Quick drive by to say hi, super, super busy!

It's been a tough couple of weeks working out in 92+ degree heat, it's exhausting! I have been lifting every other day and it feels great! My sister and her family are coming in to hang at the beach this weekend and I'm looking forward to it.

Beeps - good luck with your fasting, I can honestly say it DOES NOT work for me :( I can go without the food, but I've gained weight every time I've tried it.

KellySue - wishing you a great weigh in tomorrow :)

Laters!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi all! My fast yesterday ended at 3 pm with a protein bar. And, I had a lovely dinner, out with a friend....I expect I ingested "maintenance calories" yesterday, in the end.

No more fasting for me this week (beyond my daily routine of "skipping breakfast" - which works for me!). I don't have much weight to lose (never did), so fasting really helps me keep to my daily alotted calories. That's it, that's all. Everybody has to find what works for them!

No lifting today....and, I'm off to OLDcity for the next 3 days, so won't be posting. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • rdewald58
    rdewald58 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just came back from getting my measurements after 4 weeks. Holy Buckets!!!!!!!!! I lost another 4.6 lbs, 18 inches from various body parts (7 inches from my midsection alone), and another 4.9 lbs of fat.... I've decreased my overall body fat from 20.3% down to 14.2%, lost 11 lbs of fat, and lost 11 lbs in 2 months since I started keeping track of my measurements. Since April 1st I've dropped 22 total lbs.

With this being said, I think I found an exercise routine that works for me. I've met my weight loss goal, now its time to maintain and stay in shape for awhile.

Good luck to you all in staying healthy and fit. Maintain that positive attitude and watch those inches melt away.
  • princessofredrock
    Options
    Hello friends! Who was new ......... Meow, Stacy and Tat2. Welcome! ; )

Glad you had a good dinner Beeps and have fun in "old city" too!

Hope you have a good weigh in Kellysue!

Have fun at the beach with the family newbe!

I am off to the dairy today and to the olive mill to get local olive oil and see what else they have to offer!

I am going to do my exercise now then hit the road! The kids won't be ready for an hour or better anyway! They are playing the muppets, and I can never interrupt a muppets episode! lol

Take care and keep it rocking over the weekend! xoxo

Chelle
  • princessofredrock
    Options
    wow rde! Had to post again and say congrats and awesome job! I am sure you looked in the mirror and knew you had lost but those are great stats!

Cheers to ya!

Chelle